Author Topic: Houngan Bambara Ge-rouge's Outlands Appeal  (Read 2391 times)

Offline Reaver

• THE CRAB MOTHER
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Houngan Bambara Ge-rouge's Outlands Appeal
« on: September 23, 2012, 08:17:21 PM »
Steam Name: Reaver
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:49301608
Character Name: Houngan Bambara Ge-rouge
Reason for the switch: He isn't trusted by the community due to his religious views and his attitude, so he left to return to somewhere he knew well. The city.
If required, write a detailed backstory on how your character left the outlands:
Bambara, the Hougnan of City 45, left the sector for many reasons. One involved his belief that he could not appease his Gods, the Loa, in such an enclosed atmosphere. After arriving, he attempted to become friendly with the local populace, however, this was a feeble attempt, and he was shunned by all but a few, namely the Wilsons, due to his out-landish looks and barbaric customs. Due to his new wide-open surroundings, he decided he needed to craft a more suitable weapon, namely a bow and arrow. The Houngan approached a local man who possessed an ax in order to obtain the wood he would need. After bartering, he obtained the tool and later used it to hack down several trees, as well as many thick branches. Unfortunately, after a week of doing this, he failed to come acrossed suitable wood, as any that he found was dry and brittle, when he needed springy, flexible wood. Several days following, he decided to take a crack at it again, approaching a local man named Beans, who informed Bambara that his brother, Beef, held on his person a hatchet. Four days following this encounter, Bambara came acrossed Beef and Beans. Unfortunately for him, Bambara was forced to look for a different tool, one that he luckily found on another refugee. This one was taken by force, as was aforementioned man's heart, as a ritual was in need of being conducted. Several moons later, Bambara had, in his possession, a bow of ample wood and several strings with which he could use for said weapon.
(Implied RP between A Dark Tree's Vort and Bambara, due to my Gmod not opening OL, he gave consent.)
Bambara confronted a Vortigaunt, due to him not remembering his way back to the city. After several hours of planning and discussion, the Vort agreed to guide the African male back to the City, as long as his provisions were shared with the creature. It took them several days, and Bambara lost three of his seven ceremonial blades due to confrontations with other refugees and an odd animal here and there.

- Added bold text tags for better readability as Reaver is lazy to add them. Khubajsn
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 08:16:15 AM by Khubajsn »
A Freudian dick is when you say what's really on your mind instead of what you intended to say

Offline A Dark Tree

• WHITE
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Houngan Bambara Ge-rouge's Outlands Appeal
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 08:26:12 PM »
Hey, I just wanted to say that I did indeed consent to this, in case someone is doubting it.
Add me on steam, the name is Saaaaaaaaaaaan.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Houngan Bambara Ge-rouge's Outlands Appeal
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 06:40:42 PM »
I've researched a bit, since there's some bugs and this isn't checked up on.

I'll go ahead and accept this, due to speaking with both Alex and Smt regarding it.
The character has no weapons, except the auth'd knives and a single bow with a few strings.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal