Author Topic: Thinking of selling TWO GTX 660's  (Read 6223 times)

Offline Stevob21

Thinking of selling TWO GTX 660's
« on: December 19, 2013, 09:25:35 AM »
Hey everyone, as people mostly know me for my ridiculous new addiction to constantly upgrading my PC, I feel it's time to replace my two GTX 660's with TWO GTX 770's in time for Star Citizen.

The only difference this time is that I plan to sell my GTX 660's, they are in mint condition and used for less than a year. As I am an enthusiast I clean my computer up to 4 times a month (Don't worry, it's only usually once a month, I aint that much of a freak!)

So, I want to see if anyone is looking for any graphics cards, I'm willing to sell these for £100 a pop, shipping will be depend on where you live. anything outside of Scotland will require more expensive shipping.

If anyone is interested, I'll consider selling them around January/Feburary depending on if I get enough money for atleast a single GTX 770 by that point.

Terrible portrait image below, phone is playing up.

I'll get a few more shots later with my DSLR.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 09:29:50 AM by Stevob21 »

Offline billybob41

• Please excuse my autism. I can't help it
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Thinking of selling TWO GTX 660's
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 09:44:58 AM »
No disrespect intended at all:

Why would you buy used graphics cards?

There is no true way to tell how much wear and tear they have on them or how long they will last without owning the registration info...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 09:46:43 AM by Billybob41 0xy - MoRoN »

Offline Stevob21

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 10:00:37 AM »
It's been done many times before on here, there is no true way to tell the wear on a graphics card.

If there were a way to show the wear on the card, I would show it here.

Plus the fact, £100 for a Working & Used state is pretty decent, the only cheaper you will get is a refurbished or faulty card.

Offline ReillyP

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 11:18:39 AM »
Why no get a better single card.
I slay demon and demonic accessories.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 02:39:56 PM »
Try eBay. Just sold two broken 6950s for 80$ each.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Stevob21

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 05:58:18 PM »
Why no get a better single card.

I don't know of any single card that can beat a 2-Way GTX 770 SLI setup. also, for the price it is unbeatable. (also spreads load over two cards, making them last longer and reduces wear)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 06:16:21 PM »
Baw if I didn't just buy the 560 from Deth then I'd prolly get these lol.

Nothing wrong with buying used product as long as its marked down.

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 10:05:36 PM »
I'm interested. Hit me up on Steam, we can discuss it further.

Now what's £100 in CAD?

[Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 06:42:16 AM by Comrade Strelnikov »
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 01:11:51 AM »
Why not get two gtx 780 ti's instead? Looked up the specs and some of them beat the Titan...
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 05:57:13 AM »
Why not get two gtx 780 ti's instead? Looked up the specs and some of them beat the Titan...

you realise how expensive the 780 ti is right, never mind buying two of them lol not to mention you'd need a monster rig just to handle it without bottlenecking it and a very good PSU

Offline Stevob21

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 10:13:04 AM »

you realise how expensive the 780 ti is right, never mind buying two of them lol not to mention you'd need a monster rig just to handle it without bottlenecking it and a very good PSU

Lol, I knew someone would come up with the idea of buying two 780 TI's!

If I had the money to build a crazy ass rig with a 4930K, 32GB of ram and a massive PSU, i'd go that route!

Sadly, I don't have that money and my current FX8350 would bottleneck the shitter out of these cards, I might actually need to buy a new motherboard as it is almost maxed out with my current GTX 660s with the PCI-E 2.0 bandwidth and the 660's are built to be run on PCI-E 3.0

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 10:38:53 AM »

Lol, I knew someone would come up with the idea of buying two 780 TI's!

If I had the money to build a crazy ass rig with a 4930K, 32GB of ram and a massive PSU, i'd go that route!

Sadly, I don't have that money and my current FX8350 would bottleneck the shitter out of these cards, I might actually need to buy a new motherboard as it is almost maxed out with my current GTX 660s with the PCI-E 2.0 bandwidth and the 660's are built to be run on PCI-E 3.0

if you are upgrading to the 770's then you will definitely need a new motherboard

Offline ReillyP

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2013, 10:55:23 AM »
Sli is pointless until you get to top tier.  There is always a better single card for the same price. Sli does not scale super well and some games today can not even use the 2 cards. You will also get microjitter and all around unless you have titans or 780 ti's sli is pointless.
I slay demon and demonic accessories.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2013, 12:05:15 PM »
Sli is pointless until you get to top tier.  There is always a better single card for the same price. Sli does not scale super well and some games today can not even use the 2 cards. You will also get microjitter and all around unless you have titans or 780 ti's sli is pointless.

yeah i will agree with the fact you should get a single card over dual cards unless you get to the high-end GPUs, i know for a fact Rome 2 Total War came out this year and doesnt work properly with SLI or Crossfire and there are plenty of other games that are still iffy with multi-GPU support

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2013, 02:52:47 PM »
i'd personally rather have two cards. that way if one breaks you're not completely screwed, not to mention they'll last longer because of not being as loaded
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal