Author Topic: Outlands, Dead?  (Read 4800 times)

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Outlands, Dead?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 08:46:41 PM »
I think the main problem is the map, its so boring it doesnt have much life. Say a map with a little more buildings that arent randomly placed.

Cough COAST Cough. I mean, with Coast, you get to see the sun, the water, you get to look out at the beach. What the fuck can you do in Canals? Splash in the toxic waste while being blown to death by helicopters?
Sounds funner tbh now that you say that xD

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 08:51:30 PM »
I think the main problem is the map, its so boring it doesnt have much life. Say a map with a little more buildings that arent randomly placed.

Cough COAST Cough. I mean, with Coast, you get to see the sun, the water, you get to look out at the beach. What the fuck can you do in Canals? Splash in the toxic waste while being blown to death by helicopters?
Sounds funner tbh now that you say that xD
Order of operations on canals.
1.Spawn then realize that this is not where you were when you disconnected because the server crashed.
2. Run 3 miles.
3. Meet a not so friendly helicopter.
4. Get shot at by a helicopter.
5. Type in ooc that this is not fun.
6. Some smart ass says try passive rp.
7. Finally find a weapon.
8. get mugged lose everything.
9. Rinse and repeat.
10. Profit?

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 08:53:29 PM »
This is kind of sad but it took me like, 10 minutes to get out of the spawn this morning because it was so dark and the exit tunnel had to light until you got up close to it. So I just jumped around in circles. Canals suck.

Offline Govahkiin

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 07:25:45 AM »
Sounds like a day at the canal's :P

We need a better map  :'(

XBL: MeOw MiiX

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 05:23:22 PM »
The day we get a coast map is the day Outlands will kill its are selve. As I've explained previously, coast maps are not designed for roleplay.
o7

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 05:26:33 PM »
The day we get a coast map is the day Outlands will kill its are selve. As I've explained previously, coast maps are not designed for roleplay.

Coming from the guy who said screw canon.
Coast maps do bring RP, they have some but i think the canals bring way more roleplay rather than having new people run into a beach filled with hunters and leeches in the water.

If the RP gets boring try making a profession like making makeshift stuff.. on my other char who escaped to the outlands he made a early stage of a water powered generator using water wheels.  Best thing with professions is you can play by yourself and pretend your saving the human race.

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 05:34:07 PM »

That's funny because Outlands on hostell was a lot more successful than ours, and it was on COAST.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 05:35:53 PM »
Hey, I'm witty cuz I know bb code lol!
Also, you should know that this sort of forum sarcasm contributed to your previous ban, and continues to contribute to your lack of respect in the community.

Coming from the guy who said screw canon.

Hmm, I never said that.
What I did say was that there is less true, Valve-official canon than people assume. The canon that does exist should be held at a lower priority than roleplay/ gameplay itself.
If you are still confused, PM or sf me about it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 05:45:36 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline The Sage

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 09:09:33 PM »
A new map MIGHT boost the player base. I have seen this kind of thing before,if there is a popular map that everyone has they would rather go to a crappy server with a good map then a good server with a bad map.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal