Author Topic: Remove the "Steam Group" and "IRC" tab from the top bar.  (Read 4693 times)

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Remove the "Steam Group" and "IRC" tab from the top bar.
« on: October 03, 2011, 03:43:54 PM »
Title says it all. Insted of having the steam group as its own tab in the top, just make a stickied thread in the general board with it.

For the IRC, its never used.

They really glock up the bar, especially on my/any iPhone or android where the screen is really tiny.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Remove the "Steam Group" and "IRC" tab from the top bar.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 04:03:25 PM »
Steam group will stay but I agree with the IRC part, will talk to somone77
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 04:28:07 PM »
Rather than an IRC for immediate server issues, over at RoFL we have an SOS button at the top, and when you hit it, it takes you to a form that will send a text to an admin of, well, Rofl's choice (so probably whoever volunteers), and you can enter what the issue is, like, if it's a griefer or hacker, whatever. To avoid it being abused, make it so you need to be a member on CG and so it gives your name with the text. Only issue with this is that all the admins are on steam, so why bother.. but it's just that whenever I messaged an admin they would always be doing something else, so I don't know. It really depends on how much it's needed, I guess.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 02:10:47 PM »
Rather than an IRC for immediate server issues, over at RoFL we have an SOS button at the top, and when you hit it, it takes you to a form that will send a text to an admin of, well, Rofl's choice (so probably whoever volunteers), and you can enter what the issue is, like, if it's a griefer or hacker, whatever. To avoid it being abused, make it so you need to be a member on CG and so it gives your name with the text. Only issue with this is that all the admins are on steam, so why bother.. but it's just that whenever I messaged an admin they would always be doing something else, so I don't know. It really depends on how much it's needed, I guess.

That's a good idea, but why not to use live-admin-support instead? Like, even if the admin isn't in-game, he can be online on the live support. It can be easily done.
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 04:10:28 PM »

That's a good idea, but why not to use live-admin-support instead? Like, even if the admin isn't in-game, he can be online on the live support. It can be easily done.

Sounds a lot better. Main reason we have texting is because the head admin is also a busy one, and he does a lot of the work, while the other admins are busy, which is why we need to text to get his attention :p
Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 05:03:20 PM »
IRC should not be removed, you people should just understand what IRC is used for. Don't expect to load the page and immedietly talk to someone you know. Do what is called "idling". This means, you sit in an IRC room, sometimes a conversation will get started and you'll have something to talk about.

I also plan to have an IRC bot that can output global chat from servers, as well as function as a "call admin" bot. But that's a future project and there are a lot of things to be done before that.

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 07:38:22 PM »
What is IRC may I ask?
Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.
Zoe Kriyake - Has not been heard in weeks. Possibly re-located to C-18

Alive Characters
Pavalo Anodov - Wondering C18, unsure

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 07:41:57 PM »
What is IRC may I ask?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat
Basically, it's a chat room. That's the shortest definition.

@Someone77
Well sure, idling is an option, but not everyone likes that, and you still can miss the conversations.
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 08:08:24 PM »
The problem with IRC is that it's a circle that keeps going until you just go for it. I idle in ~40 channels on several servers. And when I hop in/start a conversation I usually have a good time. You just need to start it. If you were all in a room, with 1 door out and I said "It's more fun outside" your argument is "Everyone is in here though" so until you guys start all going outside, your going to stay in the small room... It gets stuffy in there.

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 10:02:43 PM »
Well, an idea for intimidate help, you can make a system that sends the "help" as a text to phones of admins who volunteer them, and then when they reply, the person who sent it gets a message back on the forums.   A sorta of live support that doesn't give out numbers, just uses them.  Comments?  I like it and would volunteer for it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal