Author Topic: Katherine Forte's Authorization Application  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Katherine Forte's Authorization Application
« on: June 13, 2012, 04:39:23 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: [Kai Daniels]
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Since Garry's Mod 9 RP was popular
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: About nine months (9m)

Character Section

Authorization(s):
-Hand to hand combat knowledge - More than basic

Name: Katherine Forte
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
The fourteen year old girl walked down the street, quiet as always.
"Hey! Katie! Hold on!" a voice called from behind. The boy ran up next to her as she walked away from the school building. It was Caleb Hansen, who'd been into her for a good three months. She wasn't interested, and continued walking, her eyes set on the sidewalk.
"Test was easy, wasn't it? Finished in like two minutes after..." Hansen said, his voice trailed off as she continued walking, him barely able to keep up.
"Honestly, Katie.. You're an amazing person, but why are you so damn unsocial.." he asked loudly. Forte looked at him angrily for a second before responding.
"Because every time I talk or do anything with anyone something bad always happe-" she got out before she heard loud laughter trailing from behind. The two students turned to see the three boys from their school, coming up from behind with their bicycles, wearing baseball caps, one with a beanie, and their backpacks over one arm as they stood on their pedals. Instantly they slowed down, coming up next to the two on the small road.
"Hey, it's Kate and her wanna-be boyfriend." the leading boy yelled out, the others laughing slightly. Quickly, the first one got in front of them, dropping his battered bike to the ground, standing in Forte's way. The second two blocked them from behind and the side, the railing of the side-walk blocking the pair's right side.
"Too bad he was being an idiot today. Ya' also didn't stick around to deal with it. Y'know that, don't ya' Caleb?" The first boy said, Caleb getting angry quickly.
"Alright Ian, get over here and say it to my face, bitch." Caleb yelled out, realizing it sounded kind of immature. Forte stood there, eyes slowly going up as Ian stepped in front of her.
"Speaking of bitches; this is what SHE gets for even stayin' with a dumb-ass like you."
Katherine's eyes quickly widened as the boy's left fist flew towards her face.

It was the basement of her house. It was filled with papers and other things related to the Black County Police Department. Her father. Sgt. Douglass Forte, was the best officer in the state. He had put an end to nearly all the crime in the city.
"Alright, I know I've told you before, but the trick to getting out of a fight is to get them in a position where they can't get to you. If you have to bring'em to the ground and incapacitate them, do be it. Just make sure THEY'RE attackin' you, and not the other way around. Anyway, ya' gotta use their momentum against you. If they try and slap ya', use their force to your advantage." he explained as she stood in the same incontinent posture as always. They had been fighting these mini-fights for a really long time. It was nearing her fourteenth birthday, so he assumed he should try and drill the techniques and knowledge into her brain some more. Her father threw a weak slap towards her. She quickly tried to grab his right wrist with her left hand. She twisted the arm, the officer spinning back, the arm twisted against his spine. She then used her left hand to grab him by the shoulder and pull him down. He fell to the ground smiling.
"Very well, now, let's keep practicing." he said as she helped her father up, still quiet.

Katherine's eyes quickly widened as the boy's left fist flew towards her face. Quickly she brought her right hand up, trying to grab the boy's wrist. She got it. She quickly send her left fist towards Ian's face. There was thud her fist connected with his right cheek. Dazed, his wrist still restrained, the boy staggered a bit. Katherine sent her left fist towards the boy's face, hitting him in the right eye. He feel as she quickly let go of the boy's wrist. She quickly ran up to Caleb he was being held by one boy and beaten by the other. She ran up behind the boy that was punching Hansen. Quickly she wrapped her arm around his neck and started beating the side of his head with her wrist until she felt less resistance, dropping the unconscious body of Jake Dalivar. The boy pulled Caleb of the railing, sending him rolling down the small hill from the sidewalk. Suddenly he saw her and charged at her with his arm out. Swiftly, she stepped aside and tried to grab his head. As soon as she made contact with the boy, she pulled straight down. He fell into the road, his torso still on the sidewalk. She send her dark brown boot into his nose.

Struggling, Caleb finally climbed over. There he was, standing alone with three knocked out, wounded boys, their bicycles laying around on the sidewalk.
"Holy shit..." he said staring at all of it as he turned to his right, seeing Katherine Forte walk down the sidewalk as she was before.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-Defense without having to be armed
-A chance against someone trying to attack her that has some hand to hand training (some = little)

Defects
-Does not offer a long range attack
-May not beat someone with higher training
-If injured, it may affect proficiency

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to use this authorization to properly role-play my character "Katherine Forte" as a shy and quiet young citizen of City 45. This authorization not only provides knowledge for a fighting technique, but also a back story about her life before current IC incidents and how involved she was with her father, who was amputated due to being law enforcement.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
Sorry if there are problems with the auth app, I've had some problems saving it.

EDIT: Fixed some typos.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 02:13:55 PM by [Kai Daniels] »
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Katherine Forte's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 01:37:02 AM »
I'll give my support on the grounds that the character doesn't develop into an expert martial artist that can take everyone down who crosses their path (which I'm positive won't happen anyway).

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 04:43:21 PM »
Looks good as long as you keep undernourishment and weak muscles/bones in mind. Don't be taking down any 6'4 300 lb males anytime soon. +Support

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 05:18:29 PM »
Backstory sounds good, and it proves that you do have a good knowledge for RP.
I would +Accept this, but keep in mind that there is a limit of what you would be able to do. I don't want to see powergaming going to happen, or to much OP stuff etc.

So as Statua said, you are granted stronger then average hand to hand combat skills, but you can't just defeat anyone you want.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal