Author Topic: Spectre Un-PK Appeal  (Read 7390 times)

Offline vFear?

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Spectre Un-PK Appeal
« on: September 04, 2011, 11:32:02 PM »
Steam Name: fear
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20505572
Character Name: Spectre
Admin who issued PK: RTLK
Reason for Un-PK:

The entire thing was bullshit. Within 10 minutes of me getting on, RTLK joins and goes straight on his OW, getting together a team and going straight for the labs where I was at the time. Before I can do any RP, they're right at the front door. I attempt to negotiate a S2M agreement in OOC since killing Spectre would kill a lot of RP that is due to occur but RTLK quickly answers with something along the lines of "No. You should not have got a rogue in the first place." He also stated that "We are here only to PK Spectre, the refugees will be fine."

The OTA team opens the door, we throw a grenade out. We blow up two of them the first time - which RTLK respawns, we are quickly flagged for 'Failnade', and they go to breach again. We throw out another Grenade, get all four of them this time, RTLK respawns them all and, again, we are flagged for 'Failnading'. Now that we are out of grenades, his OTA team enters, S2K's all the refugees except a scientist and this one refugee - disregarding his previous statement - and bans Spectre, even though I was S2M'ing anyway. The only person to not S2K was "Tyreal, Archangel of Justice.", who appears to be the only OTA on at the time that can OTA RP at all.

We had no time to react, ten dollars says I was seen on the Scoreboard so they quickly assembled on my last known position from a situation that was VOIDED due to derping on the OTA's part. They also insisted our 'door' was prop-block when it was laid down using the Door tool AND CCA + OTA can open it using the action key, rendering it not prop block to the OTA.

I have a few witnesses that can agree it's bullshit, I will have them post in here. They are (In Steam Friends name):

Darkshifter98
Monkey with a Gun
Thor, God of Thunder
Tyreal, Archangel of Justice
PFC [508th_PIR]Jacknife

If this thread is locked and denied before even any discussion, debate and/or revision from the one above RTLK who authorised the rogue in the first place - Regardless, RTLK insisting that I should not have it anyway - I'm gone. I enjoy to RP at CG except you're making it hard on me here.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Spectre Un-PK Appeal
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 11:34:19 PM »
You should have stayed PKed when you were in the first place.  Back when you were jumping from the city to the outlands (which in and of itself is fail) anytime anyone would be close to getting near you or the slight chance you would be killed you would leave the server, thus avoiding the RP.

Oh, and your story is incorrect as the only person I respawned was myself and I never returned when I was killed with the real nade (the first one which killed someone was an accidental nade by an OTA.)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 11:39:08 PM by *anonim* »

Offline Calstifer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 11:35:13 PM »
+ Support.

This realy isn't right. The situation should be voided and Spetre returned.

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 11:36:40 PM »
I was one of the witnesses and personally, this was BS.

We had two vorts (Me and Resist) readying a charged vortessence attack. They burst in and give us no time to react and S2K us all, except for the people that survived that fear listed. If we do this again, I want a S2M fight allowing us all to /me and all that jazz.

Thats my two cents and I hope this is fixed as, again, this was BS.
I +Support Spectre's return.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:01:21 AM by Darkshifter98 »
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline vFear?

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 11:38:06 PM »
You should have stayed PKed when you were in the first place.  Back when you were jumping from the city to the outlands (which in and of itself is fail) anytime anyone would be close to getting near you or the slight chance you would be killed you would leave the server, thus avoiding the RP.

When-ever someone rings, my wireless internet cuts. I play on my laptop from my room, the modem being in the dining room. It turned out to be my friend from school informing me my subject selections for next year were due the next day, so I had to go do them. Besides, I had authorisation from the top on both visits and to get that kind of warrant, I'd need a damn good reason.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 11:40:37 PM »

When-ever someone rings, my wireless internet cuts. I play on my laptop from my room, the modem being in the dining room. It turned out to be my friend from school informing me my subject selections for next year were due the next day, so I had to go do them. Besides, I had authorisation from the top on both visits and to get that kind of warrant, I'd need a damn good reason.

Unfortunately this is a lie as the fact of you disconnecting was deliberate and not a connection drop.  And the only times was when the CCA was coming for you.

Offline Sawnik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 11:41:37 PM »

I can say that fear's internet gets cut off when someone calls his house. That's why the last time he was in the city he DC'd in the middle of it.

Also with this event, I only followed my other OTA around on a patrol until Karma showed up and we decided to hunt spectre. I have no idea what was going on with all the grenades, but I have to say this was kinda fail. WE just walked in and S2K'd people and walked out. I was hoping we'd do better RP than what we did. I want to void this derp of an event and un-PK spectre.

Support +

Offline vFear?

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 11:42:30 PM »

Unfortunately this is a lie as the fact of you disconnecting was deliberate and not a connection drop.  And the only times was when the CCA was coming for you.

And how do you know? Are your spidey-senses tingling? You might want a bit of evidence to back up that statement as I am not lieing.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 11:43:55 PM »

And how do you know? Are your spidey-senses tingling? You might want a bit of evidence to back up that statement as I am not lieing.

Connections dropping have a different disconnect message.  The time that I refer to (your so called last time in the city) you "Disconnected by User" right as we were getting a group to go after you.

Offline vFear?

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 11:47:11 PM »

Connections dropping have a different disconnect message.  The time that I refer to (your so called last time in the city) you "Disconnected by User" right as we were getting a group to go after you.

Garry's Mod can not detect if my internet dropped or what, I timed out after the 40 seconds which posts 'Disconnect by User'. Besides, I was already out of the City IC'ly by the time you got your team together, taking the IC route out near the Fat Negordians or what-ever it is, the gate. If you IC'ly get it open and go through, it leads to the sewers and, thus, to the Outlands. Thus, you still remain without your evidence. Regardless, that is not the issue at hand, you're changing it to other issues, please focus, RTLK.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 11:49:42 PM by shownofear »

Offline Goten

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 11:54:31 PM »
I agree the situation should be voided because RTLK Did Rush it on him and they killed EVERYONE Nearly left some people + I got proof. The 2nd nade killed all of them..** Crystal Red takes the nade
** Crystal Red readys it  ** Crystal Red slides a grenade under with the pin pulled
And Spectre says all 4 died and they RTLK Says FailNade and then continues after we killed all... Logs of teleporting back.
 UU.OTA.ARCHER-3.24613 has gone to UU.OTA.STORM(4-1).30818's location.
 And Respawning.

UU.OTA.STORM(4-0).31391 has respawned UU.OTA.STORM(4-0).31391!
UU.OTA.ARCHER-3.24613 has respawned UU.OTA.ARCHER-3.24613!
  So WTF? I +Support for Spectre Back. Spectre Also Saw All four biosignals lost..
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:00:21 AM by Thor God of thunder »

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 12:08:29 AM »
I'm gonna go ahead and say +support

Ok... i know about the S2K rule and how bad it is in my opinion, but when it comes to rping a raid on a place that was agreed with Roflwaffle to not get raided... we have a problem. I was confidential about the raid at first when the agreement was confirmed already, but the 90% of the server on that particular moment turned into an OCRP raid. Here's what happened...

Karma and the OTA came across the bridge to my lab, well his data chip was offline and so was his mask and gear but that's not Karma's fault... but just something i was supposed to tell you before which i didn't. Also we made an agreement to void the lab... and the other people around them including my pet headcrab. As we icly knew both the sounds and the camera feed that the OTA were about to raid us... we got ready for it. They had start to throw grenades under a ICLY SEALED DOOR... again, forgot to tell them about what it really is ICLY, so it is not Karma's fault. 1 grenade hit about 3 people and got them clean. I knew just about then that this raid was going to be a shitstorm. After the first grenade came the 2nd... it failed and as a result killed one OTA unit... As of icly circumstances... Crystal then threw a grenade under the door because OTA somehow was able to... We killed 3 units... or 4. Karma then RESPAWNS THEM AND BRINGS THEM BACK... Why!? As of the raid... they told me to open the door, i did so. What happened after that... NO RP, NO WARNING, NOTHING BUT SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT AND EVERYONE INSTANTLY GETS SHOT. I don't know if it was my fault or not... but he told me to remove the door immediately. Lots of people complained about the raid... it was a nightmare. As a result... 2 seconds after the Spectre was killed. He was only online for about 10 minutes and gets a very disappointing surprise.

Karma... i would like to say thank you for at least listening to me and cooperating with the agreement about the lab, but if i was the Spectre i would definitively do something about it. Imagine if a bunch of rebels were raiding the City Administrator and they rushed in with no RP, shot the OTA down, and killed the City Administrator and pked him after 2 seconds... and his CA was only online with a total of 2 hours after created. Give him a second chance and we can re-do this... this was a big mis-understanding.

Offline Retro

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 01:52:10 AM »
It really annoys me when someone who has the skill to RP with such a delicate thing correctly, and spends the time building a character that has just the unlimited potential to raise the level of role-play on the servers, contributes to events, gives everyone something to do, and provides something unique to players to role-play with, get's powergamed / metagamed the shit out of.

Sure, I know the OTA are going to do everything they can to stop him, but doesn't mean that YOU yourself, IRL should want to, People develop a grudge against people when ICLY they do something, like what the fuck, take the dicks out of your ass, think about the RP for once, it's not real life, so just let Show no fear help the level of role-play.

+ Support

Plus, RTLK, One aspect I fucking despise about you is the fact you don't talk things through, you just simply go " Oh lol k he dead? k ban im rite, errey 1 else wong. "

Just cool off dewd, talk things through, and you're fine <3

Good day.

Offline vFear?

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 02:09:12 AM »
In my opinion, there should be no "re-do" of the event, I can ensure you it will result in more shit-storms. Best off just to avoid direct contact inbetween OTA and Spectre for a while, keeping it to the odd sniper or so, simply so Spectre can promote passive and the such. Every time I am on Spectre I am immersed in Passive RP except in events like this, Spectre seems to promote RP within the outland players. Sure, not saying OTA cant patrol for him, but avoid direct contact such as today, for example.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 02:11:41 AM by shownofear »

Offline LeoMarr

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 02:14:39 AM »
I would like to Support Spectre's return. I believe it creates a web of intrigue to have a Rogue CCA member. I don't think he would work up to this far without Acceptance of the possibility of death. He would not have posed an Unban Request if he did not believe it was unjust.
I also don't believe that he would Disconnect to avoid a Death. RoflWaffle would not have allowed this if he did not trust Fear to do right by his decision. Though, The possibility of death may come at any time. That time is not now.

Chars:
UNION-DvL.252 Molding Men out of recruits.
Thatch Goodwin Keeping Incognito.
Quote from: Blt
leomarr is cool.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal