Author Topic: hl2rp Proposed Changes (word document DL link)  (Read 6104 times)

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: hl2rp Proposed Changes (word document DL link)
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 09:44:12 PM »
I'm just going to be clear;

I rather be:
Pissed on,
Exiled,
shot to death,

Than see 200 new devisions added to the CWU. Adding these new ones will just make my life harder

If you find yourself overwhelmed, you're always free to step down... I mean, Monkey's a decent leader, and there are a few others currently in the CWU who would probably love to be given a chance to prove themselves.

It was never my idea to add branches to the CWU for the main fact the community does not have a civil/big enough player base to actually have people in them.

I know there aren't many people in the CWU at the moment. The additions would provide room for the CWU to expand, and also hopefully increase the CWU's appeal to the playerbase. At the moment, the CWU is not as popular as it could be, and the additions and features may encourage more players to join.

and the uselessness of the CWU to be high.

The additions are planned to increase the CWU's usefulness, applications, and functionality.

As for the corporate system i find it a bigger joke,  the CWU is not a corporation, and thats similar to the system ice had that was dumb.  The tier system stays,  i see no issue with it.

I don't think this is that similar to Ice's system. And as much as you all hated Ice, to be fair, you never gave the system a chance in game. For all we know, it might've worked smoothly. As for the tier system, it will be preserved to some degree in the Worker Benefit Scheme.

But what about the CCA? I see not many changes for it... Do you find it "Perfect" or do you really want us to be like TnB?

I did not focus on CCA-related changes, because the CCA is a mess in-and-of itself. Furthermore, many administrators and players are already working tirelessly to improve the CCA. Few or none are focused on the Citizen side of the server. I want to improve gameplay where the vast majority of the playerbase lies, and where there is comparatively little progress or gameplay dev attention.

do you really want us to be like TnB?

How trite- insinuating that I want to turn CG into TnB. In fact, I've never even played at TnB. My ideas are original, and that's the truth. By the way, I see your clever little tactic, you've used it before- by associating a suggestion with the dreaded TnB, you hope to turn general opinion hostile towards me and my ideas. Hopefully the people here are too smart to be taken in by that ploy, maybe they'll allow these changes a chance.

The rebel factions i see as a funny joke,  probably the biggest out of the post.

Nah bro I'm serious

I dont think we should have official groups because all it will cause is more hype and all the new people who want to do some easy rp to join them.

I think hype is a good thing, it keeps the server from getting too stale (which has sometimes been a problem in the past). Hype means that people are excited about something, and that excitement is one of the reasons why people come back to a server and continue to play at it. And don't worry about the new people flocking to join the faction, I assure you that there will be a rigorous OOC and IC application process.

Hell red union is bad enough alone in the city, now they will have competition?

Yes, although it's not necessarily competition in the hostile sense (although knowing Red Union, there's a good chance it will be). And competition isn't always a negative thing, it creates deeper roleplay by adding feeling of tension and espirit de corps both OOCly and ICly. If the competition gets out of hand, the leaders of both factions will be sensible enough to take a step back and work things out behind the scenes.

The only thing i agree on is the Vort applications, which authorizations pretty much handles well enough.

Yes, I feel that it's important to begin fully integrating Vortigaunt characters into day-to-day RP. However, to ensure that the most talented players are in control of the characters, a more specialized and specific application system must be implemented.

As for the rest i think its compost heap.

Sorry, but that definitely crosses the "constructive criticism" line. I'm glad you have your own opinion, but Adam- you really need to learn how to express it in a more tactful manner. Warning added for flaming.

To the rest of you: I'm pretty excited about the opportunity to make these updates, and I think that hl2rp will be much improved after they've all been completed. I just ask for you guys to bear with me and other administrators as the changes are implemented, tweaked, and streamlined. Remember that change is not always a bad thing, and as members of a roleplaying community, we are obligated to have open minds when making an effort to improve our game.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 10:19:34 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 10:27:47 PM »
If you find yourself overwhelmed, you're always free to step down... I mean, Monkey's a decent leader, and there are a few others currently in the CWU who would probably love to be given a chance to prove themselves.
I dont find myself overwhelmed like the CCA, i can manage the CWU, oh and a news flash: ive been helping monkey,  most of the stuff done has been my help or some old ideas.  And here we go again,  i can sadly say theres only 3-4 active CWU workers other than me.  The issue is explained in a few quotes.

I know there aren't many people in the CWU currently. The additions would provide room for the CWU to expand, and also hopefully increase the CWU's appeal to the playerbase. At the moment, the CWU is not as popular as it could be, and the additions and features may encourage more players to join.
My complaint is how we dont even get more than 25 players on a day,  You cant add 200 extra divisions and expect success when the playerbase is not big enough to handle it.  Ive wanted to impliment a new Division for advanced sanitation, specifically that.  And then go back and cap the max amount of people that can join Business.  And The issues about the popularity will be explain also in a few quotes.

The additions are planned to increase the CWU's usefulness, applications, and functionality.
Like i said, if we cant have a playerbase to support it, it will make it useless and a burden.  Applications are fine. and Functionality is being reworked, it just takes time.  Like RTLK i got stuff i got to do first but i always make a hour to do some CWU stuff a day.

I don't think this is that similar to Ice's system. And as much as you all hated Ice, to be fair, you never gave the system a chance in game. For all we know, it might've worked smoothly. As for the tier system, it will be preserved to some degree in the Worker Benefit Scheme.
Too be honest it wouldnt have, treating a faction as a corporation would never work,  i dont think thats the point of the CWU.

I did not focus on CCA-related changes, because the CCA is a mess in-and-of itself. Furthermore, many administrators and players are already working tirelessly to improve the CCA. Few or none are focused on the Citizen side of the server. I want to improve gameplay where the vast majority of the playerbase lies, and where there is comparatively little progress or gameplay dev attention.
@The First Bold
I know they are trying, but as i see it as a citizen, its getting worse.  I just wish it was like it was when we had razor and all that goodie stuff.

@The Second concerning citizens
This is my goal also, but the issue will be posted in a few quotes.

Yes, although it's not necessarily competition in the hostile sense (although knowing Red Union, there's a good chance it will be). And competition isn't always a negative thing, it creates deeper roleplay by adding feeling of tension and espirit de corps both OOCly and ICly. If the competition gets out of hand, the leaders of both factions will be sensible enough to take a step back and work things out behind the scenes.
We have enough people wanting to be rebels or Knifing or jumping on units with objects in the plaza on a daily basis.  And im not kidding, its all ive seen recently.  I dont get how you can knife a unit in the middle of the plaza.  Thats why i dont like the idea of official factions.

Yes, I feel that it's important to begin fully integrating Vortigaunt characters into day-to-day RP. However, to ensure that the most talented players are in control of the characters, a more specialized and specific application system must be implemented.
We can agree on something :P  But what about headcrabs? I mean a old community i worked with tried it, it worked well.

Sorry, but that definitely crosses the "constructive criticism" line. I'm glad you have your own opinion, but Adam- you really need to learn how to express it in a more tactful manner. Warning added for flaming.
Thanks.

Now
My main issue about HL2RP lies to the very basis of Half-Life2.  Its a person who goes around killing combine and saves the day.  The new age of Gmod players only want to kill in RP,  passive RP is becoming a rare thing, i hate to see it but its the truth.  As for HL2RP the same affect is happening and its what caused many failures of the CWU way back.   All people do is go rebel or use the CWU as a way to join the CCA.   And then i get blamed.   I sadly dont see how we can solve the issues revolving around the new age of players when really thats what they played HL2 for and think thats what HL2RP is for.

I know it sounds abit crazy :(

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 10:44:12 PM »
Update:

The last time Waffle spoke to me about this, he was still opposed to the concept of an official resistance. He also said that even if there was an official CG resistance, there would definitely not be forum applications. I sent him a PM asking him for approval if the members were handpicked, but I have not yet received a response.

Next highest priority for me is the new Vortigaunt application system, although I have yet to speak to RTLK about the required coding for the site (the process should be similar to the CCA and Authorization applications). I also plan to re-ask permission to redo the City Administrator applications, because I feel vast improvements could be made to the current format.

As for the CWU / Loyalist updates, it's largely up to the current faction leadership to implement them. I have no desire to intrude into Monkey and Adam's spheres of control, but if the rest of the updates go smoothly, I may wish to temporarily take the reigns to ensure that the related changes are made as quickly and painlessly as possible.

I realize my activity has dropped over the course of the past week, and it's due to a large overdose of real life. I have grades to improve, I'm helping with a friend's senior project for high school, and I've been spending more time hanging out with friends. I've also joined the school swim team, which means regular practices, meets on the weekends, and a lot of overall fatigue. Oh, and scholarship applications are waiting to be completed.
I'll try to stay as active as possible here, but because of the time consumed by my other activities, you won't be seeing me on the server very often.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:51:05 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline Adam S

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 05:08:49 PM »
You have still not showed me how adding over 10 new devisions into the CWU on a small community will benefit.  As for citizen help center that will be worked on when im back from my break.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2011, 08:55:48 PM »
You have still not showed me how adding over 10 new devisions into the CWU on a small community will benefit.  As for citizen help center that will be worked on when im back from my break.

Then feel free to drop the "new branches" thingy, but I still hope to see the civvie help center and a lot more job-giving to citizens. I'm not sure if you agree with this, but I think the CWU should encourage and catalyze citizen roleplay by telling/asking them to do things around the city and making it rewarding in the end. Of course, the method by which you accomplish that is up to you and Monkey.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 08:57:19 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline Adam S

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2011, 09:01:57 PM »

Then feel free to drop the "new branches" thingy, but I still hope to see the civvie help center and a lot more job-giving to citizens. I'm not sure if you agree with this, but I think the CWU should encourage and catalyze citizen roleplay by telling/asking them to do things around the city and making it rewarding in the end. Of course, the method by which you accomplish that is up to you and Monkey.
Basically my intentions,  i want to get all this medical and business shit lowered down.(No offence to my Commanders but its just all about I WANT BUSSINUESS OR MEDICAL.  The CWU is not all about that.  We will be introducing one branch if monkey agrees that has no Commander and will be the Main face of the CWU.  They have the soul task of Cleaning, managing the help center(Helping find jobs, posting stuff, manning the front desk).  And the higher you go in that division the more you can do.  This is a rough draft, just like my future intentions with MC2, a rough draft. 

Also if no one got the picture Medical and Business will be capped soon so this

New Division = 60% of the Tier2/1's
Medical = 20%
Business = 20%

And only the ones who are active can get into the lesser groups.   The new division will be the new face of the CWU. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal