Author Topic: The New Physgun Aesthetics  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Hanus Erucson

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The New Physgun Aesthetics
« on: May 05, 2013, 01:47:52 PM »
Hi, this is a small suggestion. I just want you to add in the colorizing of the physgun. You could pay a small amount to a npc for it, maybe 5k or something in that direction. And also implement glowing object when you are holding it.

This would be a small implementation, but very awesome. Would make your character more of your own, more personalized.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The New Physgun Aesthetics
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 02:23:45 PM »
No downside to this really, perhaps another benefit for gold/vip maybe?
what

Offline Hanus Erucson

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 03:14:04 PM »
No downside to this really, perhaps another benefit for gold/vip maybe?
Right, that was a good idea. I didn't even think about that.

And maybe, if not choosing your own color. Maybe the Gold gets gold/yellow color, vip dark blue and regular gets regular blue.

Offline Mr. Manly Princess

• SWAG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 06:21:44 PM »
Maybe admin gets green, SA orange, owner red, and dev purple? would def be cool

Offline Hanus Erucson

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 08:23:13 AM »
Maybe admin gets green, SA orange, owner red, and dev purple? would def be cool
Yes, that would be awesome!

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 07:12:24 AM »
If someone could reference me a link with info on it I can see what can be done.

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 08:35:20 AM »
Plaws support.

Although I think I'd rather to be able to choose my own color. Dark purple is sexy as hell imo.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 08:53:57 AM »
If someone could reference me a link with info on it I can see what can be done.

http://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Player/SetWeaponColor

Either we can go with having colors based on rank, or you can rely it on the color the player purchases in the color picker store for models?
Or make another store identical, just for the physgun, and a new row in the sql. All code for that is pretty much already there, just for models.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 11:50:12 AM »

http://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Player/SetWeaponColor

Either we can go with having colors based on rank, or you can rely it on the color the player purchases in the color picker store for models?
Or make another store identical, just for the physgun, and a new row in the sql. All code for that is pretty much already there, just for models.
Best place to put the NPC for this would be at the Tides. Since the Color manager for your clothes is there aswell.

That is if it's what you guys decide to do.

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 12:30:46 PM »
I am completely against this. There is no benefit to it it and our developers have more important stuff to add/do then this. Maybe aomething like another said above for vip/gold/admin/SA/owners but to buy/ customize it isn't worth the time. The physgun is an OOC too, obviously you don't have a gun that can move stuff around so that is why the colors should have to do with gold/admins and whatnot.....not something to be bought with IC money.

Offline Hanus Erucson

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 01:04:17 PM »
I am completely against this. There is no benefit to it it and our developers have more important stuff to add/do then this. Maybe aomething like another said above for vip/gold/admin/SA/owners but to buy/ customize it isn't worth the time. The physgun is an OOC too, obviously you don't have a gun that can move stuff around so that is why the colors should have to do with gold/admins and whatnot.....not something to be bought with IC money.
Colorizing of physgun is already implemented into regular Garry's Mod. So I do think you could say this is already implemented, just not enabled! So I don't think it would take that much time, even I could do this. And I'm not that experienced with Lua.
  And I think this would give more nice aesthetics than it is work!

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 03:46:26 PM »
I'm just going to implement rank-based colors.

Closed

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 04:24:14 PM »
Somebody forgot to move it :p

Its done in one of the ways we said so, accepted.
what

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal