Author Topic: OCRP semi serious removal discussion  (Read 7293 times)

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: OCRP semi serious removal discussion
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 06:33:37 PM »
Or maybe your just useless?
Tell me this, how do you expect to get more members when your going against what the current members want?

The poll has clearly shown that the current members prefer the semi-serious and your just taking it away because you "THINK" the community wants what "easier" for you admins. It's true.

Community has spoken Nick and you and rofl and other admins are going against it. So infact, you are going to soon lose members then gain.
Now before you hate, just stating the obvs.
Are you really that close-minded to not realize that this isn't about what people want, but what brings in new players.
Look out of your eyes and see for yourself! How popular is OCRP now? Exactly, an AVERAGE of 25 people.
And when OCRP had 2 servers? Both added to each other, a PEAK of what, 15?

The poll asks you what people like more. But the question that is being discussed here, is what brings in more new players, and hence donation money to keep this community alive?

With this said, the entire poll is invalid. Good day.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 09:07:21 AM »
Here, let me quite myself and put some bold tags in my text. Lets see if this will help up on getting you people to actually READ my threads instead of just yelling and pointing fingers.

Quote from: Read this k
What was meant to happen
The people that wanted to play in a good RP way, and RP with other people would join this. The new players and those types that just wanted to grow and fail drive would stay on v2d until they were ready to play on a more serious server running a better map and a few more "features" (d/n).
So it would be split between most of the old players that would join v33x to enjoy OCRP in a hole "new" way.
There would still be players on v2d which would then bring new players to that server (most new rpers join v2d because its "small" and can run on bad PCs). Those players would then be "trained" up to RP good enough to play on v33x and it would run around like this.

What happened
Everybody rushed over to v33x and nothing changed. People just grew at the luxurious houses in the suburban and nobody followed the traffic laws.
V2d got deserted most of the times (below 10 players), and we had a very little income of new players, and no new people to donate (no money, no box, no cg).

To make a TL;DR because obviously its to hard to read those lines.
v33x = great, fun and overall amazing map for all the regulars. Brings very few new players.
v2d = quite boring map after a while, but brings in new players to our ocrp playerbase and community + more donations.

I don't expect you guys to follow the donation section, but as admins can see it right away without going threw a link theres been a huge difference from the last 2 days after v33x was shut down. In the time while v33x was up (a good two weeks) we got around 6-10 donations. In only 2 days of running v2d, we got 7 donations.

Im definitely not saying that its all about donations, but the community runs on donations. Without them there would be no more of this.
Like i ALSO stated in the thread that i locked to avoid repeating myself like i'm doing now, i stated that i understand the regulars being pissed about this, but for crists sake, realize that in a month or two, you would have all been tired of v33x just like you got tired of v2d, and then who would be to play? The 10 new players that we gained from v33x that would probably not play because everybody else stopped playing?

Instead of thinking about what is better for yourself, then think about what is better for the community and for the future of it.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 09:40:38 AM »
Here is also how it is, in semi-serious, I never saw anything passive like shops, contests, etc. But in lite, I see those all the time. Basically semi-serious was a server for people for lite without a stable economy or anywhere around it.

Offline Kaiser Wilhelm I ?DetroitRP

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 10:12:54 AM »
Here is also how it is, in semi-serious, I never saw anything passive like shops, contests, etc. But in lite, I see those all the time. Basically semi-serious was a server for people for lite without a stable economy or anywhere around it.
I always had shops and restaurants, what are you talking about? DJ Purple did too.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:20:42 AM by Eclipse »

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 11:22:08 AM »
I always had shops and restaurants, what are you talking about? DJ Purple did too.

I'm speaking about whenever I was on and paying attention to it.

And I hate the modify button, it's where the quote button use to be D:

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 12:20:57 PM »
Yes, the Semi-serious server was more fun. But you need to think about the bigger picture. The community would suffer if we keep it. So we should just appreciate what we got and get on with it.

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 12:42:46 PM »
Me and wake are excluded from the "when exclipse is online time" I assume. Because when you were on, multiple times, both me and wake were competing with eachother, there was almost always something going on at izzies, and occasionally a few other things. The reason v33 failed so bad is because craphead doomed it from the start with the playtime, saying it would take weeks for the server to start up, while he knew the server had 2 weeks to prove itself. I dont mean to sound like an asshat making accusations, but Im saying it how its seen.
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 03:03:16 PM »
There are both pros and cons for both servers. V33x had more places to set up shops, more places to live, and everyone really wasn't forced into one central location like lite(BP). Lite really just brings in more players. But if you want to set up a shop on lite, you will most likely have to build it at BP which is kind of fun. Right now, lite is more important to expand OCRP's player base. I do agree, though, that with the serious server we should have had a few extra rules to encourage more RP rather than growing and raiding.

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 04:26:29 PM »
It wasn't attracting any new players. I said that we'd give it 2 weeks, and if either
A) v33x pulled in new players(regardless of whether or not V2D was populated)
B) Both servers averaged roughly 20 players for a good amount of the day(and at the same time)
then we'd keep them up. However, none of the above happened and OCRP can't sustain itself on the same players(for more then a few months, that is.)
Yes but think, craphead himself told everyone that it would take several weeks for the server to start up, due to the stupid long playtime. For the average player it can take 3-4 weeks just to have gotten cop. But shutting it down after 2 weeks for "lolfailure" is only setting it up to intentionally fail. How can you say that the server failed under those circumstances?

Going to quote this because I'd prefer if it a very great point was not swallowed up by the other rabble. Excellent point, Deg! 

I feel as though the server should be given more of a chance. Think about it. How did v2d become popular in the first place? Server managers took the plunge initially and put it up, regardless of how successful the startup would be. If the administration here really loves v33x like they say they do, then they should be willing to endure some initial lack of popularity while people adjust.

Offline Jeff2307

•    
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 06:03:22 PM »
Now OCRP:19/35
When OCRP 2 was up at this time: 31/35 - 25/35

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but maybe playerbase went down?
I waited to post this 2 days cause maybe it was just temporarily but it seems that more people played on OCRP this time of the day.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal