Author Topic: A Guide to Using Your Cell Phone  (Read 3992 times)

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A Guide to Using Your Cell Phone
« on: April 21, 2013, 04:17:09 PM »
Are you one of the people who purchased a Cell Phone but you don't know jack shit about how to use it? Keep on reading, I'll go through everything with pics for ya.

The Basics:

To Bring up your phone on the screen, press P. You should get an IPhone-like interface pop up in the bottom right corner of your screen. To navigate the cell phone you will have to use your mouse cursor. To bring that up, press and hold Z. Below is a legend of what you can and can't click.

Click to see the original size.

The Button at the top is how you close your cell phone.

The Button at the Bottom is the Home Button and will take you back to this screen when you click it.

Settings:

This was probably the first thing I noticed when I brought up my phone. Just click on it to access it. (Make sure you are also holding down Z to make the mouse cursor work!)

First off, you have ringtones, which is "unavailable on your device"  ::).

Next up is Wallpaper, which does indeed work, just find one you like and select it. It will bring you back to the homescreen once you select what you want.

This is much better than the shitty default one

Note: The wallpaper is not saved upon Disconnection. So you have to set it back up everytime.

Last and absolutely least is the volume, which is also unavailable making it just as dumb as ringtones. MOVING ON...

The Phone Book:

This is probably the coolest part about the phone. Instead of having to type out shit as a pm, you can now actually voice chat with people across the map.

First things first, click on the Phone Icon. If you have difficulty finding it, look for your system32 folder instead, and delete that. (In all seriousness, it's back on the home screen.)

When you do that, you have options as follows:

1. All players

Choose from anyone in the server to call, some may not have a cell phone so when you try to call them you will get a hint telling you they don't own one.

2. Organization *Does Not Currently Work AFAIK*

Choose from any player who is in your org and is currently in the server to call. Just like with All players though, you can only call people who own a cell phone.

3. Buddies

What the fuck else do you think this is here for? Call yo buddies you have added in the server. FYI though, Buddies do not save on disconnection.

4. Steam Friends *Does not work atm*

Basically, you'll be able to call anyone on your friends list on steam that is also in the server.

5. Emergency Call

Clicking this will call a random Police officer that you can talk to.

Messaging:

Probably the simplest feature of the phone. Go back to your home screen to select the messaging icon which is located next to the phone icon. After you do that, this window will pop up.

Pretty straightforward here. Just type in the name of you want to send a message to, type in your message, and away you go.

Note: it costs $5 per message you send, $3 if you're a gold or VIP member, and it comes directly from your bank account (In game, not real life(although I'm sure the CG owners would love that :P)).

Well, that's the end of the guide, hope this helps.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 10:25:59 AM by Psycho29388 »

Offline Mr. Pettit

Re: A Guide to Using Your Cell Phone
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 04:57:55 PM »
Very nice guide. Also, I'm pretty sure an emergency call connects you to whoever is playing as dispatch and not an officer as sometimes when I've called it gives me a notification there's no dispatch.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 06:00:54 PM »
Fuck yeah. Very nice guide, saved me time for doing one.

Thank you!
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Thource

• Thorse, the Brit
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 04:14:35 AM »
Very nice guide, well detailed too.
I didn't know about the wall papers so thanks for that!

( Not available on this device means that Mr.Head didn't code it in yet, in case you didn't know. <3 )

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 10:25:20 AM »
( Not available on this device means that Mr.Head didn't code it in yet, in case you didn't know. <3 )
Figures ::) , I'm guessing when ringtones become available you can actually place your own in a folder and use them. (That's what I'm hoping for, anyways).

Offline Nacho Libre

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 09:00:02 PM »
In the phone book when you view all players how do you scroll down?

Offline Ninja??d

• Boston Celtics are awesome
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 09:30:59 PM »
That is not available yet, but you can add a person to your buddies and call them via the buddies menu

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 01:59:10 PM »
That is not available yet, but you can add a person to your buddies and call them via the buddies menu

As soon as the new patch applies (when restart), this is fixed.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 03:55:42 PM »

actually, I was playing at around 2 pm last night on server one and it seems to already be fixed.

I assume we're talking about the scrolling, right?

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 05:13:26 PM »

actually, I was playing at around 2 pm last night on server one and it seems to already be fixed.

Yeah. Update has applied long time ago.

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 06:27:40 PM »

Then why did you make it sound like it wasn't applied yet? :/

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 06:43:20 PM »

When I replied, I was not aware that the update had how live. I was only told afterwards, that it was applied long time ago.

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 09:13:55 PM »

When I replied, I was not aware that the update had how live. I was only told afterwards, that it was applied long time ago.
Ah, I see. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal