Author Topic: Business permits  (Read 1438 times)

Offline TheTemplar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Business permits
« on: May 08, 2013, 12:58:58 PM »
I think that anyone who is trying to sell (legally) should have to buy a selling permit from the bank. Maybe it can come with the purchasing of a shop. Also have one for people to sell off the street. I see a lot of people just plot themselves on the side of a road or outside the shops pop out a display table and start selling. I don't think that's realistic at all. All states have legislation that requires businesses to have one or more licenses or permits for their good for example people need a resale permit to sell theirs goods and if their selling weapons they need a weapons permit to sell. Plus if there are able to set up shop on the side of the road they must keep in mind fire hazards/ emergency accessibility.

People selling grown food typically don't need permits to sell.

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Business permits
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 01:02:23 PM »
The mayor should be able go give such permits but by default there shouldn't be a law requiring them. Just adds more stuff for people to do while setting up a shop and it would simply annoy them. Plus it isn't really needed. People never set up shops in really bad places and if they are doing it in he middle of the street or something kindly ask an administrator to do something about it.

-support

Offline TheTemplar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 01:17:59 PM »
I think it is needed. This is RP and trying to make it realistic for all aspects. A person can't just set up shop wherever they want. And to sell weapons anywhere legally requires a license to sell them. Like I said it wouldn't be overly expensive and it would boost the economy plus it wouldn't be something they have to worry about if it comes with the store property they buy. If they want to sell not in a property they obviously need a permit.

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 11:23:43 AM »
It's not real life.

And, again, it would only frustrate people. It is a neat idea but I see no good reason to add it. Economy can do fine with a good force and mayor. And if they get a permit there has to be a way to revoke it, so how will that happen.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 11:36:04 AM »
If the mayor wishes to give permits, then they can do so. It can easily be RP'd.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 10:22:33 PM by wakeboarderCWB »

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 10:21:52 PM »
If the mayor wishes to give permits, then they can do so. It's can easily be RP'd.

This.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal