Author Topic: Garry's Mod "Post Init Systems" load up freeze  (Read 8543 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Unit 701
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Garry's Mod "Post Init Systems" load up freeze
« on: January 05, 2013, 02:31:20 PM »
Whenever I start up GMOD everything seems to start loading fine. When it reaches "Post Init Systems" about 75% of the way, it freezes and doesn't give any error or anything. It doesn't crash the game, it just freezes there and I need to end the process.

Has anyone had this same problem and fixed it? Or any support on how to fix it?

Will be adding to this list the stuff I do to try and fix it.

I've tried restarting my computer.
I've tried de-fragging Gmod.
I've tried verifying the cache.
I've tried Googling the hell out of this problem.
I've tried re-installing Steam
I've tried setting my launch properties to -dxlevel 81 and such
I've tried verifying ALL of my source caches.
I've tried re-installing Gmod (2 times.)
I've tried updating my graphics and sound drivers.
I've tried deleting all GCF's related to source and gmod.
I've tried un-installing all games and re-installing HL2 and gmod.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 12:46:21 AM by Phoenix »
A minute after I told Rofl about this combo of VC's

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Garry's Mod "Post Init Systems" load up freeze
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 03:09:03 PM »
Try updating your graphics and audio drivers, you never know that might help.
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

Offline Phoenix

• Unit 701
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 05:09:52 PM »
Tried updating my graphics drivers and re-installing the game. Nothing appears to be working at the moment. Going to try to update my audio drivers.

EDIT: I restarted my computer again after installing both the audio and graphics drivers and started up GMOD and it doesn't look like it helped at all.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 05:40:12 PM by Phoenix »

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 06:09:14 PM »
An addon could be interrupting something. Try moving all of your addons somewhere else on your PC, then boot GMod again. If it works, you will have to try one addon by one to find the one causing the issue.

If that doesn't work, try removing your lua folder in GMod/GMod and launch GMod again.

If neither works, the only solution I can mind up is to reinstall GMod.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Phoenix

• Unit 701
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 06:20:42 PM »
I got a new hard drive so I currently have nothing other than the clean Garry's mod install from Steam. I've tried re-installing it once and it didn't appear to make progress. I might try to re-install it a second time just in case or something.

EDIT: I've read in a thread that one of the ways this can be fixed is by re-installing Steam. I'm going to try and see if that works.

EDIT2: I tried to verify all of the Source games that I was using and also re-installed Steam. No progress has been made.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 07:22:08 PM by Phoenix »

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 04:42:27 AM »
This has happened to me a couple of times after Garry rolls out an update. It might be worth just waiting for the next update.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 07:52:54 AM »
When you uninstall Garry's Mod on Steam, go to your steamapps/username folder and delete your garrysmod folder that will still be there, then try and reinstall it, see if that works.

Offline Phoenix

• Unit 701
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 03:46:56 PM »
I've pretty much tried everything so I'm just waiting on the Garry's mod support to send me a reply email on whats wrong with it. If it's a problem with my hardware or something wrong with an update. Time will tell!

Thank you everyone for the suggestions though.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 05:02:31 PM »
A last resort could be here: http://www.facepunch.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Try to explain your issue, and what you have already done. There might be help to find if you're detailed enough.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Phoenix

• Unit 701
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 06:54:50 PM »
Khub already suggested that I go on the facepunch forums and post there. But for some reason they disabled new accounts so I can't make one. And I went through every Gmod 13 support page CTRL-F'ing for "post init" and there was only 3 posts, none of which had a succesful fix.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 11:26:13 PM »
Try renaming your folder to garrysmod.old

Usually works for me when I have an error with gmod, but no guarantees.

Offline Phoenix

• Unit 701
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 01:35:12 AM »
Tried the above, no luck.

I've posted a support thread on Facepunch to see if I can get some help from there.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 03:42:39 PM »
Go to your steamapps folder and delete all the .gcfs for any game related to GMod.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Phoenix

• Unit 701
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 12:45:36 AM »
Go to your steamapps folder and delete all the .gcfs for any game related to GMod.

Did that yesterday, along with deleting all of my source games and reinstalling only HL2 and Gmod. Same problem.

I've heard that some other people have been having this problem and I'm really looking toward a fix so I can help out everyone that has the same problem.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 01:46:21 AM »

Did that yesterday, along with deleting all of my source games and reinstalling only HL2 and Gmod. Same problem.

I've heard that some other people have been having this problem and I'm really looking toward a fix so I can help out everyone that has the same problem.
Had this issue a few years ago and I ended up uninstalling steam, all my games etc, and reinstalling everything and it fixed it. Dunno if you're that desperate but that is all I can really think of
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal