Author Topic: Mapper Introductions  (Read 9846 times)

Offline Retro

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mapper Introductions
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2011, 06:14:01 AM »
G'day, I am a mapper, A pretty decent one at that. Thanks for your time.

Offline Logik

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 01:00:48 AM »
Hello,
My name is Logik, my main aspiration isn't to be a mapper, I like coding more, however I decided to be a well-rounded developer it wouldn't hurt to learn both. I take to making maps for a variety of reasons, one is because I like to develop for small, hole-in-the-wall communities that lack the resources or man power to create one on their own, I make modifications to popular maps of their choice to better suit their community. Another reason I make maps is because I have ideas that, similar to writing a dream down, I make a rough copy just in case I like to use it for later. My skills in mapping are decent (My objects sometimes get a bit blocky and undetailed and lead to me having to correct them later), and of course the more time a spend on a project the nicer it ends up being. Recently I've taken to developing a series of TRON-related maps, I've made simple rendering of the "Light-Cycle Arena Grid" (A simple feat at the most, practically just making and texturing the walls and ground) but plan on making a massive, role play-ready map including areas canonically present in the latest installment of the TRON series (As of now, TRON Legacy) such as TRON City, The game arena, armory, out-lands, the Arija ruins, a rebuilt End of Line Club, the digital rendering of Flynn's Arcade, and more. Over my week-long break I wrote tons of script ideas and I'm considering the idea of developing a game mode, but for now I will stick to the map idea. I am currently experimenting with NPC Nodes, trying to come with neat little nodes to add ambiance and life to an environment as well as doing the coding for my own SNPCs.
-Logik
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 01:03:29 AM by Logik »

Offline AcornMan

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 01:46:15 AM »
Did mapping for ZPS only, couldn't really get into Gmod mapping and since Source SDK isn't available on mac, my mapping days are done unless I get on my Toshiba crap-top I mean lap-top. I still made a bunch of fun ZPS maps along with a buddy of mine that goes by Nopego or Fang, I'll have to check my friends list eventually, but he mainly did objective maps while I stayed in the area of survival. All in all, my days are gone for now unless I get back into ZPS which has gotten a recent update but is only available on a windows OS (even though Source has been modded for Mac recently).
"Groovy", "This, is my Boom stick".
"RoflWaffle: Servers are going to be down for at least 12 hours as I locked myself out of the box again"."RoflWaffle: :c I need to stop doing that".Justin Newton AKA Jay killed RTLK using "weapon_copgun_ocrp "I've now killed all the admins and dev's at least once."- Justin Newton AKA Jay".
For funny billboards: http://majormike.us/?p=128

Offline Nespc

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 04:58:09 AM »
Hi
I'm Nespc i've been mapping for around 7 - 9 months. Lately I've been trying to edit BA_underwater_prisonV5 cause it looks like a decent map that could be used for machinima. but there are so many things to edit. That and I havn't used it for awhile

edit: shouldnt this be stickied?
Characters profiles\r\n\r\nNone: **** i 4got to log on 4 2 long xD

Offline .:KFrohman:.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 07:33:11 PM »
Bump for content.

I can't actually remember if I posted in this or not. Oh well.

I'm Frohman, formerly known as Kazuo. I modified the original City 45 maps from tnb to CG's specification, something I'm still doing to this day.
Elsewise, I don't do much. I make the occasional personal map for myself, and I was the creator of the ever popular Robot Wars map back in the days of OC. A version of it can be found on toybox.
One thing I suppose will set me from the rest, I damn near obsess over lighting. It has to be a certain way, sprites have to use a particular texture, etc.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 10:49:45 PM »
I'm Sexy Frog, I'm a mapper.
Now I've never completed an RP map but I have done a TTT map before known as TTT_Giant_Daycare. Good or not, that is debateable but non the less I made it and it was when I was less experianced. I will say that with a recent TTT map I'm working on I'm having a problem where whenever I load the rendered .BSP into Gmod it crashes Gmod entirely. If anyone can help me with this I would love you long time. Oh and how to impliement custom models/props that are not source ready would be awesome too. Anyways, yeah, that's pretty much it.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal