Author Topic: GMR2: VIP Beta is close, maps are needed.  (Read 3627 times)

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
GMR2: VIP Beta is close, maps are needed.
« on: April 08, 2012, 03:11:52 PM »
With a GMR2 VIP beta coming up soon, we will need some maps to keep us going.

Currently, we have 1 map laying on the box for the release, we got 1 that is shitty and only for developing, and i'm awaiting an amazing map from Snapster that should be in my inbox soon. But thats not enough.

To start off the VIP beta we will want at least 10 maps. And considering we only have 2 at the moment, its time for the mappers to get going. I know we got some great mappers at CG.

So what are you waiting for? Check out the mapping section for GMR2 right here: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?board=274.0
All information that you will need to create a map is here: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=12827.0 (The FDG file is not needed, its just instructions). Remember, only realistic textures.

If you don't want to create a full new map, you can just start off with making an old GMR1 map ready for GMR2. I've uploaded 20 GMR1 maps that you can work from: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=12929.0
Use the entity information from the other thread, and you will just need to retexture the map.

In regards to the VIP beta. Everybody thats a VIP+ will have access to it + anyone that has made a map for GMR2 will have access. No matter if you are a VIP or not. So don't be afraid of creating a map. If you don't know how, just ask around. I'm sure theres plenty of people that will be able to help you.

When you've created a map, or just started on one. Please, do post a thread in the GMR2 mapping section with some pictures, and if its fully done, include a download link. If its working with no problems for GMR2, it will be added onto the map rotation.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GMR2: VIP Beta is close, maps are needed.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 05:01:21 PM »
To make things clear. These maps are suppose to be realistic maps with no dev textures, correct?

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 05:04:47 PM »
To make things clear. These maps are suppose to be realistic maps with no dev textures, correct?

Yes.

If you are making a GMR2 map from scratch, you just do realistic textures from the beginning.
If you are making a GMR1 map work with GMR2, you just replace all dev textures.

Aka no dev textures, only realistic textures. Try to only use HL2 (not the episodes), and CSS.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 09:36:22 AM »
I could probably grab some of the old maps and give them better textures. Im not really good at using hammer but i can give it try when i get time. When do you want these maps?

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 09:41:29 AM »
I could probably grab some of the old maps and give them better textures. Im not really good at using hammer but i can give it try when i get time. When do you want these maps?

Remember, needs the ents to be redone for the new ones as well.

Also, as soon as possible. When i have 10 maps on the server, then whenever the gamemode is ready for the VIP Beta, it will be up.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 11:08:13 AM »
I could probably do it friday/saturday and have it done those days, depends on how busy i will be this week. I'll download them, retexture a few and ents aswell and such.

Offline knoxed

• #YOLO
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 05:50:51 PM »
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 05:56:23 PM »
http://dramaunlimited.org/phoenix-dawn-garrys-mod-racer-2-release/

Test maps on your own :D
Dead link.
Besides, is this even allowed?

Yes, it's allowed.
Anyways the gamemode is broken, and you can't test your map with it, as it's broken and different to our version.

You make a map, double check it, send it to me, il test it and report back if it works or not.

Don't get offtopic with some leak from DU.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal