Author Topic: Starting your car  (Read 6155 times)

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Starting your car
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 01:11:41 PM »
I would like to see this added for the reasons already stated.

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2013, 03:56:05 AM »
Maybe like this:
Small cars and station cars has a start up time on 5 sec.
Mule and other big trucks is 8 sec.

Not sure if you leave your truck/car it will turn the engine off automatic or you have to hit R again. so if you leave the car it will stand in idle and you will lose gas.

Credit goes to jackal

Offline ejecX_

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 05:09:37 AM »
100% +support from me, this is an awsome idea, and i agree with Jesusfreak that the startup times should vary from vehicle to vehicle, or atleast from one type of vehicle to another.

Offline Zacharias

• Cookie Monster|Cocaine Cookies|
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 05:40:07 AM »
I support

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2013, 06:34:54 AM »
Very easy addition that can only bring good to the gamemode. +support
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2013, 07:14:27 AM »
As soon as the major bugs are fixed this will be worked on. Might not be in update 7 but probably update 8.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2013, 11:05:33 AM »
Id rather see 3 seconds for sedans, coupes, suvs, and small trucks. Then 5 for everything else. Like I said before if it takes 5 seconds to start your car, you have a problem.

Offline MOOcow

• MOO
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013, 05:02:18 PM »
I believe anything over 2 seconds it too long. It should be 1-2 seconds at most. You should be able to realize they are starting their car in that amount of time.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2013, 05:14:29 PM »
Extending on this idea. What if you were able to leave your vehicle, without the engine turning off? While the engine is running, gas would still decrease. So you would have to actually turn your engine on and off realistically. Just like you would in real life ;)
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2013, 05:23:17 PM »
Extending on this idea. What if you were able to leave your vehicle, without the engine turning off? While the engine is running, gas would still decrease. So you would have to actually turn your engine on and off realistically. Just like you would in real life ;)
and make it so your car doesnt lock. Guy i work with at dominoes had his car stolen cause he lef it running while on a delivery.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2013, 07:34:09 PM »
and make it so your car doesnt lock. Guy i work with at dominoes had his car stolen cause he left it running while on a delivery.
What if we made auto locks a buyable feature? Like the "remoteless" key that's currently implemented? When you buy automatic locks you get the remote locks, and automatic locks when you exit the vehicle? Make it cheap, like $5000, though.

But yeah, I like the fact that you have to turn your engine off. It'll make my "/me turns engine off" bind a lot better :)

Offline Red Alexmander

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2013, 07:56:14 PM »
and make it so your car doesnt lock. Guy i work with at dominoes had his car stolen cause he left it running while on a delivery.
What if we made auto locks a buyable feature? Like the "remoteless" key that's currently implemented? When you buy automatic locks you get the remote locks, and automatic locks when you exit the vehicle? Make it cheap, like $5000, though.

But yeah, I like the fact that you have to turn your engine off. It'll make my "/me turns engine off" bind a lot better :)

I definitely like where this is going, but would the car stay unlocked if the engine was on? because technically the keys would be in the ignition. If it was like this, then minges would be able to steal cars extremely easily.
And also, when turning off you shouldn't have to wait, just tapping R would turn it off

Offline Red Alexmander

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2013, 08:46:33 AM »
Is this for sure happening in update 8? I think Karma said something about it earlier

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2013, 12:37:07 PM »
Yes he did Alexander :)

By tge way I agree with the start up time but think about RL it takes only a second or two to start upvand it should be in the game

SUGGESTION: maybe add a 5% chance that the vehicle won't start and you gota try again. Makes it more realistic.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2013, 12:02:05 PM »
Sorry for the wait.

Added this for update 9.

Locked and moved.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal