Author Topic: Catalyst Gaming Roleplay  (Read 24672 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Catalyst Gaming Roleplay
« on: January 15, 2014, 05:18:58 PM »

A new beginning...

OCRP2 is a mess. Stevo, Waffle, and several others have been trying to resolve its many issues it has to get it running smoothly. The database is designed in a way it has to be completely rewritten along with anything attached to it to add anything. Lately, mySQL has been giving it troubles as well. After discussing with Waffle about it, we finally decided to scrap OCRP2 for good and completely rewrite the gamemode. Since we're not Orange Cosmos, the name will be changed to Catalyst Gaming Roleplay (debatable) just cause that's the name of our community.

This rewrite unfortunately means inventories, wallets, cars, etc will all be gone. Those who have donated for cash will be rewarded with CGRP cash. Unfortunately, this is how it has to be. However it's very much for the better. A fresh, optimized, well designed gamemode is in need.

All that being said, this means we have a fresh slate for whatever you guys want. (almost) Anything and everything can be done for this gamemode. Boards for suggestions and official information can be found HERE and we highly advise you guys get involved in to make this exactly what you want. Remember, this isn't being build off OCRP2. It's being built from the ground up so if you want to see OCRP2 systems in place, start a discussion about it.

In conclusion, we apologize for the loss of OCRP2 and all your inventories. We hope you all get involved with discussions though to help produce the next best RLRP gamemode out there.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 09:01:37 PM by Statua [...] »

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Catalyst Gaming Roleplay
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 05:31:04 PM »
gives us a chance to start over, in my opinion. And besides, if the gamemode is going to be fundamentally changing then I don't see how people would except to be keeping their stuff

it'll be good to have a working, fun, and developed gamemode

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 06:01:53 PM »
I hope that CGRP will be better developed than OCRP2 was, preferably to the point of being playable at launch.

I am looking forward to this, though. How much will be it be like OCRP?

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 06:37:52 PM »
I think it would be best to look over the OCRP2 suggestions and anything that had a solid amount of +support throw it into the new gamemode. Nothing wrong with changing the gamemode around to make it it's own, but I think keeping it OCRP-like would be the best route.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 07:33:10 PM »
I hope that CGRP will be better developed than OCRP2 was, preferably to the point of being playable at launch.

well this time its not crap-head working on it so stuff might actually get tested before being released etc

anyway, this should be interesting to see, though i would like to see it similar to OCRP

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 10:41:20 PM »
So when will I be getting my $20 worth of creds?  I donated the first day of the either release or cars... I forgot.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 11:16:38 PM »
Working with terribly written code is difficult, that's why I'm remaking HRP2.

Nice to see a restart, however. OCRP was getting old and we needed something new. Best of luck with CGRP.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 11:18:32 PM »
Waffle should totally sell a copy of OCRP2, someone might buy it and try to "fix" it lol.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Scary Ghost

• Noting scarehr den meh
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 06:53:36 AM »
When do I also get my $20 worth of credits, I bought them to get a PMP... Will I still get them back?
sanic is best gotta go fast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU7EHKFNMQg

HL2-RP Characters:
Geoffery Landers-big cunt

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 06:59:08 AM »
Will we keep any vehicle credits/whatever their equivalent is on CGRP? I still had about $10k in vehicle credits from the TDM switchover update.

[Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.]

READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 07:27:50 AM »
Nothing that wasn't specifically donated for will not be reimbursed. The gamemode is going to be completely different and therefore it's physically impossible.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline turhral=S=C=

• FAHKING
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 12:04:48 PM »
It is sad to see that another old and a good gamemode that I quite liked has gone away as well. But it is for the best that there will be a full reset. Yes, it will take a helluva time, but at least we will have a stable gamemode, and probably more "easy to fix".

P.S. Any EST on when HL2RP might come back on?
We shall bring HL2RP back.
We must.

Offline Sambolinski

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 12:17:46 PM »
Looks cool, can't wait.
Best of luck.

Offline knoxed

• #YOLO
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 01:49:54 PM »
did craphead make it too crappy for you guys?

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 02:58:49 PM »
I'm working on getting HL2RP forum/benefit integration done, should hopefully finish it this weekend. After that it's up to waflrofl to go from there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal