Author Topic: A simple idea: NO PK WEEK  (Read 5448 times)

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A simple idea: NO PK WEEK
« on: March 23, 2012, 05:09:27 PM »
Whenever I join the server, I always see somthing into five minutes of the game. Is it the annoying black bars? No. What about citizens running around aimlessly? Nope. What I see in the chatbar is yet another person being PK'ed aimlessly. Just because, 'it was RP'ed correctly.'

PK's shouldn't be handed out for the fact that it was RP'ed properly. But that NLR can't be done. Wait, when was the last time I have even heard the word NLR on the server? I honestly can't remember. But to move back on topic: I would like to see if the server could... Well, experiment. By placing a simple rule in for all of next week:

NO PK'S ALL WEEK

If we simply tried this, what would things be like? Well for one, we would drastically reduce the ammount of raging and Pk appeals. Second, we didn't have to rush to create new characters. Maybe if we just, tried to do what the average HL2RP server does and use NLR. Things would work better?
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline Swoots

• pounding horse pussy since 1847
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A simple idea: NO PK WEEK
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 05:11:51 PM »
This is a bad idea, people would do whatever because they know their characters will not be permakilled for their actions.
Lots of people will also begin to break the NLR.

Offline [TNS-D] Sanitorium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 05:14:47 PM »
Simple fix for 'aimless' PKs: Make it a TK.
i like men.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 06:47:15 PM »
The fear factor of losing your character is actually sort of a big deal. I know I was legitimately scared when I first came here to Catalyst and learned about PK's. The last thing I wanted was to lose my character that I put a decent bit of RP into, trying to create a good back story for. It might be seen as harsh, the whole PK thing, but the fear it strikes in just about everyone who isn't a minge is what helps to keep order on the server. As Swoots said, people would abuse the NLR rule and do pretty much whatever they wanted, knowing they wouldn't lose their character.

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 01:09:15 PM »
PKs keep the server in line. Attempting to enforce the NLR would be impractical, and more than compensates for the efforts saved handling PK appeals.
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 10:28:12 PM »
PKs keep the server in line. Attempting to enforce the NLR would be impractical, and more than compensates for the efforts saved handling PK appeals.

By Impratical you mean a lot of rage going on in the PK appeals? NLR works better because people can still use there characters.

people would abuse the NLR rule and do pretty much whatever they wanted, knowing they wouldn't lose their character.

If they're seen breaking NLR then its a ban. So they have more to think about then just losing there character.

\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 12:47:42 AM »
'Impractical', as in, tracking down a person who was just killed, keeping some form of watch on them, and then having to discipline them; while doing this to *every* killed person for a good five minutes or so.
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 09:25:55 PM »
'Impractical', as in, tracking down a person who was just killed, keeping some form of watch on them, and then having to discipline them; while doing this to *every* killed person for a good five minutes or so.

PK'ing failRpers is fine with me, but what I mean is the good roleplayers that can spend a majority of there time developing. Is it fair for you to lose your character just because you were slightly dis-ordering in the ration line?
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline Hotpocket

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 04:46:22 PM »
I'm still kind of new here, but I'd like to suggest PI's. Sense it seems lot's of Pk's are given out, why not try to give out some more PI's. For example, say a citizen cut in the ration line, or something of the sorts...probably worse then that.  Anyway, imagine the Metro Police taking that citizen into the nexus, and torturing them, maybe cutting an ear or finger off. Obviously something little for a small crime, but as the crime gets bigger, so should the punishment.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:48:37 PM by Hotpocket »

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 05:53:39 PM »
Most of the PK's are citizens who are doing level one verdicts, are anti-citizens or are avoiding detainment (such as running when being tied)
I've never! Seen a citizen get PK'ed for disobeying inside the ration line, as you say.
What I've seen is, that the citizen just gets kicked out of the line. If there is more problems than that, the rations will be shut down.
I haven't seen any "fail" PK's on citizens, since most of them are legal to what they've done.

Offline Syphon

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 08:59:13 AM »
Nope. No PK week sounds a lot like TnB.

Nope nope nope. If you don't want to be PK'ed, don't get caught. Simple as that.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 03:52:55 AM »
Nope. No PK week sounds a lot like TnB.

Nope nope nope. If you don't want to be PK'ed, don't get caught. Simple as that.

By not getting caught, you mean lettning your RP down a little by not PTL'ing?

Honestly, it should be the exact oposite of what it is now. If it isn't RPed properly by the person being killed, its a PK. If they RP'ed it properly and its not really worth losing your entire character, it isn't a PK.

Also, I suggest you look at some of these PK appeals. I'm not sure if I can post links to them but if I could, some of these are god-awful reasons why people are PK'ed. Such as mentally un-fits not even being such at all.
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline [WDZ] LavaLord4

• w h a t
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 01:24:57 AM »
I've never! Seen a citizen get PK'ed for disobeying inside the ration line, as you say.
What I've seen is, that the citizen just gets kicked out of the line. If there is more problems than that, the rations will be shut down.
I haven't seen any "fail" PK's on citizens, since most of them are legal to what they've done.

I was PK'd for throwing a prop Breen's Water away.
But I said 'Fuck it.' and made a female character.

Offline CUBE XE

• Better than a box!
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 11:55:50 AM »
I think somone would find a way to mess it up. Last few times iv'e been on the server there is a small group of kids messing with people.
Me sadness....

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 01:47:36 PM »
The idea will result in chaos. Think of what we have now as a 'hardcore mode'. Essentially, if your character gets caught, then that story line's good and resolved - the last thing we want is an anti-citzen with infite lives. Our PK sytem keeps things fresh, and regularly turns the wheel around.

What you're suggesting, is PKing RDMs, and punishing the CCA for bringing characters to justice.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal