Author Topic: Why Do We Just Kill It at the Source to End Our Problems?  (Read 4753 times)

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Why Do We Just Kill It at the Source to End Our Problems?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 08:20:21 PM »
I feel you should elaborate on your ideas further, because I have the misguided notion you want to hand guns and other things out to anyone who asks.  Of course, that is most likely not the idea.  In either case, I tentatively agree that we need to relax our standards and allow guns into the City.

Also, the vests were banned because of the elitism that they caused.  Of course, the process to get into the CCA is A LOT easier and I cannot say this enough:  Elitism is alive, well, and encouraged in the CCA.  I don't mean to sound elitist myself, but it appears that I am the only CP who really gives a damn about it.

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Why Do We Just Kill It at the Source to End Our Problems?
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 08:26:42 PM »
The story of the resistance uniform? Wat.

If you're reffering to how some people have resistance uniforms on the outlands, sit down and let me tell ye' a grand tale. Of course, this is just how some people got theirs and is most definetely not the way everybody got them.

In a land far, far away, Statua was given permission by RolfWaffle to form a resistance group within the outlands, said resistance group would be given access to a number of vests (I believe the number was around 3-4), he chose the people he thought best suited for the job and set out upon an adventure. Back in the outlands infancy, on OuterCanals, the alliance flourished along with a few other resistance type groups.
One of the other groups to hold vests would be the owners of Easy Station. I'm a little empty on the facts, but I believe they had a truce or were friendly with The Alliance.

Eventually the other groups fell apart and people became in-active, one in particular being Easy Station (I don't know if they had an offical name, but that was their station name). After a few spouts of drama and some (In my opinion) poor descesions, such as the (from what i've been told) shoot on sight warning to any citizen not in The Alliance, if they came near their headquaters. I'm pretty sure nothing ever came from that, though, and it was a mere paper warning across a bridge from their HQ.

After a few months and lots of hard work on the new map by Statua (Inue_Pass), The Alliance rounded up everybody on the server at the time and we headed out to the mountains, in an attempt to avoid further OTA raids (That being the IC reason).
Switching to the new map, however, caused a moderate about of drama when The Alliance claimed the bunker (Not the current bunker in the map, but a much larger, expansive and detailed bunker) as their own, not allowing anybody other than themselfs inside, weither of not any of them were on the server at the time.

Quickly after the "front door" so to speak was opened up to the public, this new area was the main-hangout for practically everybody on the server, Belles Town and Beans Land (Before it became that, anyway) were pretty much ghost-towns, other than the occasional resistance group that would sprout up. Once again, more drama was caused due to people getting upset that The Alliance was holding this massively expansive underground bunker to themselfs (which was hardly ever used), while restricting everybody else into one, cramped room surrounded by fences and key-codes to keep them out.

Soon another area within the bunker was opened for the public. This area was still roughly the same size (If not smaller) than the previous main-area, the difference being this room actually had a sofa and items for which people could use. If you're wondering what reside on for this situation, I would say it was handled poorly and that the bunker should of been completely allowed to the public from the start.

As time went on the outlands population dwindled and The Alliance disbanded. My memory becomes a little fuzzy at this point, from what I recall a group named "Jury" took over the bunker, keeping the same rules as The Alliance had. That group too, quickly disbanded and fell apart.
And then we're left with what we have today, the remaining Alliance members and a few others wandering the outlands as loners. The rest either acheiving their resistance vest through donations, or special permissions.

That's about all I can remember, it's most likely chalk full of spelling errors and some mis-infomation, enjoy.

Edit: Pretty sure The Alliance disbanded because Leonard "died", actually.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 08:29:18 PM by Monkey with a gun »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal