Author Topic: Harbor Roleplay Changes  (Read 3754 times)

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Harbor Roleplay Changes
« on: March 27, 2011, 07:59:53 AM »

- The map has been changed back to harbor2ocean(Current map got really boring really fast..)
- Wiremod has been added
- Prop whitelist removed
- Advanced duplicator and various other building tools have been added
- Bunch of rules removed. (HRP won't be nearly as serious as it once was)
- Few other things which you'll notice in game
- Reduced to 24 slots as lag with boats will be considerably more

I realize a lot of you are probably upset with the whole "less serious" thing but just remember we've got HL2RP coming later this week.
I'm hoping this will get HRP populated. All of this was voted for here and this was the choice that had won.

This update will be live by 8:00 AM PST. At the time of posting it is being worked on.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 10:36:12 AM by vizioN »
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Harbor Roleplay Changes
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 10:38:25 AM »
This really is a disappointment to CG. Most of the work spent on HRP was great. Honestly, you basically just took all of that work away and trashed it to a shitty map using a DarkRP edit.

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 10:39:45 AM »
This really is a disappointment to CG. Most of the work spent on HRP was great. Honestly, you basically just took all of that work away and trashed it to a shitty map using a DarkRP edit.
It was empty constantly and every attempt we made to get people in, didn't work. This is a last resort basically. Hell, if people end up not liking this and want the old HRP back I have everything backed up and switching back would take 30 minutes at max.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Ludus

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 07:50:49 PM »
It's better this way. People can be creative and have more fun.

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 09:37:07 PM »
Waffle and I were proceeding to join the HRP server with the changes thinking no one was going to be in it, turns out 10 people were already in the server before both of us got in, why? Its due to the changes. Its obvious people prefer it this way and if the community wants it like it is now then it will remain.

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 09:38:35 PM »
I've seen some of the best RP I've ever seen since this change. Even with me removing almost 20 rules, the RP has doubled in quality. I/any other admins haven't had to hand out a single ban yet.

Offline Ludus

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 10:03:29 PM »
Yea today there was a guy doing a shooting range for the US army or something like that. Things are much better I personally think it's because of the map a lot of people already have this map installed, so there like hey let's join that server.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 11:17:15 AM »
I like this map, but there are still many lag spikes and crashes which need to be fixed.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 12:50:33 PM »
I like this map, but there are still many lag spikes and crashes which need to be fixed.
We're working on them. We've reduced them quite a bit so far.

Offline The Donowitz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 09:45:06 AM »
Hahahahahahaahahaha, Good, I joined this community after this update :D
Never Take Life Seriously,
Nobody make's it out alive,
Anyway's.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal