Author Topic: [ACCEPTED]William Dicardi's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1157 times)

Giovanni Dicardi

[ACCEPTED]William Dicardi's Civil Authority Application
« on: June 21, 2012, 05:06:16 AM »
William Dicardi's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: 77_Cdt_Inspectorbilly60

IC Character Name: William Dicardi

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
My character, William Dicardi, wants to join the CCA because he's been turning in anti-citizens for awhile now and wants to actually respond to these situations. So far he turned in a "McAruthur" and has turned in contraband before. He gets detained only to further his cover as a anti-citizen and a dealer of illegal items, but he is released once the CCA looks at his file. He is currently working at the CAB, but is also applying to the CCA hoping he will be able to join them and leave the CAB. He is the only one out three who has looked to the CCA for protection in his family.

He has yet to commit a crime but has been accused of many based on the hatred of people he has turned in for minor contraband. The one thing that was a major push for him was when he was kidnapped in P3 and was brutally tortured by a couple of rouge citizens. He was trying to catch them in the act of dealing illegal substances, but it ended with him in an altercation and nearly dying. He was lucky enough to be saved by one of his friends who happened to have a spare key. He was about to turn him in for knowing his attackers but he could never find his were-abouts. Afterwards he continued on to continue his actions against any anti-citizens and dealers.

William has always wanted to be in the CCA, but he was never able to become involved because he was too busy turning in anti-citizens. He was also to terrified at thought of them rejecting his application. His past is as clean as his record, which was no problem. Techincally there was no problem to begin with, he just thought he would need more time in the city and more time to learn about the city. Overall, he feels the true reason to join the CCA would be that he would be able to respond to situations involving anti-citizens.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Positive Traits:
-Trustworthy
-Loyal
-Strong
-Knowledgable
-Crafty
-Patient
-Disciplined
-Serious
-------------------
Negative Traits:
-Passionate
-Kind
-Caring

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
If my character were to go in the CCA, i'd expect him to follow orders to the teeth. He really wouldn't question anyone above his rank. Below his rank he will cooperate as long as they don't try to order him as if they were several ranks above him. He would probably be one of those units who doesn't joke around AT ALL. Just strict in every way possible, but merciful.

I'd expect him to not ask questions and be on point. He will be where he needs to be at all times. It is easy to break him, but he won't lose his temper. He would revert more into a state of silence due to his past(Later explained in his back story). He won't be the best CCA Unit, but he would be a decent one.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Its June 14th, 1980, William Dicardi II is born in Athens, Greece in an orthodox hospital to William and Dawn-Dawson Dicardi. He continues to grow up a happy child, spoiled, but not rotten. At age five, his parents used to lie to him and tell him the world was this place full of wonder and peace, as if there was no violence in the world. As a child William would believe anything anyone told him, even his bullies. He believed they were his friends and he would do just about anything they told him. He would always ask them “Do friends do this to other friends?”, and they would always reply, “Don’t ask questions, it could get you hurt. Now go get us something to drink!” With a sullen look, he walked off to the nearby store and bought grape soda using all of his money his mother had given him for the week. Whenever he was alone, he used to think to himself, “Why must I do this for these kids? They don’t really give me anything in return? So why should I waste my time with the punks?” He pondered on this though for many days to come, and it finally came to action on his 6th birthday. He confronted his friends and shouted, “You know what? I don’t have to do this for you anymore I’m older than you all now! You can all go buy your own soda and your food! I’m done! As daddy used to say to mommy, if you do that again I will kill you here and now!” That was the day William gained his back bone and he finally mustered the courage to stand up to others. But that will soon change in due time. 
   It’s August 29th, 1996. William Dicardi II is now a teenager going through the causal teenage phase of rebellion. He despised every single authoritative figure he saw. He hated his teachers, he hated his principal, he hated his own parents, and he started to hate the world. Of course being a phase, he didn’t mean any of it. Deep down inside he was still that little, obedient child that his parents raised. There was one thing that could bring out his old self, his grandfather. His parents forced him to go to his grandfather’s house in Ortna A Mare, Abruzzi, Italy. On the boat, his mood changed the atmosphere of his cabin. It was silent and full of stress, just like his heart and his mind. He coursed through his thoughts and tried to think deeply and independently. By the time he was on a clear path of thought, the boat his port and he had to get off. He walked around the airport to find his grandfather staring at him with a menacing look while he leaned on his cane using both hand, hand over the other. He spoke with a great bass in his voice, “Come here William.” He quivered at the sight and sound of his grandfather’s voice.  He walked with fear in every step, but a sliver of courage in his heart causes him to proceed. He approached his grandfather and said, “Hello Grandfather.” He looked at him with false hatred and pride. His grandfather looked him with a deep, cold stare and said “No need to fake what you aren’t. I have seen you before, I know what you really are. Cut the bullshit before I cut if for you.” At the moment his teenage rebellious shell was broken and shattered. His inner core was then revealed. He remained silent the entire time he was in the car. His grandfather later said to him, “Get to work on the house, fuck up and I’ll kill you here.” Knowing he doesn’t joke, he got to work immediately. His life begins here; this is the moment that makes William Dicardi II, William Dicardi.
   Now a fully matured adult in the year 2015, William Dicardi now owns his own Private Eye Business in Rome, Italy and works cases on missing persons and murder victims. He has encountered some really heavy things, but it hasn’t really phased him…yet. One day a mother came in reporting of a missing daughter. She said, “My husband could’ve taken Susan, we were always arguing about custody over her. He used to touch her repeatedly and would try to hide her in the woods. She’s around 4’ 5 and is ten years old with brown hair and freckles." Hearing this William got right on the case. Without a skip in his heart he told the woman, “I will find you daughter, no need for you to pay ma’am.” He saw this as a good opportunity to increase his reputation amongst the masses as a good Private eye.  After his building’s hours were up, William went around town and asked people about the missing girl. He asked the family of the mother and interrogated the family of the father with no result. Then he made a drastic break in the case. An anonymous tip leads him to a small shack in the forest. Armed with nothing but a radio and hope, he kicks down the make shift door and charges in only to find nothing but broken furniture and a short note reading…You’re too late, she will be mine forever….frustrated William thinks deeply of where he possibly could’ve gone. But…there was no time for that, because something even bigger was just about to happen.
William heard thunder and in curiosity, he looked up only to witness something horrifying. He saw a multitude of large storms tannish clouds in the sky and black funnels. They objects started to come closer as William focused his attention to the sky. He noticed that these things were not of earth origin, and began to run. Helicopters and tannish air vehicles with white under-bellies swooped above him causing the air below him to blow him off his feet. Looking up he saw his car and made quick dash for the door. He fumbled and struggled with his keys and finally managed to unlock the car door and open it. He revved up his car and speed down the dirt path he came. Stress and sweat pulsating and perspiring, he knew where he had to go. He went to a place on the outskirts of a local town he didn’t know the name of only to find the village in total chaos. He stepped out of his car while on a hill and overlooked the village. He noticed something that sounded like radio chatter and turned around on the heel of his shoe, only to see the butt of his gun making contact to his temple rendering him unconscious.
He awakens a building he has never seen before. It is filled with futuristic technology which he looks upon in awe. He looks at the place with wonder, but that wonder is soon added with satisfaction as he sees his bully in a cell across from him. These soldiers, as he sees them, walk into his cell and take him from his bunk. The man was already bloodied and had a small skull cap and what appeared to be blue and grey body armor. They dragged him to another room right next to William’s cell. He puts his ear against the wall to see if he can hear anything. Noticing that it’s concrete he doesn’t hear words, but he does hear the mechanical whirring of a machine and the sparks of electricity. He then hears the blood curdling scream of pain and sheer brutality of a long agonizing death. All of the sudden, the sounds stop. He hears a door open and spots the two soldiers carrying the dead body of a man who made William’s childhood a living hell. They threw him into a chamber and fire spewed from all directions instantly turning the man into ashes. The soldiers walked over to William and ordered for him to get up. They said, “Apply.” William responded, “I…I’m sorry, I don’t know what that means.” In anger the soldier grabbed him by the collar and threw him out of his cell. The soldier said, “Minor re-education.” What sounded like static electricity came from behind him as he faced he was ordered to face the wall. The soldier’s armor made a sound that was of squeaking rubber as he pulled his arm back. He unleashed a shock of pain upon William’s back. He howled in pain as the feeling of cold metal and electricity entered his body. The soldier said, “One.” Another quick hand was brought down upon his back and he gave the same reaction, feeling the same pain. The soldier said in a slightly higher voice, “Two.” Yet another hand came down upon his back. The soldier said, “Three.” The soldier (OOC-Combine) then lowered his hand. The sound of a button clicking caused the sound of electricity to shut off. The soldiers dragged him into a room with a table and sat him down in a chair. The pain of cold metal touching his injured back was intense but he had to stand firm. Moments later another soldier with what seemed like a skirt entered the room. The soldier said, “Okay let me fill you in, we took over your planet in…what your people say….7 hours. You listen to us. Apply means to give your name and Citizen Identification number. Your number is 06144. This is your number, remember it. Now….apply.” William responds by saying, “Will….William Dicardi, 06144.” The soldier with a skirt says, “Good, now get out of here.” Two soldiers rush in and take William by his arms. He does not resist as they do so and he willingly walks with them to a giant door. They touched the glass on the side and the door slid down with ease. They walked inside the area and told him, “Do anything stupid and you will end up like your friend there.” William responds with a, “Yes sir.” The soldiers laugh at him and open the final door into the city; William walks outside and is greeted by a CWU worker. He took him to their infirmary and treated his wounds upon William’s request. They gave him a request device, a small bag, and a flash light. They told him how to use his request device and they told him what was illegal. He thanks them and leaves the building. He later walks into what seemed to him as an apartment complex. Fortunately enough he walked on what seemed to be a drug deal. He used his request device by giving his name, citizen identification, and location. He then spoke into the device and whispered, “I think two men are pulling a drug deal down here. It looks like pill boxes and large green ammo boxes.” Then one of the two men walked down the hallway after completing the transaction and said to William, “Rat us out to the Combine and I will have your head.” William looked at him with wide eyes and backs up. He then realized that the soldiers were called The Combine. He thought to himself, “I should join their ranks; maybe it could keep me alive.” William then continues to do things for the combine; he even went under cover for them and lured anti-citizens into the backroom of a local shop and called the Combine. With this he was told that he had been awarded 4 loyalist points and was on the verge of getting his loyalist armband. At this point, William decided that he should finally make his application to join the CCA. He hopes that finally he will be able to be among the ranks of the CCA.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
This is my 4th year.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
4 years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
3 years.

4. What Time zone are you in?
(UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

5. In what country do you live?
United States of America

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
I remember when I was the CmD on another server. That was pretty fun while I was there. But I bet I can do something better with CG.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: William Dicardi
CID: 06144
Height: 6'2
Hair Colour No Hair
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 151 lbs.
Mental Distinctions: None
Mental Defects: None
Mental Advantages: Crafty (Silver Tounge)
Notable Qualities: Loyal and Compliant

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
Because this class, in my opinion, gives me a new range of RP which I could explore and use to create additional RP for other CCA as I progress through the ranks.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, William Dicardi hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 01:25:30 AM by Jonco »

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: William Dicardi's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 02:53:17 AM »
UNIT: 621
DIVISION:  ZEALOT
CLEARANCE:  DvL
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: <William Dicardi>
Citizen Identification Number: 06144

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <ZEALOT.DvL.621>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST

Offline jonco

• Original Gangster
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [ACCEPTED]William Dicardi's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 01:27:12 AM »
UNIT: 71813
DIVISION: Universal Union
CLEARANCE: Commander
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...