Author Topic: New Graphics Card  (Read 5795 times)

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New Graphics Card
« on: August 07, 2013, 08:35:32 AM »
I am replacing my current ATI Radeon 5450 with a Nvidia GeForce gtx 650 ti.  :D

Once it arrives, I should be able to play games on high settings and a lot smoother. This card was recommended to me a lot, so I decided to get it. It was $130, but it looks like a great card for the price, and AMD had more expensive cards that looked like a piece of shit. So, i'm happy. It came with a free 16GB flash drive as a bonus.

To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New Graphics Card
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 11:00:12 AM »
You're positive that your other hardware can support the card, yes?
Live free or die

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 12:14:23 PM »
You're positive that your other hardware can support the card, yes?

Yup, I read about it and made sure.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 02:41:16 PM »
Its not that power heavy of a card. Its definitely a step from the 5450. Its a bit more powerful then a 5770 (my card) and that thing does a number on games. As long as you have a half decent proc to keep up with the calculations you should be set for a few years.

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 02:57:16 PM »
I have a AMD Phenom II X6 1035T Processor. From what i've researched, it should be able to run the graphics card.

Its not that power heavy of a card. Its definitely a step from the 5450. Its a bit more powerful then a 5770 (my card) and that thing does a number on games. As long as you have a half decent proc to keep up with the calculations you should be set for a few years.

So the 650 TI should be able to run most games on high with no problem? 

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 06:42:02 PM »
I have a AMD Phenom II X6 1035T Processor. From what i've researched, it should be able to run the graphics card.

Might have a little lag here and there.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 07:32:25 PM »

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121724

say goodbye to bad fps
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 09:50:18 PM »

say goodbye to bad fps

say goodbye to your bank account and hello to bottlenecks
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 09:51:58 PM »

say goodbye to bad fps

If only I could afford $999.99.

By a little lag here and there, do you mean it will be so little you hardly notice, or will it be like huge lag spikes? You said you have a card similar to mine, how does it run games for you?

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 09:57:45 PM »
650 is a really decent graphics card. And for the Titan...that's not the smartest buy as you can get a GTX 780, and get virtually the same performance. Titan is obviously better...but until the Titan gets a price drop it's best to stick with the 780. Oh and as for running most games on high? Probably most, but you'll experience lag her and there.
ok

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 10:01:40 PM »
650 is a really decent graphics card. And for the Titan...that's not the smartest buy as you can get a GTX 780, and get virtually the same performance. Titan is obviously better...but until the Titan gets a price drop it's best to stick with the 780. Oh and as for running most games on high? Probably most, but you'll experience lag her and there.

Will this lag I will experience here and there be bad lag, or just a little bit of lag that you can deal with and still play the game?

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 10:04:33 PM »

Once it arrives, I should be able to play games on high settings and a lot smoother. This card was recommended to me a lot, so I decided to get it. It was $130, but it looks like a great card for the price, and AMD had more expensive cards that looked like a piece of shit. So, i'm happy. It came with a free 16GB flash drive as a bonus.

No, it would be minor lag. Unless of course you're playing games like Crysis or Metro. All in all, the performance you're getting is great for the price.
ok

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 10:14:54 PM »

No, it would be minor lag. Unless of course you're playing games like Crysis or Metro. All in all, the performance you're getting is great for the price.

Awesome, one last question, I really want to play GTA IV with the LCPDFR mod, currently I can only play it with lowest settings and I still have issues, according to http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=77&game=Grand+Theft+Auto+IV&p_make=AMD&p_deriv=Phenom+II+X6+1035T&gc_make=Nvidia&gc_deriv=GeForce+GTX+650+Ti&ram=6&screenRes_width_FPS=1280&screenRes_height_FPS=1024&checkSubmit=#systemRequirements, it says I should be able to run it on high with my new card, which I know since GTA IV is poorly optimized for the pc, I will still have issues running on high. I want to know if I can run it on medium or low and be able to play it without horrible lag.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 12:16:33 AM »
GTAIV is CPU dependant. Stupid console ports. However the graphics card is also necessary to be up to par. My 5770 can run it 30+ fps with no mods but I also have a FX8150 proc to back me up.

By a little lag I mean I get 20 fps in huge firefights in planetside 2 on very high.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2013, 12:17:08 AM »

Awesome, one last question, I really want to play GTA IV with the LCPDFR mod, currently I can only play it with lowest settings and I still have issues, according to http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=77&game=Grand+Theft+Auto+IV&p_make=AMD&p_deriv=Phenom+II+X6+1035T&gc_make=Nvidia&gc_deriv=GeForce+GTX+650+Ti&ram=6&screenRes_width_FPS=1280&screenRes_height_FPS=1024&checkSubmit=#systemRequirements, it says I should be able to run it on high with my new card, which I know since GTA IV is poorly optimized for the pc, I will still have issues running on high. I want to know if I can run it on medium or low and be able to play it without horrible lag.

My current computer (Will be making a new one soon) has the NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 and I get great FPS. In fact, I have this custom mod called http://icelaglace.com/ which basically enhances everything. If you want to just play GTA IV then get that and save the money lol.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal