Author Topic: Most Stupid War In History?  (Read 12234 times)

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
Most Stupid War In History?
« on: February 22, 2012, 05:08:56 PM »
Yeah, pretty easy. What war do you think was probably the most dumb and worthless for that causes  many lives?
I think it was Vietnam war. We went only in there to stop the communist north just because they were communist. And what was the result? Many Americans died just to stop the North  just because of their reliefs.

my two cents.
Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.
Zoe Kriyake - Has not been heard in weeks. Possibly re-located to C-18

Alive Characters
Pavalo Anodov - Wondering C18, unsure

Offline Mr Jive

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Most Stupid War In History?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 05:31:29 PM »
All of them are pretty bad :P

1. War Against Drugs
Started by Reagen and was a stupid idea from the start. You can't beat drugs, its not possible they will always be there and so will the drug dealers. Trying to tackle it only seems to make matters worse. Legalized drugs generally works better :P

2. War on Terror
Again not really a war you can win and hasn't really got the west any where. Yeah after 10 years we finaly kill Osama but then what? Islamic extremists are still there. People still gonna be violent. A waste of life and could have been dealt with in a better way. Not to mention trigger happy insurgents killing lots of innocents in the east :P

3. WW2
In a sense this war wasn't pointless because the Holocaust had to be stopped. On the other hand was the war just a selfish attempt by England to stop Germany from having an empire? England did it themselves but they are happy to kill fuck loads of soldiers to stop Germany from doing it. Also if Hitler hadn't of been an anti-Semite looney who killed all those people and had of just minded his own business he probably would have gone down as one of the Greatest leaders of History. He had some good ideas and knew how to rule a country. He just wasn't smart enough to realize fighting the world wasn't going to work.

4. Korean War
Don't know enough about it to comment

5. Vietnam
Just a war driven by mass paranoia against communism. Lead to some horrific deaths and horrific use of weaponry and the worse part is it ended up making no difference, America still lost :l

Also fun fact about the Vietnam war, the man who created "Agent Orange" had his son (who was a pilot) drop it over Vietnam. His son later died of Cancer because of the agent orange. Oh the ironies of war...
OCRP IC name: Rudy Smith

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 05:44:13 PM »
Anglo-Zanzibar War.

If you don't know it. Look it up.
Reminds me of CG...
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline Hilarious ?sometimes?.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 05:51:20 PM »
War on Torrents, aka SOPA/ACTA

DDDDDDUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRR ME IS GOOD A PHOTOSTORE!  YAEH!

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 07:27:06 PM »
No one can Censor the internet. If you somehow do, anonymous will mess you up.

So yea, the SOPA/PIPA/ACTA 'war' is stupid.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 07:34:53 PM »
As an IB Modern History student, I would say that the Korean War and the Vietnam War, or just all wars that were part of the US Truman Doctrine, were pointless and accomplished nothing.  Everyone knows why the Vietnam war sucked, but the Korean War is something else.  The premise is the Korean War is like the first episode of Red vs Blue:  Two sides have a base in a box canyon.  There is nothing in that box canyon worth taking advantage.  It is just a fucking pointless box canyon in the middle of nowhere.  If one side were to get up and leave, then the other would have TWO bases in a box canyon.

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 10:29:27 PM »

Anon are hard cunts, didn't ya know? They are skilled in the ways of Warcraft, I'd say do not fuck.
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 12:53:15 AM »

Anon are hard cunts, didn't ya know? They are skilled in the ways of Warcraft, I'd say do not fuck.

They took down master card, visa, paypal, US Goverment websites, hacked into their database and got a bunch of info. I think they won't let the government do shit 2 the internet...
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline [EC] Logo

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 02:58:37 AM »
Anglo-Zanzibar War.

If you don't know it. Look it up.
Reminds me of CG...

exact one i was gonna post xD

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 03:00:57 AM »
The Ballas v Grove Street.

Dese niggas dont understand dat dey shuld just be like brothas n exploit tha niggas around em rather den fite each other for bitches and bling.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 03:11:50 AM by SkeptiK »
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 05:52:44 AM »
The Ballas v Grove Street.

Dese niggas dont understand dat dey shuld just be like brothas n exploit tha niggas around em rather den fite each other for bitches and bling.

I have brand new respect for you, SkeptiK.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 11:50:35 PM »
I think some of you are confused on the definition of "war":
Noun: A state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state.

This means arguing about internet censorship is not a war, it's a legal decision.  Drugs are also not a war as it does not involve another nation or state, it's civil enforcement.

With that said, Vietnam was a depressingly bad move.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 12:58:32 AM »
Also, these aren't on the list, but some other pointless wars:  Both the Mexican-American War and the Spanish-American War

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 01:37:32 PM »
I think some of you are confused on the definition of "war":
Noun: A state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state.

This means arguing about internet censorship is not a war, it's a legal decision.  Drugs are also not a war as it does not involve another nation or state, it's civil enforcement.

With that said, Vietnam was a depressingly bad move.

Yeah, I realized  after I made the post it wasn't a really a war so I didn't want to fix the post shit. X_X
But,yeah it wwas bad war/
Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.
Zoe Kriyake - Has not been heard in weeks. Possibly re-located to C-18

Alive Characters
Pavalo Anodov - Wondering C18, unsure

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2012, 09:25:12 PM »
Also, these aren't on the list, but some other pointless wars:  Both the Mexican-American War and the Spanish-American War
Meh both of those were Ego boosters and if America didn't get in the Spanish-American we wouldn't be half ready for WW1(We wouldn't have the 1903 spring field +the 1911) America needed the Spanish-American.

The Mexican-American was more of America showing that it'd defend its borders no matter how small(It was over an area of 100 miles) it also put Mexico in its place as a Americas Bitch.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal