Author Topic: Rex's Authorization Application  (Read 3522 times)

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
Rex's Authorization Application
« on: February 14, 2012, 09:55:40 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: The Joke
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 3 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 1 year

Character Section

Authorization(s):
A obedient police dog character

Name: Rex
Affiliation: Rebellion

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Rex was a happy puppy. He grew up on a farm with his mother and fellow brothers before all of the hell let loose upon the world. He was only a year old when a man arrived at the farm, looking for such a dog. "Can I help you sir?" The farmer grunted, "Thats right, I am looking for a dog who could fit a certain role". The farmer studied the man for a moment before beckoning him to follow him. "We gots us plenty of dogs here, some feisty ones, some obedient ones, what you looking for exactly sir?". The officer observed all the dogs running around the open yard playfully before replying "I am looking for one who could fit the role of a police dog, so perhaps a bit of both eh?". The farmer nodded slowly before turning back to the dogs and spying a few out, he climbed over the gate of the playground and walked in slowly before scooping one of the dogs up and bringing him over. "Whad about this one?". The policeman inspected the dog for a moment before replying "Too soft...We need one thats going to chase robbers, not chase kittens...". The famer nodded and grumbled to himself before scooping down and finding another dog, bringing him up to the policemans face. "Well, this one looks fine?". The policeman shook his head slowly, "That dog looks like its been eatin too many of dem portions of food sir...". The farmer grumbled and nodded his head quietly before bending back down and picking up another dog, the dog was wagging its tail lively, staring at the police man, then it started trying to wriggle out of the mans hands and drop back to the floor, but his grip was too tight. "This one will do sir, thank ye very much". as the police man paied the farmer, Rex lifted its paw as it laid over the shoulder of its new owner, staring back at the other dogs, as they carried on playing like he was never there...

Rex jumped playfully on his owners lap as he slept, the owner slowly awakened, staring back at the dog before giving a large yawn. "Oh god...What time is it?". He stared at the clock before realising he was late for work, "Oh god!". He quickly threw himself into uniform while Rex just stood on his bed, staring at the mad chaos, wagging his tail in excitement. "Comon Rex, we have to go!". His owner opened the door quickly, beckoning him through as Rex jumped off of the bed and ran towards the door at a pace. They went outside and stepped into the police car, turning the sirens on and going as fast as they wanted down the roads to get to their objective, before a strange call came in. "All units, please respond to Charlton avenue, we have a major situation and we need everyone we can get, I repeat, all units!". Rex and his owner exchanged looks for a moment before returning to the requested position. As they drove, tanks rolled past slowly, the armed forces walking down the road with a scared look upon their faces. Rex and his owner stepped out of the car, following the army to the position before, BOOM! One of the tanks went up in flames and flew into the air, crushing many soldiers underneath it. Rex looked around to see futuristic like lasers fly around everywhere. "Run!" He yelled down to him as they sprinted down the road, galloping over dead bodies as the lasers flew. His owner got hit in the leg and Rex stopped suddenly, barking loudly for him. "Go Rex, I am done for!" He yelled out to Rex. The brave dog grabbed his owner by the collar and dragged him into the nearest alleyway, he looked down at his owner as he died infront of him, barking loudly as if asking him to wake up. Rex spotted a open man hole and climbed in, knowing there was nothing else he could do. As Rex adventured through the tunnels he met a few people who took pity on him and fed him food, he also found rats to live off of or other decomposing flesh. Rex had to make it far, far away...

As Rex neared the end of the tunnel, it lead to a water system, he climbed out and fell into a river, he was being dragged underneath it and yelling out for help as the water dragged him along. But then someone pulled him out of the water, resting him on the side and staring at him for a moment, Rex stared back up for a moment before the human said "Welcome to the mountains..".

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
To have new RP choices and dialogue.
Obedient and strong dog.
A relatively clever dog.

Defects
A fear of water.
He might be a easy target
People might just think he is a bad mutt.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to use these auths to add new dialogue to RP for myself, and others.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
The speaking spelling mistakes are on purpose if you did not realise O.O
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rex's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 05:01:51 AM »
Pretty sure this isn't gonna work,

1. We don't have a dog model at all
2. Even if we did get a dog model from somewhere, it would have to be tweaked to work with OA, who's gonna do that?
3. Adding files/content to the servers just for one players auth app... just wouldn't work

Offline Checkers

• Cats are cool stuff
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 07:46:28 AM »
There is already a dog ICly. Its name is Ollie, and the person who plays as Ollie just used a human model. You dont need a model to do this Kom.
I am ded not big surprise.

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 09:22:23 AM »
Although I'd like some administrators to post their eye witness accounts of how "Ollie" fits into the outlands- I'm not all too sure a rifle could carry this dog harmlessly up a mountain.

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 09:38:20 AM »
I never said he carried him up a moiuntain, he just dragged him out of the river. And also I have a friend who has a script and model for a dog.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755

Zak Grant

Mike Harolds

Zak Renolds

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 09:40:47 AM »
I never said he carried him up a moiuntain, he just dragged him out of the river. And also I have a friend who has a script and model for a dog.

Ah, got it, I misinterpreted your backstory.

In any case, SAs cannot accept this for the new model, that would need to be discussed with the higher ups. For now, do you mind leaving the model out of the picture?

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 11:26:45 AM »
Uhh...Until a later time when we can get a dog model, yes. Because everyone will just go "OMG A MAN IS PRETEDNING TO BE A DOG" so...yeah.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755

Zak Grant

Mike Harolds

Zak Renolds

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 06:29:41 PM »
 This application could still be in a position of perfection because I might go around the internet for awhile and search for a useful model for the Outlands, especially German Shepherd models. Probably Dogmeat, Robo-dog or Dogs (the frenzied and enemies) in Fallout 3/Fallout: New Vegas. If I am lucky, I might aswell make someone or myself do the animations using a few programs (3DS Max 2012 should do). I don't know when this will be complete but I will try my best to make this application and a few others come to life.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 08:48:18 PM »
Thank you for the offer, but if I can get them from my friend then  its fine, in fact I think I have them on my computer, just not in a file.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755

Zak Grant

Mike Harolds

Zak Renolds

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 07:40:33 AM »
Doubtful any new model will be included just for the sake of one authorization. It raises download time, and we don't want that.

I'll give Pending for now, would like to hear out Raiden here.
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 07:59:17 AM »
Can I just say, I am not the only person who wants/requires this model.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755

Zak Grant

Mike Harolds

Zak Renolds

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 03:34:20 PM »
Just to say on this, the police don't go to random places and get dogs. They actually have specially breeding places where they specifically breed German sheps and other dogs for police work.
what

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 10:54:28 AM »
I have a dog character, I am 'Ollie', and I can RP just fine without a model. I am not sure if you guys have a model along the way, it sure will help, but it is not needed for RP.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 03:20:11 PM »
I have a dog character, I am 'Ollie', and I can RP just fine without a model. I am not sure if you guys have a model along the way, it sure will help, but it is not needed for RP.

Uhh whut? Did you apply for it?
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 05:52:17 PM »
I'm going to finalise the authorisation by accepting it, because there are quite a few outstanding applications.

It's up to you whether you choose to role-play without the model, or not roleplay the dog at all, but as far as i'm aware Roflwaffle will not be adding more files that require downloading, so if your really that set on getting the model, you need to talk to one of the owners personally.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 01:48:51 AM by Kom??Як »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal