Author Topic: Thomas Peterson's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Thomas Peterson's Civil Authority Application
« on: December 04, 2011, 06:25:24 PM »
Thomas Peterson's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Rictalspace

IC Character Name: Thomas Peterson

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
My character has been a perfectionist since he was a teenager. He believes that for something to be done right, it must be done perfectly. This is what got him through his school years well, and allowed him to have a healthy life as he became much more involved in sports. He would often strive for first every time as he aimed for perfection throughout his school life. His grades saw high marks every time as he revised night and day to become the best he could be. This reflects his city life as he aims to be perfect in all his actions, to impress those who guide him and watch him.

This increase in sports lead Thomas to become more confident in his doings, which helping him in his adult life. In his city life, he attempted to make everything perfect to impress the Civil Protection. For example, he would clear out his apartment to make sure every spec was clean to ensure that his superiors were impressed with him. This is what led Thomas to envy the men and women working for Civil Protection, and in turn which led him to want to join them. He would watch them as they would hand out loyalist points to those who deserved them, and the confidence they had in carrying out their duties.

Since attempting to get the required loyalist points, Thomas has wanted to join the ranks of the CCA. From the actions he noticed they do, the patrolling, the clamping, the ration distribution, they all inspired Thomas to do better. From this he was certain that he was going to try and get into the CCA. He believed that they are there for the better good, and Thomas believes that he has what it takes to join the CCA and prove himself to his superiors with his constant strive for perfection.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Trustworthy, hard-working, motivated, strives for perfection, intelligent.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
For me, I expect the CCA to be a challenge for me at first as I gather all the knowledge I can to try and understand everything about the CCA and its actions. This will be difficult as there is a lot to learn whilst being a recruit as you carry out your superiors orders. However, I do believe the roleplaying side of this will be fun and interesting as it is a newer way of roleplaying for me on Catalyst-gaming. I have the roleplaying skills to carry out roleplay well, but I will need to learn the knowledge that is specific to CG's HL2RP. So the knowledge side of the CCA will be difficult at first as I start out at recruit, but as I hopefully move up the ranks I will further understand my position in the CCA and how I can carry out my day to day actions. However, the roleplay side of the CCA will be easy as long as I am able to understand the knowledge of the CCA to accompany the roleplay I carry out as a unit.

My character will find the CCA much alike how I will find learning the specific rules of CG's CCA. Thomas will find it difficult to learn the new ways his life will need to adapt to. Change is hard to adapt to when it happens quickly, but Thomas will soon understand how to be a unit for the CCA in time. He will find it difficult to become a recruit as he will have to learn many codes and procedures to carry out in his day to day actions. Slowly as he begins to climb the ranks, his training will start to settle in and he will understand what it is to be a unit of the CCA. It will become easier for him to understand what to do each day as he learns and trains more. The actions he takes will push his limits as he tries to be the best unit he can be and strive for perfection.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Early Life:
Thomas was a fufilling student, always aiming for perfection in his lower years. He attempted to strive for the highest marks he could achieve. He could see himself in the future as a large part of his country. Growing up in a deprived area of England, he felt that he could make a difference to the area he lived in. He wanted to be a part of the Government and to help those who needed it. His constant strive for perfection led to him helping around his home a lot. His parents, without jobs, were desperately trying to help Thomas in anyway they could as to not let him fall down into the life that they were currently living. Thomas felt like he could make a difference to his home and his deprived town. People were scavenging for food anywhere they could, some even resorted to stealing. Although Thomas was only in his early years, and still going to school, he would help in any way that he could by working at a nearby shop to earn them the slightest bit of money. Thomas' efforts put enough food on the table to survive. This led on for several years, to when Thomas entered Secondary school.

Although he was earning money, soon it would not be enough as his parents had another child. Thomas now had a little sister to look after, which made it even harder for him. Thankfully his father found a job in a factory as a worker, which he used alongside Thomas' small job to put better food on the table. This left his mother to look after his new baby sister, who he was not overly fond of. Several years would pass where we wondered where they could've been if his sister had not been born, was she holding them back money-wise?

Adult-Life:
Thomas continued working to get as much money for his family in as possible, until he finished his secondary school life. Continually striving for perfection, Thomas had built up a powerful concentration state where he would be able to concentrate on a subject for long periods of time without distraction. He had left sixth form with three A's and a B. His next goal was to get into university, but his family life kept him back as he had to supply them with food. He soon got a higher job working in an estate agents which gave his family a livable salary. Although his adult life was short lived as it was not long until portal storms began to strike in 2004 near his household. His family was in danger from attack by ferocious creatures which would kill anyone on sight. As time passed on, he could not protect his family enough. They were soon evacuated into the heart of London where barricade walls were set up several years later to protect people. And soon enough, Thomas and his family were back to square one, a slowly growing poverty stricken area which too little food to live on. Protection was limited as his family came under threat several times.

City-Life:
It wasn't long before the seven hour war took place, Thomas was in the middle of London during the event. Hiding out in apartments as he attempted to look for food and work, he quickly lost his family in the heat of the battle. He and a few others escaped london through the long maze of sewers which led out of the city. As he was seperated from his family, Thomas was forced out of the city for his own safety. He was holed up in a house in the countryside with several others from the apartment building he previously left. He was stuck out in the misty countryside, again scavenging for food. Thomas didn't know if he were to die in this building or to live on, but he kept his faith in the latter choice.

It was one misty afternoon, that a helicopter noise went overhead. A member of Thomas' group ran outside yelling for help, until he released it wasn't a normal helicopter. Thomas attempted to run down and pull the man back in, but tripped on his way down the stairs, hitting his head on the base of the stairs and losing conciousness. When he awoke, he was on a train on his way to City 45. This new world that was layed out before him was unknown to Thomas. He was unsure of what to do, so he adapted to his new life. Until he noticed the Civil Protection, the authority they had over others. Thomas had his mind set on what he wanted to accomplish, and so set his goal on becoming a Civil Protection unit.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No, I have not had a CCA on CG before.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
In general I have been playing on Roleplay for a good few years when I used to play Dark RP.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Serious being gamemodes like HL2RP, then around two years exactly when OA came out and was known as 'Prototype'. I was roleplaying seriously a few months before that too before the run up to the Prototype release.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
I have played on CG since late August and have been active ever since.

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT (London time.)

5. In what country do you live?
England

6. How old are you?

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?
The most memorable RP experience I have had is back in my old community when Prototype was first released. As we reached Blueprint version, I ran the server and was the Sectoral Commander for the city, which in many cases I planned events for citizens and CCA.
The best event was when we planned a large scale attack on the city when the power to the Nexus was lost partially, causing thumpers outside the city to fail. This caused antlions to move into the city as we had a population of 50 as Resistance groups banded together to attack the CCA during this time of crisis. I was part of a resistance group to take the plaza, which succeeded at first until we were pushed back out of the city by OW. Throughout that time we Pain RP'ed, Fear RP'ed and generally roleplayed throughout. The event lasted for hours which made it the most memorable event I have been in. Sniping Hazard (Who was in this community) will remember his event himself.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes, I can listen to whatever I am told.

IC Section

Full Name: Thomas Peterson
CID: 97988
Height: 5 Foot 9 Inches
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 140 pounds.
Mental Distinctions: Well concentrated, very well co-ordinated, able to think things out differently to others.
Mental Defects: Very rare rushing under pressure.
Mental Advantages: Quick to think, strives for perfection, very well concentrated.
Notable Qualities: Well thought out, can concentrate on a given task for longer than most.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No, I have not.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes, I eat them whenever they are handed out.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes, I am.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
All actions I undertake are my responsibility and mine alone.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
I shall.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I wish to join the CCA as I believe that I have what it takes to join them. All my life I have strived for perfection, even in recent months. I have kept everything in pristine condition so that I may impress the Civil Protection in any way I can. In the lead up to my collection of Loyalist Points, I felt that doing what the CCA do is what my life was made for. The actions that they undertake each day is what I wish to be a part of because I believe that I have what it takes to make a difference to this city. I believe that my actions will be able to make the city a better place.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Thomas Peterson hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Thomas Peterson's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 07:56:25 AM »
UNIT: 522
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: Divisional Leader
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...