Author Topic: HL2RP City Map Update  (Read 5745 times)

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
HL2RP City Map Update
« on: June 16, 2012, 07:43:10 PM »
RP_City45_Catalyst_x1e_r
"What's RSO?"

Credits to Kaz/KFrohman for x1d and previous versions as well as the original mappers.
This version contains several new features that are designed with Catalyst Gaming's HL2RP server in mind.

http://www.mediafire.com/?81z9ufbb687v4qc

Changelog
- Civil Protection now have access to a garage which is opposite the CWU HQ.

- Removed secret tunnel entrance at District One. Tunnel now links to P3 and the Diordna.

- Four admin rooms for when you're AFK or teaching new players and you don't want to be seen on the RDT rooftop or CA office.

- Increase in security measures for the Nexus armoury.

- Precinct 3 HAP has undergone an angle change to line up with the Citadel wall and the Nexus corner.

- The front of the Nexus has been realigned from 23 degrees (or some silly number that had a decimal) to 45 degrees - huge credits to Kaz for this because now I can actually fix things without it breaking more things! :D

- Nexus medbay and the CWU HQ has undergone retexturing.

- Better skybox, more accustomed to the night atmosphere and mood.

- The crash-inducing furnace has been replaced with a much more stable and 'server-friendly' pit of acid. DON'T KILL PEOPLE IN THIS OTHERWISE THEY HAVE TO RECONNECT!

- The dumpster in the plaza now removes any items tossed into it by the placement of a trigger_remove.

- ZEALOT now has their own control room downstairs in the Hand to Hand area of the Nexus.

- Several areaportals added to the Nexus to improve optimisation.

- Removal of the light bulb which opened the secret room in the D6 underground bar. The new method of entry will be more difficult to locate.

- Overwatch deployment area next to the Nexus cafeteria.

- Sector 2 removed altogether, though the CWU HQ will remain.

- Night skybox has been put in place of the overly cheery day skybox. Lighting has been adjusted accordingly to create a darker atmosphere and mood.

- Some CWU HQ textures were changed to contrast better against the exterior brick wall and interior plaster walls.

- UCH now has a CCA booth in which the entire building can be locked down by the press of a button.

- The activation of the thumpers/exogen restriction field is joined by an announcement over the loudspeakers in several locations in the plaza.

- CA camera glitch where the screen wouldn't render should be fixed (though I think this was a serverside lag issue and not something wrong with the map)

- 'Too many vertices' errors should be lessened when travelling through the plaza (some of the plaza models have been given LOD properties)

- More efficient and less performance demanding lighting in District 6.

- Trainstation still has electrified rails, however there have been improvements in lighting and brushwork in this area.

- Nexus entrance now has a working areaportal. After doing this and running some tests, I got a 40 fps boost in the plaza. (tested on a quad core i5 @ 2.80ghz - other people have said it was a 20 fps boost or so for them on lower-grade PCs)

- Nexus door has been widened and the glitch that Kaz had with a part of the door not showing up properly has now been fixed.

- Nexus lighting has been tuned to create a 'cold' feeling in some areas.

- Environment lighting has been tuned for the night skybox.

- Custom decals have been placed over the Nexus side wall facing the UCH.

- Water/lighting glitch in the D6 canals is now fixed.

- Fixed an issue causing a func_viscluster in the D6 canals not to work effectively. After testing, I got a 10 fps boost in this area.

- Several floating prop placement issues have been fixed.

- Removed a shipyard that Kaz thought would be a good idea to put in the D6 canals as an extension. Reasons for its removal simply came down to the fact it wasn't going to help performance at all or do anything good for anticitizen RP.

- Buildings have been added to the 3D skybox in the plaza and D6, thus creating a walled-in feeling and one of entrapment.

- Most L4D2 content has been removed and replaced by similar textures.

- A dark secret...

Download link will be available once the map is confirmed to be working on the server. Kronic has been kind enough to upload it onto the server box already, map data still needs doing though.

all quoted from ozjackal except for the download link

map is broken, will be fixed at a later date - if your models are broken, remove the map from your garrysmod/maps folder.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 09:24:31 PM by Kronic »

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: HL2RP City Map Update
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 07:46:47 PM »
Hate to point things out, but you said P3 at first, then you started saying District 6 and D6. Also where it say <DOWNLOAD LINK GOES HERE SOON OK> is blank, though the download link is at the bottom of the post.

EDIT: Changed right as I commented
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 08:04:09 PM »
Awesome, finally we get a night version that hopefully wont RSO too often :D

Good work.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 08:18:43 PM »
When you walk through the D6 tunnels (the segment that leads from the canal section to the section with the bar, shop, apartments, etc) there's a weird glitch where the textures disappear and you see the skybox and some floating buildings. Anybody else getting that?

edit: also the new nexus med bay textures make it look like a kitchen floor
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 08:22:15 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 08:19:35 PM »
Armory Code is too simple... I advice to change it, like, now.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 08:24:21 PM »
Click to see the original size.

Click to see the original size.

things

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 09:23:40 PM »
I'm in the process of fixing the armoury code (idk how it got changed, it's missing the three other numbers in the logic entity) and the areaportal between the second D6 tunnel (which I assume should be a func_brush instead of a func_areaportalwindow).

The balcony door was a pre-existing issue and that is easily fixed. The acid pit using the trigger_remove on the player deathcam has already been fixed. I don't know why it's messing up the citizen models so please don't spam me with your hate ye, thx.

Update:
## FIXED ##
- fixed nexus balcony door not moving correctly
- fixed acid pit (trigger_remove getting rid of player deathcam caused a clientside crash)
- catwalk support beam in the middle of plaza removed
- fixed broken areaportal in second d6 tunnel
- armoury code changed (was missing information in the logic entities)
- medbay textures changed
- added ladder up to UCH lockdown office so that the building can be unlocked from outside
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 10:38:49 PM by OzJackal »

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 10:51:52 PM »
Aw, still no trains. However, nice updates and fixes; I'd love to see it soon :D
Matther 'Shadow' McDermit
Outlands, Alive; helping refugees and giving out supplies.

Walton Pier
Publicly shot and killed after being forced to jump off the Nexus from having too much contrabands

Matt Pir
City 45, Alive; protesting the Combine.

Megan Jills
City 45, Alive; grows tired of Combine rule

Walker Moep
City 45, Loyalist; Helping the UU clean

Offline Archimedes Elite

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 11:22:36 PM »
Good work, but is there anyway you can either
1. Make the main area (water fountain) brighter, its just too dark.
or
2. create a shifting skybox that only turns dark when it is night.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012, 06:39:09 AM »
Good work, but is there anyway you can either
1. Make the main area (water fountain) brighter, its just too dark.
or
2. create a shifting skybox that only turns dark when it is night.

2 will create too many problems mainly RSO, and im not sure what you mean by water fountain?

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2012, 10:46:50 PM »
Credits to Purple for the idea of the Garage for CCA and the offices:))))))))))
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal