Author Topic: About admining  (Read 4764 times)

Offline Leon the reboobler :3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
About admining
« on: February 28, 2014, 10:05:14 PM »
So, if you don't know, I have been a admin for quite a lot if servers. Some gmod some others. But recently the major server i admin completely dropped and died due to the owner abusing. Now I feel quite empty. What do you guys do when a server with 60ppl on average... Dies..

Reporter: Do you think the nazi's will go underground after the war?
Patton: Six feet.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: About admining
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 10:19:33 PM »
So, if you don't know, I have been a admin for quite a lot if servers. Some gmod some others. But recently the major server i admin completely dropped and died due to the owner abusing. Now I feel quite empty. What do you guys do when a server with 60ppl on average... Dies..

find a better one which is not shit where the management cares

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 11:14:51 PM »
Pretty much. I only play on CG servers as it's the only stable community I have found with a decent player-base (debatable now). Keep on pokeing around for another server, gain rep, get admin, everything becomes norm again I guess.

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 03:59:10 AM »
you learn to not need authority during your escapism

Offline D3AD_S1L3NT

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 09:06:11 PM »
Pretty much. I only play on CG servers as it's the only stable community I have found with a decent player-base (debatable now). Keep on pokeing around for another server, gain rep, get admin, everything becomes norm again I guess.

How can you even say that, i've been with.... well NEAR CG for the past err... 2 years atleast, and it has literally fallen apart a little. Whatchutalkinabout stable community :/

Also im being serious this isnt a troll post.
Bananananannanananana

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 09:08:15 PM »
How can you even say that, i've been with.... well NEAR CG for the past err... 2 years atleast, and it has literally fallen apart a little. Whatchutalkinabout stable community :/

Please provide evidence that this community is falling apart.  People come and go, and the fact that we have only a handful of admins means nothing.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 09:33:28 PM »
* Statua looks around.

Doesn't seem to be falling apart right now.

Offline D3AD_S1L3NT

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 09:34:27 PM »

Please provide evidence that this community is falling apart.  People come and go, and the fact that we have only a handful of admins means nothing.

AND the fact most of the people played for OCRP, which fell apart after OCRP2 and maybe will come back for CGRP (maybe). The other reason neither of us can prove weather CG is stable or not is because of forced registration. CG has 65,437 and counting members, though all that means is that 65,437 unique people passed through any of the CG servers (or gmod only i havent followed up on that) within the past 1219 days OR 3 years, 4 months, 3 days and counting. None of us can entirely prove how many of those members have/currently used/use the forum on a daily basis, but i'm willing to bet its less than 1/3 of the 65k members.

My point has been proven and thanks for the initiative.

-Silent aka .base

Edited: Grammatical error fixes :).
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:37:38 PM by D3AD_S1L3NT »
Bananananannanananana

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 09:38:25 PM »

AND the fact most of the people played for OCRP, which fell apart after OCRP2 and maybe will come back for CGRP (maybe). The other reason neither of us can prove weather CG is stable or not is because forced registration which means nothing says CG has 65,437 and counting members, when that only means 65,437 unique people passed through any of the CG servers (or gmod only i havent followed up on that) within the past 1219 days OR 3 years, 4 months, 3 days and counting. None of us can entirely prove how many of those members have/currently used/use the forum on a daily basis, but i'm willing to bet its less than 1/3 of the 65k members.

-Silent aka .base

oh my god this kid again

this fucking guy use to steam voice chat me and tell me about how cg was such shit and it was falling apart, then talk so highly about purples 20+ communities that he started then failed in like 2 weeks.

dont listen to him.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 09:41:26 PM »
For the record, Harbor Roleplay server 2 is down for maintenance and I don't have one day off of work this week so I can't fix it. Not sure why Cinema and Sandbox are down, but I'm sure Somone has a good reason.

Offline D3AD_S1L3NT

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 09:43:51 PM »

AND the fact most of the people played for OCRP, which fell apart after OCRP2 and maybe will come back for CGRP (maybe). The other reason neither of us can prove weather CG is stable or not is because forced registration which means nothing says CG has 65,437 and counting members, when that only means 65,437 unique people passed through any of the CG servers (or gmod only i havent followed up on that) within the past 1219 days OR 3 years, 4 months, 3 days and counting. None of us can entirely prove how many of those members have/currently used/use the forum on a daily basis, but i'm willing to bet its less than 1/3 of the 65k members.

-Silent aka .base

oh my god this kid again

this fucking guy use to steam voice chat me and tell me about how cg was such shit and it was falling apart, then talk so highly about purples 20+ communities that he started then failed in like 2 weeks.

dont listen to him.

All the butthurt cow pls you haven't talked to me in AT LEAST a year... You don't know whats gone on.

For the record, Harbor Roleplay server 2 is down for maintenance and I don't have one day off of work this week so I can't fix it. Not sure why Cinema and Sandbox are down, but I'm sure Somone has a good reason.

Don't worry wake I still love you :)

MODIFIED AGAIN: I'd like this conversation to stop here (or at least the part i'm involved in) because it is just going to end up causing needless trouble for me and possibly some other members. However I will leave this post here as a laughing stalk, or something of the like.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:57:48 PM by D3AD_S1L3NT »
Bananananannanananana

Offline Leon the reboobler :3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 10:49:44 PM »
Admin please lock, as this has gone a bit off topic, please don't troll eatchother in threads I make ;.;

Reporter: Do you think the nazi's will go underground after the war?
Patton: Six feet.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 12:24:18 AM »
I agree this topic sucks. Locked

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal