Author Topic: Aperture science enrichment center?  (Read 3217 times)

Offline OMGOSH1911

• View Profile
    • Awards
Aperture science enrichment center?
« on: January 26, 2012, 04:42:52 PM »
I was banned for 48 hours, Because my character used to work at aperture science. I was told that aperture science is fake. That I can't have Aperture science in my background story.

This is my background story(unfinished):
Aperture Science enrichment center, that's where he worked. For 9 years he watched tester, after tester. Watching them do flips, face-plants, and swan-dives. Taking notes for every single little thing that they did. So he tried to quit, but it was harder than he previously thought. Aperture had a contracts. They had him for  at least 10 years. Forced to stay at Aperture he tried to meet other scientists, like one of his co-workers, He didn't really know him that well, So he tried to approach him one day but realized he was already talking to someone (or something) else. He spoke about secret tunnels and ways to travel throughout the facility without being seen. He (my character) called his co-workers “Ratman” because he knew exactly where to go. Even in the test chambers. As the year progressed he (my character) began learning the back entrances to almost the whole facility. On the day of the escape, the scientists where studying computer artificial intelligence.

This is what I think:
Aperture science made the teleportation technology, Black mesa stole something like a prototype they tried to use it(in Half Life 1), And that's how the combine and headhumpers got to earth. Well what I'm really trying to say is: Is my background story able to be used in The HL2RP?
Please Don't copy my background story!

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Aperture science enrichment center?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 05:20:15 PM »
Aperture Science is not fake, although I'm pretty sure most, if not all of them died due to GLaDOS unleashing deadly neurotoxin into the Enrichment Center. However I believe there is more to the story then just being banned for 2 days due to having it in your backstory.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 05:23:07 PM »
well its a dumb backstory either way, because its all incorrect...

Offline OMGOSH1911

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 05:32:47 PM »
well its a dumb backstory either way, because its all incorrect...
How is it ALL incorrect? Plus it is not finished.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 06:11:56 PM »
its just dumb and not canonical for the that, plus most scientists where killed...

"Black mesa stole something like a prototype they tried to use it(in Half Life 1), And that's how the combine and headhumpers got to earth."

portalstorms

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 07:25:27 PM »
And I'm pretty sure you'd need an auth app for something like this.

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 07:31:18 PM »
Aperture Science is not fake, although I'm pretty sure most, if not all of them died due to GLaDOS unleashing deadly neurotoxin into the Enrichment Center. However I believe there is more to the story then just being banned for 2 days due to having it in your backstory.

Actually, nobody ever said a group of them could have been laid off/resigned/was not in the labs at the time.
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 02:27:05 AM »
K, so you're definately not telling the whole story because only a new admin would ban you for having an unauthorized character.

Now, about the character. It's a problem. First of all, if you want something out of the ordinary (such as an ex-scientist or a special ability) you need to make an authorization application for it. Second, you obviously don't understand there is an actual canonical story for HL2RP. The "headhumpers" were brought to earth due to portal storms caused by the resonance cascade which was ultimately caused by a xen crystal brought to earth which has nothing to do with aperture sciences. Aperture had nothing to do with the combine or xen creatures, as far as we know. However, aperture sciences was evacuated due to portal storms, thus scientists may still be alive.

The admin who banned you must be new or undertrained. One, aperture sciences is in canon with the Half-Life series (The container in the end of EP2 has the aperture symbol on it) and two, the scientists were in fact not killed but evacuated. The test subjects were left for dead though (Chell in Portal 2) The neurotoxin couldn't have killed everyone. If it did, how did they install the morality core on GLaDOS?

Some of you need to read up on your canon. Especially the adminastrator who said "Aperture doesn't exist."

TL;DR visit this website: http://www.members.shaw.ca/halflifestory

Offline Cowgirl*^_^*

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 05:02:05 AM »
He could have worked for the company prior to it being called aperture science when cave johnson was running it.
Also their is a few years time span that aperture science was running fine with Gladius it wasn't like as soon as she was turned on everyone died.
Also anyone who say's aperture science is fake and banned you is a tard and should have their half life revoked.

Fucka you haters XD

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 05:04:43 AM »
Anyone related to Black Mesa or Aperture Science was killed, just like military personal and law enforcement members.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 05:11:48 AM »
Let me clear this up. Admins who issued ban was me, and Blt.

We were arguing with this guy roughly for 30-40 minutes, explaining that he cannot has 'orange jumpsuit from Aperture Science', and his character was not working there, unless he made authorization application and it was accepted.

We tried asking him kindly to change his physical description and backstory, but all the time he was denying to do so, derailing the topic and not allowing himself to be explained that he is not allowed to have such character without proper application.

We gave him choice, either face punishment for non-canon backstory and asspulling orange suit, or change it and go with HL2 canon story. He denied to change the backstory and physical description, therefore we issued punishment. 40 minutes of explaining and asking him to change the backstory or physical description were enough for him to understand.
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal