Author Topic: Hailey Royal's Authorization Application  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hailey Royal's Authorization Application
« on: April 16, 2012, 09:42:47 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Sheriff Sandy Cheeks
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): ~4 1/2 years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: ~2 years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
*Former Resistance Leader from City 39; Currently fleeing from City 39 OTA.

*Knife

*Possible weapons? (Event material.)

-Note, this would be a character for a possible event suggestion. http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=13759.0

Name: Hailey Royal
Affiliation: Rebellion

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Not much is known about Hailey Royal's life as a young child. All that is known is that, prior to the Portal Storms and Seven Hour War, Hailey lived somewhere in Northern Spain with her family. When the Portal Storms began, she and her family moved to Madrid, living there until the eventual Seven Hour War. The only members of her family to survive the fighting were her mother and younger brother, Alex. While she was sent off to City 18, her brother and mother were sent off to City 39, unknown to her at the current time. With her loved ones were rather dead or seperated from her, Hailey began to develop a hatred for the Combine.

Not long after her time in the city, Hailey met one of the future Resistance leaders in City 39, Hale Netson. They instantly made a connection. After many talks about doing something to rebel against the CCA and the UU, they finally made their move. Hailey and Hale both participated in the stabbing of an officer and an attempted assault on another. During the second assault, Hailey took a bullet to the shoulder. With Hailey's injury and a city full of units after them, they finally managed to make it to the Outlands with extreme luck and careful hiding. There, Hale patched up Hailey with the help of Resistance medics. By this time, Hale informed Hailey that he'd had some friends do some research on where her family was taken, and they found success. "They're in City 39." He said to her. And there they went, tracking across the terrain. Oddly, they encounterd very few obstacles on their way to City 39, and they eventually made it there after an unknown amount of days.

Hailey and Hale managed to sneak into the city through the extensive underground network. They entered the vast tunnel system at a small dam outside the city, and surfaced in one of the outer districts. They soon travelled to District 10 and met up with Hailey's brother. Her mother died of an illness a few months prior, but Hailey was at least happy to see one survivng member of her family. With District 10 being one of the dense outer districts, the two were almost instantly connected with Resistance activity. Marc Davidson had already arrived a few weeks back, and was already beginning to set things into motion. Hailey and Hale began to wedge their way higher and higher into the chain of command through intimidation, bribes, threats, and many other methods. Eventually, both Hailey and Hale were assigned positions as secondary leaders for the Resistance. When plans were being made the days before the uprising, Hailey was assigned leadership of the assault on Districts 6 and 7, as well as co-leadership of the underground assault. Hale was assigned leadership of the assault on Districts 3, 4 and 5. With the plans set, and the people ready, they finally went into action.

Initially, Hailey, Hale, and all the other leaders besides the Citadel and District 2 assault teams were having great success. Hale quickly secured Districts 3 and 5, and soon began hammering away at the District 4 trainstation. Hailey quickly secured what was left of the CCA defensive forces in the underground, and began to overturn units in Districts 6 and 7. They made quick work of these tasks, having complete control by the morning of 4/2/2016. They were both then assigned to assist in the capture of the Nexus. Once the Resistance members breached the Nexus, the pair went to work leading special task force teams to kill the members of the CCA High Command. Hailey's team managed to take out a majority of the officers and divisional leaders, while Hale went to take out units remained holding up in the Administrative section. While Hale was advancing to one of the conference rooms, the Sectorial Commander came out, killing Hale and three of his squad members almost instantaneously. Marc Davidson turned his personal attention to the Nexus at this point, sending one of his best marksmen, Ronald Fetcher, to deal with this problem. By the time Fetcher had arrived, the SeC, a CmD, and a few officers had managed to kill over thirty additional Resistance members. Fetcher quickly made it to where this scene was unfolding, and quickly disposed of the CmD and two of the officers. The remaining officer and the SeC were pinned in the conference room. Fetcher threw a charge in, and the ensuing explosion would lead anyone to believe that all in that room were completely vaporized.

Hailey simply sat and kept the Nexus secure for the rest of the fighting. Once the OTA reinforcements had arrived, Hailey quickly fled to the underground system, getting as many people through as she could before the OTA began to head underground in force. She fled to the Outlands, running along with a few others as far as she could. All she brought with her was an SMG, her knife from City 18, and one medkit. She tried to continue on for as long as she could, careful of not stopping anywhere for too long in fear of the OTA following her trail. Eventually, the OTA caught up with her near Ineu Pass. The remaining members of her team were killed or scattered. Hailey fled into the Pass in hopes of finding a place to make her last stand, hoping what remains of her team will find her.  

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
*Knowledge of the event that conspired in City 39 (I'm assuming the event idea was accepted?)
*Methods/equipment to defend myself.

Defects
*A constant fear of OTA troops, as they are following her.
*Some what insane, as she saw an entire population of a city killed.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to create both passive and non-passive events through these perks and defects, as well as help to move along a possibly interesting event. I also hope to further explore the Outlands, and try to bring people away from that pesky bunker (I plan to do a majority of the action in and around the village/lake.) It would also allow people to explore and ask questions about City 39, creating an almost purely story based story, resulting in a lot of passive-ish roleplay (Seeing as people will more than likely ask me about the situation).

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Currently none. I would like at least two people to fill the roles of "Tyler Anders" and "Michelle Corban", two fellow refugees from City 39 that I plan on introducing to the story later on. If anyones interested and this concept is accepted, PM me about it.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
This application is largely dependant on the City 39 suggestion I made a few days back. http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=13759.0

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline SatN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hailey Royal's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 12:54:26 AM »
I'm more than willing to accept the authorisation of you having City 39 'event' knowledge, although, Previous Resistance 'Leader.' Leader can be considered a sterotype, some consider it a physical rank, other's consider it an unnecessary ego-boost. I'd have to deny the part of being a resistance leader, your grammar and punctuation is above good but not completely perfect. Your back-story was also slightly canonically off for the most part, although at times we make our own canon, it is good to keep the basis 'correct' per-say.

"Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Currently none. I would like at least two people to fill the roles of "Tyler Anders" and "Michelle Corban", two fellow refugees from City 39 that I plan on introducing to the story later on. If anyones interested and this concept is accepted, PM me about it."

That is fine, although the part of being a 'resistance leader' I will have to verdict as Denied.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 08:44:59 AM »
*Possible weapons? (Event material.)

No authorizations will be given via authorization applications for be the following:

Stalker
    Strider
    Any other NPC
    Any canon character
    Black Mesa employee/Black Mesa knowledge
    SYNTH Units
    Any flag (Tool Trust Applications are separate, those are the only flags gained by application)
    Weapons/Ammunition
    Resistance Vests
    Special/Psychic Powers
    Anything related to the CCA/Combine
    Hunter
    Vehicles (Jeeps, etc)

I'm going to give my support for knowledge of the City 39 situation as a Resistance soldier rather than a leader due to the reasons stated by SatN. However, I won't be able to give my support for the 'event weapons'. Before I can support having a knife, there'll need to be more than just one mention of it rather than simply saying that she kept her knife from City 18.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 03:35:08 AM »
Accepted for knowledge of the City 39 situation as a Resistance soldier.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal