Author Topic: Depression?  (Read 10668 times)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Depression?
« on: July 18, 2012, 07:59:56 PM »
I hate to bring my stupid personal issues to CG but I've been feeling really shitty about generally everything lately and I've been wondering if any of you guys know if it's depression, something else or just nothing, I dunno.

Some shit I been feeling: I can pretty much list every symptom off the NHS page for depression and I've felt it at some point over the last couple of days. Kronic told me I should try get some sleep but really I've been having shit sleep for years and never felt like this before.

So uh, share stories and discuss what you think I'm feeling I guess? idk :-\

ps. Don't get confused if this thread suddenly gets removed I'll probably hate my self for posting it then remove it

Offline Tyrone McNigga

• removed your title due to it being way too big - pm me(Kronic) to have it changed
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Depression?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 08:01:24 PM »
It's a good thing you didn't post this in spam
They would tell you to kill yourself
(I would too)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 08:01:44 PM »
Hilarious

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 08:16:15 PM »
 Yeah, I had the same as you. I felt depressed most of the times and became more aware about my surroundings. I had shit sleep and started to feel light in the arms and legs. It's probably anxiety and happens in the earlier stages of teenagers and adolescence. Try to get some more sleep, keep the bad thoughts off your mind by countering it with good thoughts, get out more to get those thoughts off your mind. It will wear off soon.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 08:17:42 PM »
I don't have good thoughts really but I see what you mean, thanks I guess

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 09:43:44 PM »
Almost 17, it's just strange 'cause I've had some really shit times but this just feels different, tiny things make me more mad than they should and stuff

sigh

Offline TheKrusader

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 09:57:27 PM »
A few months back I had the same thing that you're going through. It sucks, I know, but what I did to pass by it is just talking to some of my friends, they usually cheer me up and I thought "Hey, why not give it a try." Another thing I'd recommend is keep yourself busy, get your mind off things.

One question, you don't have to give me the specifics, but did something happen before you started feeling like this- or was it just out of the blue?

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 09:59:15 PM »
Something sort of happened, I guess, the same sort of thing happened before though, never been like this

Offline TheKrusader

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 10:03:08 PM »
Hmm.. well the only advice, other than what I said, is that it will pass. I know it seems and feels bad right now, but you will get through it and it will only be a memory. About the sleeping, have you tried taking some sleeping pills or something that will make you drowsy? Or if you don't want to take the medicinal approach, you could drink the very cliche 'warm milk' before bed, or maybe play classical music as you go to sleep.

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 10:42:11 PM »
You've only had it for a few days? It's not clinical depression. Depression is a long-term disorder which cannot be determined in the first few weeks- after two weeks of feeling the symptoms, you could possibly consider it as a possibility. I'm going to guess you have dysthymia, which is a low-level, short-term feeling of sadness. It usually goes away in a few days to a week, perhaps you should try to get more sleep, engage in less-stressful activities, hang out with friends, etc.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 11:39:52 PM »
do you ever go outside
I used to be like this all the time when I was like 15 cause I didn't do anything so I got outside, got friends etc and I'm really happy now
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline rainbow dash

• the unlawful barbaric scumbag
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 11:49:02 PM »
Are you left handed or right handed?
Lolwut?

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 03:07:52 AM »
Are you left handed or right handed?
Lolwut?
Puberty hormones are later with left handed people, so as someone suggested it's the late hormones that could've caused it.
Nothing related to what you assumed xD

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 03:11:06 AM »
Right handed

I go outside often enough, I used to go out less than I do currently though lol

And yes I know it's not depression it's just all the same symptoms and shit, sometimes It's really bad other times it's okay (last few days)

Offline FanaticWarren

• ElitistFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 03:51:42 AM »
Are you experiencing changes to your menstrual cycle?

Spoiler for Hiden:
Thought a joke would cheer you up ;)

System Specs
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core processor @ 4.6 ghz
RAM: AMD Radeon™ RP1866 Performance Series 16GB
PSU: Ultra X4 750W
GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked + PNY GTX 550 TI for physx core

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal