Author Topic: New computer.  (Read 5583 times)

Offline Leon the reboobler :3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New computer.
« on: April 24, 2014, 08:34:00 PM »
So. I'm retwrded when it comes to this stuff and I need a new LAPTOP. I need to be good for gaming AND for school work. Any ideas? Money is not an issue

Reporter: Do you think the nazi's will go underground after the war?
Patton: Six feet.

Offline Greenman

• The Man Of Green
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New computer.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 08:58:35 PM »
Location?
Budget?
Requirements?

If you're in the UK, I recommend www.pc.co.uk
Got my own laptop there. Been great.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 09:19:30 PM »
Pretty much any "gaming" laptop can do school stuff but it's just not the other way around. If money isn't an issue then find the most expensive "gaming" laptop you can find and buy it, just make sure to check the specs first so it's not a ripoff. Not 100% sure on this but I think newegg sells gamin laptops(never checked but would make sense if they did). Just don't buy Alienware ok
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 10:03:40 PM »

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 12:03:00 AM »
Never trust the label "gaming laptop". Those fucking retailers never know what they are talking about and label something as gaming laptop while the actual specs are garbage. So sure, it is a "gaming laptop" if you are a Facebook-mum and the only "games" you play are facebook hypes like farm ville.

Always look to the specs yourself and decide if it is really worth to call it a gaming laptop or not.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 12:08:48 AM »
The one word of advice I can give is to get a laptop with an Intel i7 processor.  While it won't be as good as the desktop variant, it's what you'll need for a gaming laptop.

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: New computer.
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 06:26:56 AM »
The one word of advice I can give is to get a laptop with an Intel i7 processor.  While it won't be as good as the desktop variant, it's what you'll need for a gaming laptop.
Get a quad-core i5, if there's even one made for laptops. i7 has hyperthreading which makes it take up more system resources to function properly; i5 does not.

Laptop I had for over a year was an Asus K53Z. Had integrated cooling systems and 8GB of RAM by default, not to mention a pre-installed Radeon graphics card and an i5 dual-core processor.

Off-topic; if money isn't an issue, why are you getting a laptop? Build a gaming desktop, unless it's a mobility issue.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 07:03:09 AM »
Is there any specific reason you need a laptop over a desktop?
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Leon the reboobler :3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 07:13:09 AM »
Mobility

Reporter: Do you think the nazi's will go underground after the war?
Patton: Six feet.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 09:12:46 AM »
Assuming you would use the laptop for school as well. And you can't exactly take a desktop to school. :P

But to be fair? I would get a good desktop for home to game on, and a less good laptop for school work. Or whenever you go to a friend or something.
Mainly because desktops are clearly superior to laptops. So whenever you are at home, you can use your desktop.

Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 11:46:15 PM »
Assuming you would use the laptop for school as well. And you can't exactly take a desktop to school. :P

But to be fair? I would get a good desktop for home to game on, and a less good laptop for school work. Or whenever you go to a friend or something.
Mainly because desktops are clearly superior to laptops. So whenever you are at home, you can use your desktop.

This is very good advice. Desktops are much,  much better for the money. If you only need the laptop for school etc and not gaming, I'd recommend getting a good desktop and a decent laptop - it'll probably cost around the same and you'll get much better peformance. If this isn't an option, I can try to find a good laptop that isn't a total rip off.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 12:17:02 AM by Alaskan Thunderfuck »
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal