Poll

Stay or go?

Get off city45
21 (44.7%)
Stay
26 (55.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Change away from City45  (Read 8796 times)

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Change away from City45
« on: October 15, 2011, 10:17:19 AM »
Basically:

Karma broke areaportals and RDT
(Area portals going to the plaza from the CWU HQ are broke i get 2 FPS when  i got 40FPS before)

And charges around 15-56 Tokens for props

Now i cant RP can we go back to City11 or City8? or maybe another map.

Offline Super Supreme Admiral Justin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Change away from City45
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 10:24:29 AM »
This map is trash. It dosnt let us do anything we could with any of the other maps. C8 Please :D
Graphic artist | Web Designer | Gamer

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 10:26:27 AM »
Noo, I love this Map don't  fucking change it please!
Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.
Zoe Kriyake - Has not been heard in weeks. Possibly re-located to C-18

Alive Characters
Pavalo Anodov - Wondering C18, unsure

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 10:26:39 AM »
I prefered how it used to be too. I get lag on C45 from the broken areaportals, the server lags often from the map and crashes from reliable snapshot overflow. RDT doesn't even work properly, it was painful to even use and even when it was offline, doors kept randomly opening inside it and the machine was being derpy and weird.

I preferred C18 to this map, or even C11, as I hardly see any RP on C45 due to the sheer size of the map.

Offline Adam S

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 10:35:16 AM »
Noo, I love this Map don't  fucking change it please!

You might like it but is it worth all the brokenness?

Offline Ragnar the Viking

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 10:43:44 AM »
Well I wouldn't mind if we would change it...:S

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 10:51:53 AM »
I myself loved C45 and it brings back so many memories, so can we get karma or any other editor to fix the issues after the switch?
I cannot complain about the prop costs and I thought it was a good idea to prevent prop use unless it was really needed.
I never really got any lag in the area portals, so I have no comment about them.
And the RDT.... It took us 5 minutes to work a single ration cycle of about 6 or 7 people, the machine is derped so can't an editor just delete everything in there and instead just use a small door like on RDTs of times past?

I love C45 and always will, but I agree the issues should be fixed before we use the map 24/7.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 10:53:53 AM »
C45 is a good map for sure, but for all the reasons listed above I think we need to go back to C18 or C11. Also the prop cost is okay for people like me who have a salary so they can use alloted props, but anyone who hasen't donated is going to have a lot of trouble using props to rp at all.
C18.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.935 says "<:: Yes, I have a pipebomb. Do you require one?
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

Offline Adam S

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 11:09:47 AM »
I loved city45 but i knew it couldnt be fixed cause the copy we had was decompiled-recompiled-decompiled-recompided.  If everything was(could) be fixed id like it.

But for the love of Mary and jesus remove prop costs or allow CWU/CCA spawn them with no cost this is ridiculous.  I dont got 30k tokens to waste.(I do)

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 12:13:14 PM »
I agree... I think we need to change it.

Offline Adam S

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 12:55:05 PM »
Also the ENT count is still terribly high.  This is why props are scarce and you RSO at 30 people with almost no props spawned.

RTLK obviously wasn't thinking when he changed the maps. 

Offline Adam S

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 02:28:14 PM »
Walked around in my Cafe and all of a suddon everything vanished.  Still shadows of them but event he ent doors vanished!  This map must be changed.

Edit: forgot i posted here before please merge this

Offline Super Supreme Admiral Justin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 03:16:43 PM »
RSO 10 times while joining. Have to pay for props once im in to help new player or provide services, Lag like fuck while i walk from anywhere to the plaza. I don't think the benefits outweigh the losses.
Graphic artist | Web Designer | Gamer

Offline Phalanx

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2011, 03:22:32 PM »
No. Keep this map. I have seen less minges than C11 not to mention this map is awesome.

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 03:33:43 PM »
I like this map as well, but I'd suggest Karma to fix the areaportals and RDT. Then, no reason not to leave it.
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal