Author Topic: [Suggestion] Forced into Hiding  (Read 2316 times)

Offline MrVolker

• View Profile
    • Awards
[Suggestion] Forced into Hiding
« on: June 09, 2012, 10:24:35 PM »
Hey Everybody,
I was thinking it would be amazing to have an event where the CCA has to herd and force all citizens into the sewers. This could occur due to some sort of natural, rebel, or other event happening above ground. The point is that it would be incredibly dark and tense with the citizens all sitting in the black and dim red waters while the CCA stand by holding the peace. This event could last just a few hours, but it would certainly be interesting. Any non CCA on the surface would be killed.

Just an off-beat idea I had, don't know how/if it would work.

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [Suggestion] Forced into Hiding
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 01:37:59 AM »
As a general concept, I'm liking this idea. Not so much on the dying part, but yeah.
What occurs before and after would have to be worked out, but incorporating this into another event would be quite nice.
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Offline MrVolker

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 02:08:20 AM »
As an extension of the idea, I think that it would be interesting to see the CCA somewhat "fearful" of what's above ground. It might create a new and interesting dynamic between the citizens and the CCA. Also, I would say the threat would have to be a passing, sort of passive danger. Like a dust or chemical cloud. This way the CCA can focus on the citizens, rather than some sort of violent threat.

Offline [TNS-D] Sanitorium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 01:41:51 PM »
A chemical cloud is easily canonically realistic, there could be some sort of shelling with gas rather than headcrabs, maybe a GRID project gone wrong, there's so many possibilities with that.
i like men.

Offline Police Explorer

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 03:54:25 PM »
Citizens could roleplay getting contaminated, and they would have to somewhat wiggle in being a zombie/infected. But that's my suggestion. Overall, I like where it's aimed at.

Offline TasteTehCake

• Screw that shit i'm going to space.
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 08:34:08 PM »
I think this is a pretty good idea. Killing people who are on the surface-We could leave that out and replace it with those who are on the surface could RP being zombies or infected?

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 08:40:55 PM »
I remember a few months back, and acid rain storm with radioactive qualites came down on the City. Instead of rain, a radioactive fog may be nice. It would sweep through the city, and the citizens would need to be herded into a specific area. Maybe turning key point in the city into immediate aid stations and hazard control points?

A reason why I'm liking this idea is because it involves everyone and all divisons of the CCA would have specific tasks as well. Citizens would be able to roleplay the fear of the situation, as well as being infected by whatever the problem is. NOVA would be tasked with infecton control and cure. GRID would be finding a way to remove the problem and secure the Nexus and the safezones. APEX/UNIFORM would be tasked with crowd control.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline MrVolker

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 11:02:13 PM »
OK so to sum it up,
A radioactive fog overtakes the city which forces all citizens and CCA underground. While underground the citizens and CCA have to cope with the possibility of infection; at the same time every rank in the combine can be assigned different tasks (i.e. Keeping the peace, administering meds, fighting off infected civies, setting up lights and equipment, etc.)

How do we make this more official?

PS.
Makeshift lights and beds would make the sewers really cool looking for an RP session.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal