Author Topic: Reconcerning CA Apps  (Read 2247 times)

Offline Sniping Hazard

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Reconcerning CA Apps
« on: November 20, 2011, 11:45:03 PM »
Before I begin the topic of interest, I want to say that I understand an earlier thread was made about this but it was closed while I still had my concern for it.

City Administrators are at the brink of inactivity, for the moment, I've only seen 2 CAs on in the past week. We need to start up another round of applications if we are to keep the City Administrators alive and running. First cycle began May 17, then the next was June 28, that was about 30 days between each other. Second from third was June 28 to August 15, which is 47 days. From the third application to at the moment = August 15 to right now which is nearly 90 days.

Average time between each app since the first one is about 30 days.
Its been <90> days since last applications D:

Conclusion: We need to bring up the apps before our brave morale boosters are lost forever.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Reconcerning CA Apps
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 11:49:12 PM »
I second this, not only with CA apps as they are needed and not many are as active as I'd hope but also for others such as OTA and authorization. The authorizations section has quite a few apps in there that are just drifting along waiting to be observed...

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 02:53:09 AM »
Im going to talk to karma, and they should open soon when i manage to talk to him.
what

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 04:51:45 AM »
Yeah, Ive been waiting for a while for them to return. Want to apply once their up.

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 07:11:54 AM »
    I have to admit - well, I do guess I'm speaking for most of us here - but I, and other CAs, have been quite inactive. The main reason is probably the fact that there's only a certain amount of times you can give speeches and reply to letters before all the ideas have ran out. Also, there's been plenty of times when the same topic has been spoken about multiple times, with each CA doing their own version, and this seems to be quite annoying for both us, the CAs, and everybody else, due to the fact that they've heard the speech about five times, and unbeknown to us, they haven't. Basically, what I'm saying here is that we need some way of communication between the City Administration team, so that we don't get tangled up in a replay of speeches and the same replies to letters.
    Now, back to the reason of inactivity. Boredom, to be blunt. We need more ways to get involved, and do something in the City. Surely if we're expendable we can go outside, toss away the fake mask of protection - i.e about eight OTA guards that we shouldn't need if we're expendable - and fix the problems in the City directly, such as meeting people, listening to their views about the UU, helping the CWU with things; actually getting human interaction rather than sitting in a room giving the same speech fifty times. Also, rather than just get more inactive CAs - yes I just admitted most of us are inactive, again - why don't we do something similar to Taco 'n' Banana, with the "Civil Ministers", thus expanding the team, and actually giving it a structure, rather than what it is now. These "Civil Ministers" (or whatever they'd be named) would be extremely - I mean loads of Loyalist Points, a clean record (no crimes, even minor ones) and maybe a dose of water from the trainstation vending machines - trusted Loyalists or Civil Worker, stay inside and outside equally, not actually need eight OTA, and would do things such as collecting surveys, handing out printouts of the latest speeches by the City Administrators, bringing in the letters which people make, perhaps send confidential letters to the person recieving it, such as the details of the latest CWU project.
    Just as a little... 'warning', I do tell you that being a CA isn't really as much fun as it seems, unless the act actually gets changed and it becomes more interactive and productive, we could have a thriving Civil Administration team someday. Sorry for sort of derailing the topic, but I just wanted to give you, the people wanting to make CA apps, how 'fun' it really is, and some suggestions on how to improve it.

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 10:25:24 PM »
    I have to admit - well, I do guess I'm speaking for most of us here - but I, and other CAs, have been quite inactive. The main reason is probably the fact that there's only a certain amount of times you can give speeches and reply to letters before all the ideas have ran out. Also, there's been plenty of times when the same topic has been spoken about multiple times, with each CA doing their own version, and this seems to be quite annoying for both us, the CAs, and everybody else, due to the fact that they've heard the speech about five times, and unbeknown to us, they haven't. Basically, what I'm saying here is that we need some way of communication between the City Administration team, so that we don't get tangled up in a replay of speeches and the same replies to letters.
    Now, back to the reason of inactivity. Boredom, to be blunt. We need more ways to get involved, and do something in the City. Surely if we're expendable we can go outside, toss away the fake mask of protection - i.e about eight OTA guards that we shouldn't need if we're expendable - and fix the problems in the City directly, such as meeting people, listening to their views about the UU, helping the CWU with things; actually getting human interaction rather than sitting in a room giving the same speech fifty times. Also, rather than just get more inactive CAs - yes I just admitted most of us are inactive, again - why don't we do something similar to Taco 'n' Banana, with the "Civil Ministers", thus expanding the team, and actually giving it a structure, rather than what it is now. These "Civil Ministers" (or whatever they'd be named) would be extremely - I mean loads of Loyalist Points, a clean record (no crimes, even minor ones) and maybe a dose of water from the trainstation vending machines - trusted Loyalists or Civil Worker, stay inside and outside equally, not actually need eight OTA, and would do things such as collecting surveys, handing out printouts of the latest speeches by the City Administrators, bringing in the letters which people make, perhaps send confidential letters to the person recieving it, such as the details of the latest CWU project.
    Just as a little... 'warning', I do tell you that being a CA isn't really as much fun as it seems, unless the act actually gets changed and it becomes more interactive and productive, we could have a thriving Civil Administration team someday. Sorry for sort of derailing the topic, but I just wanted to give you, the people wanting to make CA apps, how 'fun' it really is, and some suggestions on how to improve it.

This is actually true. CA does get Boeing after a while, and same speeches, ect
Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.
Zoe Kriyake - Has not been heard in weeks. Possibly re-located to C-18

Alive Characters
Pavalo Anodov - Wondering C18, unsure

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal