Author Topic: Outlands, Dead?  (Read 4800 times)

Offline Govahkiin

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Outlands, Dead?
« on: August 15, 2011, 12:25:19 PM »
Been on Outlands a lot with my friend, and the MAX players i've seen is 12, there's hardly anyone on.

Why?

Theres a lot of people on City server, do a lot know about Outlands? Why dont people come on it?

Starting to get Awful Lonely.
 >:(

XBL: MeOw MiiX

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Outlands, Dead?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 12:28:26 PM »
Because the outlands rp gets boring very rapidly because theres nothing to do, Its not even fun to play as a vortigaunt.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 01:42:10 PM »
Because the outlands rp gets boring very rapidly because theres nothing to do, Its not even fun to play as a vortigaunt.
Probably because you just don't know how to RP as a Rebel.

Offline Cats Pajamas

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 02:06:39 PM »
Because admins don't give as much attention to it as the city is my guess. Also city 18 is a map everyone has and noone has outercanals. :( Makes me sad cause with people outlands is a lot better than city.
Glenn Irene Jr. Savior of the Outlands!

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 02:32:26 PM »
If you want a way better experience, make authorizations and make sure you do a good job on it. I wrote one for a scientist type person... And he was accepted and got the kliener model and now he can icly make things that no other person could really icly do.

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 03:21:28 PM »
I reckon if there was an event on the city server that could directly lead on to, or involve the outlands map/server after, it would get more attention then it does at the moment, e.g:

Power grid goes down, few resistance members help a few citizens out of the city. (Considering of course theres the passive side of resistance rp, caring for the citizens. Rather then just CP vs Rebel, or Elite-ist rebel vs Citizens.)

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 03:32:44 PM »
To me, out lands isn't as fun as city. DvL>COTA. Also half the population is lolwebuls.
<::|| HL2RP Characters ||::>

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040
Taking it easy as the DvL of the best division.

Derek Hampson
Wandering around C18, mentally confused.

Kendra Shawkins
Unknown Location, last seen diving into a body of water.

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590
On a rooftop, cloaked and sniper in hand.

ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS CHARACTER DATA..RESTRICTED..

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 04:03:56 PM »
Outlands =/= Fun RP

Nothing good happens anymore, nobody seems to be building the stations again; everyone is searching for these random-loot things, while I walk around, looking for any sign of fucking life.
Hell, I'd go for getting mugged now, at least I get to RP and I see another person.
Too many people don't RP; they look around for their weapons and loot, but what the hell are they going to do with that loot if they don't RP with anyone? Stick it in their inventory and quit the community? The most RP I've had in the past three weeks on Outlands was having a brief conversation with someone, then, I go to City RP for a week or so, come back, Outlands is dead, there's about five people on it.
Maybe a new map could help? Something more common that other people have?
New map =/= rp_apocalypse

TL;DR, Outlands is in the shits right now in terms of RP.

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 05:34:41 PM »
Map is most likely not going to be switched. I had no idea that there would be random gun drops;It just encourages lolwebuling.
<::|| HL2RP Characters ||::>

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040
Taking it easy as the DvL of the best division.

Derek Hampson
Wandering around C18, mentally confused.

Kendra Shawkins
Unknown Location, last seen diving into a body of water.

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590
On a rooftop, cloaked and sniper in hand.

ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS CHARACTER DATA..RESTRICTED..

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 07:41:31 PM »
It would be fun if the vorts got sweps to actually use their healing and their electrical attacks. Everyone acts like were stray dogs in the middle of nowhere, I tell them if they touch me again ill zap em but they still fucking mess with me.
* Teh Penguin whistles then says its alright I wont hurt you, just come here fella.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 08:05:01 PM »
I might change some rules in the alliance to make it more fun for random players.

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 08:15:44 PM »
Outlands used to be fun on Hostell because we had it set on the Coast isntead of Canals. And the previous owner Pidgey got a fishing mod to keep people busy.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 08:19:16 PM »
fishing mod to keep people busy.

Sounds like a suggestion ;)

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 08:35:59 PM »
I think the main problem is the map, its so boring it doesnt have much life. Say a map with a little more buildings that arent randomly placed.

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 08:44:25 PM »
I think the main problem is the map, its so boring it doesnt have much life. Say a map with a little more buildings that arent randomly placed.

Cough COAST Cough. I mean, with Coast, you get to see the sun, the water, you get to look out at the beach. What the fuck can you do in Canals? Splash in the toxic waste while being blown to death by helicopters?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal