Author Topic: Some Admins Not Doing Job  (Read 10151 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Some Admins Not Doing Job
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 05:25:54 AM »
This thread is dumb. If an admin isn't doing his job/breaking the rules then make an administrator complaint on the said admin with evidence. It's that simple.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 01:21:01 AM »
And again we have a failed attempt at an admin.
austrailia Or HRP name Johnny White has just banned someone for prop blocking for one week, AFTER Johnny Broke the RDM rule Many times.  This whole admin thing is getting out of hand.  Either this whole system needs new admins, or admins who wont break rules and then ban others for doing so.   This is getting annoying, something needs to be done.  Honestly if you look at former replies to this, you will see its mostly the admins saying nothing is wrong.  HINT HINT.  Please actually do something rather then make excuses.

~unhappy client
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 01:23:17 AM by masterpower5 »

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Some Admins Not Doing Job
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 01:28:34 AM »
austrailia Or HRP name Johnny White has just banned someone for prop blocking for one week, AFTER Johnny Broke the RDM rule Many times.  This whole admin thing is getting out of hand.  Either this whole system needs new admins, or admins who wont break rules and then ban others for doing so.   This is getting annoying, something needs to be done.  Honestly if you look at former replies to this, you will see its mostly the admins saying nothing is wrong.  HINT HINT.  Please actually do something rather then make excuses.

~unhappy client
If you have proof then post an admin complaint.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2013, 01:36:40 AM »
Having been an administrator at this community for two years, and now being in the opposite role of a player, I must tell you that you're wrong. A good administrator does their job when they can, but also makes sure to not over-extend themselves, and to not stress themselves out. Players need to remember that administrators are volunteers, and there is very little return for what we do, except the joy of a server that runs smoothly. I have administrated for Half-Life 2 Roleplay, Orange Cosmos Roleplay, and Harbor Roleplay during my time here, and I will tell you that Harbor Roleplay is hands-down the most stressful experience as an administrator. If it seems like an administrator is ignoring your report, they're probably responding to someone else already, and simply are too busy to reply. In some cases, and it's completely understandable, an administrator may simply be taking a break from their duties, because it is unfathomably stressful, and in the cases of many administrators, has negative ramifications in real life. Administrators need to take breaks so that they can have a clear mind and good judgment in their jobs, and so that they can attend to the incomparably more important duties they have in life. So, while yes, if an administrator is busy it may be convenient for you if they responded in OOC, lots of times they're too busy or they just want a break. The most important job you have as a player is to have a little compassion and a lot of understanding for the position that administrators are in, because it is a very stressful one.

This is all that needs to be said for all admins. If we were not just doing this voluntarily, and there was a form of payment besides the server we love, running the best way possible, then players can ask for us to do more, and be more. until then, you get all we can give: 100% while we are in the server.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 03:25:38 AM »

~unhappy client

Firstly, "pics or it didn't happen".  Unless you can back up your claims with proof in the form of screenshots or videos, I find your comment baseless, insulting, and incredibly repugnant.

Secondly, I would quote Ricky/Twidget, but KJUN did it for me.  I would honestly like to see you handle not just the powers granted from an admin position, but the responsibility that comes with it.  How would you handle, everyday, giving your best and being told it wasn't good enough for one person?  Or how about you're in another game trying to relax when you suddenly receive a flurry of PMs commanding that you get on to deal with an RDMer?  Or perhaps someone sends you a friend request over Steam simply to bitch at you for banning him instead of posting a ban appeal?

I would love to hear you come up with an excuse as to why you can't post a ban request when an admin isn't online.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2013, 05:47:42 AM »

~unhappy client

if you see an admin breaking the rules and abusing, actually grab some proof and make an AC instead of going "herp a derp he rdm'd and banned people after abus!!!!" with no proof whatsoever

otherwise, nothing is wrong with the administration team at CG other than the lack of numbers which is hard to fix when most HRP players are, to put it bluntly, thick as shit (mainly the immature 12 year olds) and that gmod is increasingly growing in that type of audience everyday
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 05:52:50 AM by Teitoku Ippan »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal