Author Topic: Pre-Alpha Arabic Hl2 RP  (Read 8471 times)

Offline Retro

• View Profile
    • Awards
Pre-Alpha Arabic Hl2 RP
« on: October 02, 2011, 12:13:25 AM »
Pre-Alpha, looks like shit, just giving you an idea, don't worry, It's nowhere near done, and is not the final product. It's only about %5 of the actual map. Kgo.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 12:17:37 AM by Retro »

Offline Retro

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Pre-Alpha Arabic Hl2 RP
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 12:16:48 AM »
P.s It's been compiled fast, so the lighting is gay as aids. This is only to give you the idea of what it's sorta gonna be like

Offline Phalanx

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 12:19:19 AM »
Problem with this is that the players without CS:S are not going to play because it'd be eyerape. Let's see what happens anyway.
Looks good, nice idea.

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 12:23:20 AM »
Looks like a nice concept, I'm always up for HL2 themed maps that don't all have Eastern European architecture.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 07:33:51 AM »
Different setting is good. Looks very good, bet that will take a fuck long amount of time to compile when fully done.
what

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 09:29:57 AM »
I love it.

cant wait to see the cwu hq :p

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 12:39:33 PM »
Wow, this map...
I am jelly. Very impressive,  can't wait to see it finished.
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 05:01:36 PM »
Need one that looks like New York.

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 05:06:30 PM »

Like every other hl2rp map that has a city-based environment? There need to be more diverse HL2RP maps, for god's sake, they didn't just take over America, they went worldwide. There need to be desert themed maps, arctic themed maps, and whatever other locales you can think of.

Great work.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.

Offline Greenman

• The Man Of Green
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 08:10:48 PM »
It's really nice, coming along well. But when I look at it I think de_dust3 :v
Couple of things for when you get closer to release, I don't like the combine flag poles/posts, could be a bit sleeker and the Nexus interior is a bit bland (I understand that it's incomplete).

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 11:55:39 PM »
Couple of things for when you get closer to release, I don't like the combine flag poles/posts, could be a bit sleeker and the Nexus interior is a bit bland (I understand that it's incomplete).

That is not the nexus. That is the entrance to the CWU. Retro plans to form the nexus in previously owned Egyptian lord's mansion, he has drawn up the concept designs for it and it looks amazing. It's going to have a large courtyard with some pretty epic stair cases and the interior is very spacious. I know the CWU look's fucking shit atm, but that is just the base of his idea, he is going to tidy it up add more features and make it look a lot more pretty. He might even possibly re-work it. 

With the poles I thought the same thing aswell but keep in mind this is a pre-alpha. It's supposed to be shit. Also, Retro forgot to mention that them doors are fully functional, with sounds and animation. It look's really good.  ;)

Edit : The nexus will look simmilar to this but a lot more epic.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 11:58:16 PM by I AM A TIED UP BLACK WHORE »
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 07:40:46 AM »

Offline Greenman

• The Man Of Green
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 10:06:26 AM »

That is not the nexus. That is the entrance to the CWU. ...... interior is very spacious. I know the CWU look's fucking shit atm, but that is just the base of his idea, he is going to tidy it up add more features and make it look a lot more pretty. He might even possibly re-work it. 

With the poles I thought the same thing aswell but keep in mind this is a pre-alpha. It's supposed to be shit. .....
Edit : The nexus will look simmilar to this but a lot more epic.

[Image]

My mistake on the nexus/CWU. I wouldn't say the CWU looks shit, just the stand-out underworked area at the moment. The poles can easily be reworked a little and I'm sure they will be. I have to disagree with you on that last point though, pre-alphas aren't supposed to look shit :V (And this one certainly doesn't.)

Love the nexus idea.

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 09:52:39 PM »

Like every other hl2rp map that has a city-based environment? There need to be more diverse HL2RP maps, for god's sake, they didn't just take over America, they went worldwide. There need to be desert themed maps, arctic themed maps, and whatever other locales you can think of.

Great work.
From what I have seen most of the city maps seen were supposedly European based maps.

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 10:19:36 PM »

Great work.
From what I have seen most of the city maps seen were supposedly European based maps.

I know, I just meant that all the maps are set in the usual dark city, all based off the cities you see in HL2 or read about, but it would be a refreshing change to see how the humans were managing somewhere else. (You know, I mean a city in a different country, different culture, etc.)
Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal