Author Topic: Garry's Mod - Maps are fucked up, to be blunt.  (Read 9887 times)

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Garry's Mod - Maps are fucked up, to be blunt.
« on: November 27, 2011, 07:51:18 AM »
Well, as the title says, the maps I'm using on Garry's Mod are quite literally fucked up. Honestly, I don't really know how to describe the problem, but half of the ground is missing textures, - I mean that I can actually see through the ground - there are these huge black grids vertically sticking out of the ground and flying up into the sky, along with some horizontal grids. The moveable props that come with the map, such as crates, planks, and whatnot are all invisible and I only see the shadows. Posting some screenshots below as I can't describe it very well.

As you can easily see here, there's a gigantic grid sticking through the building, along with another one crossing through it. Some of the invisible ground can be seen(contradictory lol) in the background.

Now, the second pictures shows more of the retarded ground. At the bottom left, that camp-fire is actually in the underground portion of the map, in case you think it's just tiny. All of those rocks are also underground, apart from the ones on the top left corner. More grids can be seen at the right, and some in the middle area, around the barrack. Now, as you can see, the water isn't even meant to be like that. When I could see the ground, it was no more than a stream, now there's a huge square of water because I can't see the ground.

I'm too dumb to figure out how to use thumbnails, so I'll save the other images for a later post, if anybody requires more pictures to figure out what's wrong.

TL;DR: look at images then halp meh

EDIT

Tried and tested:

-Reinstalling Garry's Mod and various other Source games.
-Deleting addons.
-Reinstalling some maps.
-Deleting everything related to Garry's Mod.
-Verifying the Garry's Mod cache. (Was before I actually knew of the glitch in question's existence, unsure of whether it may actually help again.)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 11:15:16 AM by Lewis »

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Garry's Mod - Maps are fucked up, to be blunt.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 11:01:29 AM »
reinstall gmod

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 11:05:24 AM »
reinstall gmod

I've done that twice, I've deleted all of the Garry's Mod content, I've checked to see if there's any addons that have caused the problem, but they cannot be doing that considering I deleted every single thing that was related to Garry's Mod. I've tried fixing extensions too, reinstalling HL2, reinstalling HL2: EP2, but it never solves itself. My last resort is to reinstall Windows again.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 11:08:04 AM »
Verify all of your source game's caches is what I would say.

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 11:13:16 AM »
Verify all of your source game's caches is what I would say.
I'll do that when I get onto my PC later, I verified the cache for Garry's Mod yesterday, albeit it didn't do anything. I'll try it again and hope for the best. I'll edit this post with the outcome later.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 01:20:38 PM »
This seems to be more like a video card driver issue.
Are all your drivers up to date?
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 07:44:58 PM »
Re-format your hard drives jk, but ask nick said try to update your drivers. Maybe you have a issue with your computer besides that.

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 03:22:16 PM »
Sorry to bump this, but nothing has worked, I'm still getting these fucked up map errors. I have:

• Reinstalled Garry's Mod multiple times.
  • Reinstalled maps, addons, etc.
  • Deleted EVERYTHING related to Source.
  • Updated my card.
  • Reinstalled EP2 content multiple times.
  • Verifying game caches.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 04:20:32 PM »
If updating your video card drivers didn't work, I'm really out of options for you, sorry man.

Last thing you can try but I doubt it would work is verifying if all your game content is linked with Gmod:

1. Install all the games that Gmod had content from (HL2, HL2 EP1, HL2 EP2, Portal, TF2, CSS) if you have those games of course.
2. Start each of them at least 1 time to apply content to your local folders.
3. Open Garry's mod and go to the main menu
4. Click on Game Extentions
5. Confirm if all games content is checked, Check whatever you find not checked.
6. Apply changes.
7. Reboot Gmod and try again.

Side question: Is it only on a few maps you have this problem, or almost all of the maps you have?
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 03:05:25 AM »
If updating your video card drivers didn't work, I'm really out of options for you, sorry man.

Last thing you can try but I doubt it would work is verifying if all your game content is linked with Gmod:

1. Install all the games that Gmod had content from (HL2, HL2 EP1, HL2 EP2, Portal, TF2, CSS) if you have those games of course.
2. Start each of them at least 1 time to apply content to your local folders.
3. Open Garry's mod and go to the main menu
4. Click on Game Extentions
5. Confirm if all games content is checked, Check whatever you find not checked.
6. Apply changes.
7. Reboot Gmod and try again.

Side question: Is it only on a few maps you have this problem, or almost all of the maps you have?

The only map I don't have the problem on is gm_flatgrass, and possibly some TF2, DoD:S maps or something. What I have noticed is that I'm missing certain grass textures, and I just see through the ground. Maps with this grass texture (that I have actually tested) are rp_apocalypse, rp_destruction_v2 and rp_outercanals. There's also the thing about invisible map props, frozen and unfrozen. I'll try the above thing when I get onto my PC after school, and if that doesn't work, I'll reinstall Windows. Thanks for the help.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 03:20:32 AM »
Make sure all content is mounted.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

RyanPeters

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 06:00:16 AM »
I had the same problem, I extracted my main content of models and materials to my GMOD folder. Such as Hl2, DODS, CSS, and Hl2:E2

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 01:15:50 PM »
I had the same problem, I extracted my main content of models and materials to my GMOD folder. Such as Hl2, DODS, CSS, and Hl2:E2

Could you possibly go into detail a bit more, and explain how to do the quoted process? Whenever I open up EP2 folders and such, there's no materials or models folders.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 01:25:24 PM by Lewis »

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 12:50:32 PM »

Could you possibly go into detail a bit more, and explain how to do the quoted process? Whenever I open up EP2 folders and such, there's no materials or models folders.

Verify cache for EP2.

You only did that for Gmod Right?

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 01:09:57 PM »
Tactical lock requested; errors be fixed thanks to Thunderbluff. *cough* Lock + give Thunderbluff some e-cookies.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal