Author Topic: Ben Wilks's Authorization Application  (Read 5565 times)

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ben Wilks's Authorization Application
« on: January 13, 2012, 06:08:14 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: AntiTrolls222
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 6 months
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 6 months

Character Section

Authorization(s):
A 14 year old boy living in the outlands of the HL2 universe. He isn't really independent, and he is always looking for help.
Boy-scout skills (basic).
Can fire a gun (badly).
Tight, dirty, casual clothing of a citizen before the war (AKA, jeans, white t-shirt, Nike trainers, etc.)

Name: Ben Wilks
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
It was only a few years from the war. The doctors gathered around the patient as they pushed her along into the surgery theater. She was ready to perform the ultimate sacrifice on her body, just to give life to another human. Yet the occasion seemed joyous, and one of great happiness. The doctors told her to push every last ounce of her breath out in order to release the new-born human from her womb. As she did so, Benjamin Wilks had gazed unto the outside world for the first time in his life. It was a glorious place, and the whole of civilization seemed to be silent, as he cried out for what seemed to be help, but he was actually taking his first breaths of the new world. It was different for him, and it seemed unfair, yet all would turn out alright in the end. Unfortunately, his mother passed away during the whole procedure, she died from several collapsed organs.. At the age of 5, Ben began his first years of educational advantages. He was a little different from the other children, as he seemed to be more on-the-ball. However, he began to slow down as he got older. His interests turned from 'playtime' and 'lego', they rather shifted to 'girls' and 'exams'. Truly, it was an awkward few years for him, but it would all be good... At least, theoretically. He had a boring life because of the simple reason, IT WAS TOO NORMAL. Normal school, normal home, not really normal boy scouts, considering on a trip to a campsite, Ben shot ranger Glimp (Matthew Glimp) in the knee. The ranger from then on was known as ranger Limp. That and the time he broke his leg chatting girls up, were the most interesting things that ever occurred in his life. The portal storms began when he was only young, so he hadn't really known much about what they did, or why they were there. The only words Ben really memorized from that, which were 'Mesa' and 'Aperture'. The day of the war, however, was one he would never forget, because it was the day he lost everything... It was a sunny afternoon in Moscow, which was odd considering the global positioning of Russia. Ben was there for another boring summer holiday, which seemed to never end, as Russia was a constant reminder of how the thought of returning to GCSE's would be good. Suddenly, the tears in the sky began to open further than usual, as mostly nowadays, they were just seen existing, rather than emitting any activity. The tears grew larger, and an enormous alien craft began to descend. Ben ran into his hotel room before his father grabbed him. "We need to get out of here, forget the luggage!" He bellowed. They ran into the streets only to see gunfire and murder everywhere, and Ben himself was nearly 'disposed of', if it weren't for his father beating the somehow feeble masked figure. The gunfire was heard from miles out of the city, and the two still ran on. A week later, Ben and his dad found a large sewer area, before lowering themselves into a damp pit. "Ben, I hear that there is a group of people who can help us. I need you to be a good lad and wait here, okay? I'll be back, don't worry." He told his son. A tear strolled down Ben's face, but his father wiped it away. The son nodded, and the father began to arise from the pit and walk away... This was a year ago... Ben lived off pigeon meat that he got from throwing broken glass, bricks and such junk at birds. Thanks to his years of scouting, he was able to make a fire from his torn clothing. One night, he woke up to hear some rebel calling him up, asking if they could have some pigeon meat. Ben would've questioned they're angle, but instead, they offered him training in weaponry. Ben never got the hand of firing the gun, and ended up shooting a pigeon, and something much worse. The group and Ben heard a dropship coming down, and they all ran their separate ways in order to hide. Ben ran into the sewers, and buried his head into the disgusting, dirty sewage water. The combine had almost found him, if it weren't for his amazing new friends who had distracted them away. Sadly, as Ben came out of the sewers, he found three rebels, hung by their necks. They had a note pinned to one saying, 'When we find you all, you will rest like your friends'. Ben made his place in the sewers, meaning no one could find him. Because no one could help him anymore, not now that he had lost everything. Times have changed... Question is, what next?

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
A new level of roleplay for me to discover, and a new depth of roleplay for others too.
Able to fire a gun for defense.
Can make fires, tie knots, put up camps, and do basic boy-scout abilities.
Doesn't stand out as much as the other rebels. (Height-wise, of course he stands out in looks)

Defects
The combine will always be on my tail, wherever I go, they will look for me, and they will not stop till I am dead.
Feeble, weaker and more frightened than a normal rebel.
Most people may not help him, and may look down on him as some snot-nosed brat.
Not very good with weapons.
Old, rubbish clothing.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I just want to try a new vibe with my roleplay, and just in general, see what I can do with this kind of character. Maybe the gun part will mean this character won't be instantly PKed.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
This character has not yet been made, as I am awaiting confirmation of this application. In all, I hope you consider me.

EDIT: Added storyline to backstory. Added some perks and more defects.

EDIT 2: Punctuation errors fixed. Edited one authority slightly to fit canon more.

EDIT 3: Edited small change in perks
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:06:26 PM by AntiTrolls222 »
im bach

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ben Wilks's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 06:40:58 AM »
Pretty good backstory but a bit short, though I saw your RP skills as well and they are outstanding so it's: +Support from me.

Although, verdict on the application is Pending for now, waiting for more admins to post opinions.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 07:33:54 AM by Veran120 »
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 04:46:48 PM »
Pretty good backstory but a bit short, though I saw your RP skills as well and they are outstanding so it's: +Support from me.

Although, verdict on the application is Pending for now, waiting for more admins to post opinions.

Wow... thanks Veran, I never knew you felt that way about me. Maybe the other admins would feel the same?
im bach

Offline Checkers

• Cats are cool stuff
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 05:35:56 PM »
I really dont think there should be another 14 year old kid in the canals. There is already Alex King and he is 14 or 15, What im saying is there should not be another kid in the area. Hl2 canon: LAll people under 18 were killed. We are breaking canon enough as it is.
I am ded not big surprise.

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 10:52:02 AM »
I really dont think there should be another 14 year old kid in the canals. There is already Alex King and he is 14 or 15, What im saying is there should not be another kid in the area. Hl2 canon: LAll people under 18 were killed. We are breaking canon enough as it is.

So, what, HL2RP should create a canon saying only one child ever outlived the 7 hour war because all their parents were like "lol, kill dis noob kid and put me in city ftw"? I think not. Plus, it's not up to you in the end. And F.Y.I, stop posting in auth apps unless you are the creator of the app or an admin, which are highly doubt you are either. You just seem to be postwhoring.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 11:00:09 AM by AntiTrolls222 »
im bach

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 11:04:08 AM »
As long as your rp proves you can do this, then yes.

Sry for posting in here btw, just giving him advice with his app since i dealt with the first child app.

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 12:31:38 PM »

Sry for posting in here btw, just giving him advice with his app since i dealt with the first child app.

Thanks for the advice Adam. And, I guess, as you can see, Veran seems to think my RP is of an exceptional standard.
im bach

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 01:24:58 PM »

Thanks for the advice Adam. And, I guess, as you can see, Veran seems to think my RP is of an exceptional standard.

What I think is just my opinion, and it doesn't have influence of anyone's verdict. Do not use it as weapon either, it's not like: "Admin thinks my application is good so it is". I stated my opinion, but it's not official verdict on anything.

And AntiTrolls22, people can tell their opinion. If silent wanted to say that in his opinion there shouldn't be next kid, he had a right to.

Now, end of this flamewar or I'll have to lock this topic.
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline Checkers

• Cats are cool stuff
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 01:56:40 PM »
Antitroll I do apologize for my previous post but what im saying is that it would be hard to belive that another kid came to the canals. I love your story and everything but I think you should wait until the new map because I highly doubt another kid would want to go to the canals.
I am ded not big surprise.

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 01:27:40 PM »
Antitroll I do apologize for my previous post but what im saying is that it would be hard to belive that another kid came to the canals. I love your story and everything but I think you should wait until the new map because I highly doubt another kid would want to go to the canals.

He doesn't want to go. His father left him. But anywho, apologies accepted. Thanks.
im bach

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 01:52:46 PM »
In my honest opinion, I do not think this would actually be possible. For one, this would be something only ver few roleplayers would need. Secondly,

I believe this would only be allowed if you added a bit more to your backstory, descibe how he could actually survive the combine and such?
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 01:58:41 PM »
Okay, edit time, go!

EDIT: Done, hope it is a lot better now.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 03:31:52 PM by AntiTrolls222 »
im bach

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 01:51:45 PM »
Since i haven't really seen you on the server or witnessed your roleplaying skills, so i'll just point out something i noticed.
Pekrs:
Doesn't stand out as much as the other rebels.

Being a 14 year boy wouldn't he stand out much more noticebly than other rebels, not the other way around?

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 04:05:24 PM »
Since i haven't really seen you on the server or witnessed your roleplaying skills, so i'll just point out something i noticed.
Pekrs:
Doesn't stand out as much as the other rebels.

Being a 14 year boy wouldn't he stand out much more noticebly than other rebels, not the other way around?

I meant kinda literally doesn't STAND out. Height-wise. I edit that now. lolwhoops.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:07:24 PM by AntiTrolls222 »
im bach

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 04:43:09 PM »
Sorry but...a lot of editing going on here...
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal