Author Topic: My Plea To Recruit OOC  (Read 1124 times)

NRK

My Plea To Recruit OOC
« on: November 04, 2011, 09:32:29 PM »
This topic is dedicated to the debate of whether or not the Red Union should have the ability to recruit out of character and that is to say, on the forums. Please read this with an open mind.

Now firstly, to understand our stance, one must be familiar with our recruitment procedure. The Red Union is obviously not the most humanitarian group, or at all.We consider mostly every other being to be the scourge of the earth. We don't keep with respect, but we require to recruit nonetheless. Not to give anybody the choice to refuse recruitment, and keeping with the idea of giving them a value in this world, and that their will doesn't matter, we abduct our members in usually brutal ways. They join in slavery, not gaining any initial freedoms.

Now, we do ask in LOOC whether or not we may abduct their character. This is simply for two obvious reasons. I think it is unfair to force somebody to commit to a roleplay that would take months. We also do this as it obviously isn't functional to roleplay with who doesen't want to roleplay, especially in a group. He wouldn't really go on his character, etc.

Now, here's the dilemma and the solution. Most people don't walk into our recruitment area (it needs to stay this way as not to be spotted.) Most people will not join OOCly as we ask. So most of the few people we ask are unwilling to join.While ICly, we can do it to whoever we want and whenever we want, within reason. We need to maintain recruitment as due to our groups violent nature. With this system of IC recruitment, we cannot really recruit many people.

Now, the second problem with recruitment ICly is that we don't really even know the person we are recruiting. The man can be the most inactive person on the server. He can be the largest troll. He could not understand our system(which is important for the same reason a CP needs to know about the Combine). This could be his very first time he has ever RPed. These are the problems we face in recruitment.

If we had the ability to recruit OOCly, I wouldn't have most of these problems. Also, please note, this is not like the CP's IC application. This is permission to abduct a person's character which we will do in character. This is not asking to become an official resistance or anything along those lines. Simply to ask permission. I am to keep the group exclusive to an extent, recruiting at most 2 or 3 a week. I do not want everybody and their mother being in a group like I have experienced on other servers.

Now I will also argue that the system will aid server RP.

The person who joins the Red Union will be filled with the goodies given to him and we ought to give him that choice. A CP can RP it. This is simply to the law that it is more fun to RP when there is something to RP. That is the same with citizens.

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: My Plea To Recruit OOC
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 10:20:39 PM »
Sounds like a group of communists, but anyway if they agree ooc'ly to be recruited go for it.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 10:30:27 PM »
I'd allow OOC applications and then they would ICly have to find their way in to the group, but that would be it.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

NRK

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 10:41:40 PM »
@Teh Penguin
If you're interested, our group can be explained http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=7368.0

@Rofl
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWizDna1XO4" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWizDna1XO4</a>
Alright, so where would I put these applications?

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 10:53:51 PM »
HL2RP general.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal