Author Topic: [12/05/2011] HRP update  (Read 3482 times)

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[12/05/2011] HRP update
« on: December 05, 2011, 04:07:15 PM »
Harbor RolePlay
Server Update

- Renamed the older Helicopter to H500 to avoid confusion.

- Added a new helicopter, LittleBird. It handles great and is pretty realisitic.

- Added a weapons package for the LittleBird. Cost is the same as for the H500 helicopter.
  It also changes it's model when upgraded to represent the weapons.

- Reduced the amount of players needed to smuggle packages to 5 from 6.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 04:27:44 PM by *anonim* »
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

Offline Christopher Jay

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [12/05/2011] HRP update
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 04:36:19 PM »
No offense tomasas, but coding harbor roleplay from scratch is the best idea if you want to attract more people.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 04:42:54 PM »
No offense tomasas, but coding harbor roleplay from scratch is the best idea if you want to attract more people.
Not really.
HRP could be fun at times when there are enough people online.
Coding a gamemode from scratch could be rather a whole other gamemode.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 04:57:46 PM »

No point, would just waste a lot of time. And the ideas would be mostly the same. It's not like the server is laggy or unstable or anything like that. Infact it has almost 0 Lua errors when it's running with players present.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 05:01:49 PM by *anonim* »
Stop assuming things.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 05:08:52 PM »
Not really.
HRP could be fun at times when there are enough people online.
Coding a gamemode from scratch could be rather a whole other gamemode.

I agree with Nick. If we were to code something from the bare ground, we should try something that had a high chance of getting popular. HRP would be the same ideas and the same concept so nothing would change and it's fine as it is tbh.

The only gamemode CG really has that is from the ground, is the deathrun by myself and max which didn't bring enough players. Hopefully TTD will bring some players.

Well yeah that is all kinda off-topic.

Nice update Tom ;)
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 05:11:12 PM »
I think this update was useless, well seeing its mostly just a simple rename and model change for the heli.  HRP needs so much more work done not to mention its core being ripped and possibly updated.  And new stuff of course if you want to make HRP amount to its great past.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 05:42:05 PM »
Just tried out the new heli. It's REALLY hard as hell to fly that thing, and you don't hear me saying that much because I'm usually pro in any aerial vehicle. But that's probably because it's WASD - mouse controlled, not WASD - arrows. And the fact the mouse Y is inverted... So Tom, is it possible to invert the mouse Y movements to going up with the mouse will lower the nose, and pulling the mouse towards you will higher the mouse (Just like a joystick would.)

But yeah, even though it's hard as hell, it gives people a challenge to learn how to fly that thing and when that is done, it's a VERY good helicopter. Flies very smooth, not buggy and random movements like the old one did.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Christopher Jay

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 05:46:20 PM »
Try freezing all servers other than harbor rp, see if anyone is interested at all - lol.

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 06:15:18 PM »
Well just more stuff to buy now, no major upgrade that I can get at the moment.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 11:19:23 PM »
Looks like Harbor Roleplay isn't getting enough credit. (Barely anyone plays it.)

I'll be sure to hop on it and try and help populate it. Honestly, it looks pretty cool.

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 05:53:20 AM »
Just tried out the new heli. It's REALLY hard as hell to fly that thing, and you don't hear me saying that much because I'm usually pro in any aerial vehicle. But that's probably because it's WASD - mouse controlled, not WASD - arrows. And the fact the mouse Y is inverted... So Tom, is it possible to invert the mouse Y movements to going up with the mouse will lower the nose, and pulling the mouse towards you will higher the mouse (Just like a joystick would.)

There are settings for the LittleBird on Q menu>Options. You can invert the mouse up and down control there and a lot more.
Stop assuming things.

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 08:30:41 AM »
This is nice, and I just noticed what the binary in your name said.  I never bothered decoding it until got Borderlands.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 01:25:44 PM »

There are settings for the LittleBird on Q menu>Options. You can invert the mouse up and down control there and a lot more.

Winning :D Going to try it out right now. I'll probably be so much easier and better if I would be able to use my arrow keys :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal