Author Topic: Ollie's Authorization Application  (Read 4186 times)

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ollie's Authorization Application
« on: January 18, 2012, 06:35:50 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Bowser93
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 3 years, maybe more.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 2 and a half years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Okay I know this sounds wierd, but a dog character. Not Dog from hl2, but an actual dog. I saw apps for children, so if a kid could live through the 7 hour war, why not a dog?

Name: Ollie
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
     Ollie sat in his bed, looking around the kitchen. The time of day wasn't very clear,  Ronnie, his owner, had left a while ago. Ronnie seemed to disappear for a large portion of the day, and then come back a little while before it got dark. Ollie always got extremely excited when Ronnie returned home. Ronnie was a little late that night, and as always, Ollie jumped on him, his tail wagging quickly, and Ronnie tossed one of those scrumptious brown square things into the air, and caught it in his mouth, like the dogs he saw in the box in the living room. Ronnie sat down in the couch, Ollie hopped up next to him, and curled into a ball.
     They sat there for who knows how long, watching the box in the living room. Then it happened. The portal storms. Ronnie jumped up, and called Ollie along, when they got outside, people were running everywhere. Ollie ran right behind his owner, through the city streets. Ollie was devoured by the crowd, and lost Ronnie. He scampered through the crowd, his tail between his legs- He sensed danger. A person was in an alleyway nearby, with a crowbar. He seemed to be prying open a sewer grate.
     When he finished prying open the grate, he looked up, "Ooh! Come here doggy! Come here!" He used a very annoying baby voice, but whatever. He ran over to the man, a woman following close behind. The man said, quickly, "I'm going to hop down there, I want you to grab the dog, and drop him down, I'll catch him." Of course they followed through with their plan, the dismount was a bit dangerous, though.
     After what seemed like an eternity of walking, the two climbed up another ladder onto the surface, leaving Ollie in the dark damp sewers. Ollie traveled for about a year through the sewer system, survivng on a diet of rats, food that was left behind from people hiding in the sewers, and drinking the water that other people hiding in the sewers gave him. This traveling eventually led him to the outlands of C45.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-A somewhat powerful bite
-Clever
-A very very basic understanding of the english language- IE phrases like, "Come here!" and "Treat!"
-A unique model (Whatever model fits best for a dog)

Defects
-Curiosity sometimes gets the better of him
-Fending for himself can sometimes be a challenge
- He would almost be obliged to listen to whoever his owner is

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan on reaching a whole new level of RP, and bringing a little more RP to the outlands server, even though there is a lot going on there already.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
N/A

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 06:38:17 PM by Pvt. K. Tray [11th AB] »
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ollie's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 07:39:31 PM »
Although it is a very interesting idea..

It wouldn't work becuase there is no 'dog' model, in fact, and even then, coding it into OA would be a pain.

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 08:22:46 PM »
I think a child / human would have abit more of a chance to survive into the outlands than a dog- mainly due to the human's ability to set aside primal wants to reason. Now, while doubtful a dog could of survived- there is still the issue of a model, animations, ect- which don't seem worth having one dog- as we definently should have a huge group of them.

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 11:17:02 AM »
NVRP uses a dog model, the FO3 dogmeat model. I don't think it turns, but it has a walking animation and such.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 12:22:21 PM »
I have a friend with a script to make the dog turn, but its still a problem of having to download something new just to give one player something they want...
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 01:17:52 PM »
This app is kinda... interesting. No one ever considered animal survival during the war, so I tip my hat to you in applying for this.
im bach

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 01:28:38 PM »
If you can persuade rofl to put the model in and such consider it accepted.
what

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 01:29:46 PM »
I could... somehow fix the animations if I could get that 3DS Max 2012 working again.

Offline 429ghost

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 01:39:02 PM »
Sorry to post in an app that isn't mine, or the fact that I am not an admin, but just gonna make a suggestion: No need to code or add a new model, it can be RP'ed, all u need to do is take a few small props, weld them together, use the color tool(or the material tool and look for a texture that seems to resemble fur), add a physdesc, and walla! you have a dog! To move it, just use the physgun, and maybe even RP the physgun as a leash.

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 01:48:42 PM »
Sorry to post in an app that isn't mine, or the fact that I am not an admin, but just gonna make a suggestion: No need to code or add a new model, it can be RP'ed, all u need to do is take a few small props, weld them together, use the color tool(or the material tool and look for a texture that seems to resemble fur), add a physdesc, and walla! you have a dog! To move it, just use the physgun, and maybe even RP the physgun as a leash.

429ghost has a point. Why do all the faffy coding when you can simply RP it?
im bach

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 04:16:26 PM »
I'm not looking for a fancy model or anything. And I don't feel like having to rebuild a dog every time I come into the server. I could just use a special model... I don't know which one would work best though.

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 07:38:40 PM »
If the model can be found and put onto the server then this will surely be a new experience.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 03:11:23 PM »
Well I'm fine with whatever. I don't care if I get the dog model or not, I just think the RP would be good.

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 05:46:58 PM »
Well I'm fine with whatever. I don't care if I get the dog model or not, I just think the RP would be good.
I'll try have a model put on the server however.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 01:09:25 PM »
Sounds like a plan, I think it would make an okay faction, having an animal faction.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal