Author Topic: Few things for FireFighters  (Read 7401 times)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Few things for FireFighters
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 08:05:30 PM »
Well, in that case wake I'll say add it too.
Also, make it have a ram or something, plus make it fire proof, so you can push things away from the fire or out of the fire.

Idk bout that... but... Tow trucks can't tow Fire trucks, but ut a hook on this and give it the ability to tow a truck would... be something.... actually... eh. Karmas call.
Not like that...  I mean to push things out of a fire... you would not be able to tow...
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline fergfin

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 08:12:51 PM »
+Support

This would be really good as it would bring some sort of a goal system into firefighters, thus hopefully attracting more players to go as firefighter.

Something that I think would be cool to give firefighters is a same kind of thing as the EMS get (life alert). Maybe an alarm goes off in the station with a beacon showing where a big fire is. The beacon (like the life alert one) would have the location and the "type" of fire. For example: "Structural Fire, MTL HQ. Code 3."

Also, with the Chiefs car, it would definitely be a lot faster, so it could get to the fire, evacuate any people, and block off traffic. Maybe it has traffic cones or something in the back? Also, maybe they get a chance to call in a fire support helicopter for an extremely large fire. So they get direct communication with the Mayor to fund it. Much like how a Police Chief can call in SWAT.

With the "level two" firefighter, maybe they receive access to a more powerful hose, longer lasting fire extinguishers, faster trucks or a more resistant fire jacket?

Anyways, something needs to be added into the firefighter system.  ;)

Offline Sir Binary

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 03:47:29 AM »
+Support

This would be really good as it would bring some sort of a goal system into firefighters, thus hopefully attracting more players to go as firefighter.

Something that I think would be cool to give firefighters is a same kind of thing as the EMS get (life alert). Maybe an alarm goes off in the station with a beacon showing where a big fire is. The beacon (like the life alert one) would have the location and the "type" of fire. For example: "Structural Fire, MTL HQ. Code 3."

Also, with the Chiefs car, it would definitely be a lot faster, so it could get to the fire, evacuate any people, and block off traffic. Maybe it has traffic cones or something in the back? Also, maybe they get a chance to call in a fire support helicopter for an extremely large fire. So they get direct communication with the Mayor to fund it. Much like how a Police Chief can call in SWAT.

With the "level two" firefighter, maybe they receive access to a more powerful hose, longer lasting fire extinguishers, faster trucks or a more resistant fire jacket?

I like the idea with the fire alert (Not sure it's possible to get it to tell the kind of fire?).
I don't really like the idea of Air Support since it isn't really needed? A single FF can easily put a huge fire out with some knowledge as FF in OCRP.
And for the thing with cones and stuff. If they instead added a Fire Chief job (at least 2 additional firefighters on) When a Chief is appointed to Chief by the mayor, he could go to a fire locker (or the police locker) and take cones and other "blocking" equipment. And make normal FF gets ladders from the locker (they should weight 0!)
And i like the idea for the Rank 2 FF. But isn't it only the citizen extinguisher that runs out?

Offline fergfin

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 06:35:43 AM »
+Support

I like the idea with the fire alert (Not sure it's possible to get it to tell the kind of fire?).
I don't really like the idea of Air Support since it isn't really needed? A single FF can easily put a huge fire out with some knowledge as FF in OCRP.
And for the thing with cones and stuff. If they instead added a Fire Chief job (at least 2 additional firefighters on) When a Chief is appointed to Chief by the mayor, he could go to a fire locker (or the police locker) and take cones and other "blocking" equipment. And make normal FF gets ladders from the locker (they should weight 0!)
And i like the idea for the Rank 2 FF. But isn't it only the citizen extinguisher that runs out?

Oh cheers, thanks for the help there, I was a little unsure with some of the stuff. (The extinguisher).

With the fire type thingy, I wonder if it is possible for the alert to determine the type of fire by the location. For example: A structural fire would be determined because it is located at subs, or a chemical fire is located because it is at the power plant? Pretty sketchy, but I could see it working.

Also, with the Fire Support thing, I was over-exaggerating with a heli. Idk :P
But I think there should be some sort of support able to be called in via a Fire Chief. Feel free to suggest!

Offline Sir Binary

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 07:13:06 AM »
+Support

Oh cheers, thanks for the help there, I was a little unsure with some of the stuff. (The extinguisher).

With the fire type thingy, I wonder if it is possible for the alert to determine the type of fire by the location. For example: A structural fire would be determined because it is located at subs, or a chemical fire is located because it is at the power plant? Pretty sketchy, but I could see it working.

Also, with the Fire Support thing, I was over-exaggerating with a heli. Idk :P
But I think there should be some sort of support able to be called in via a Fire Chief. Feel free to suggest!
Glad i could help you a bit :b But i still don't like the idea of support. Simply because a single firefighter can take out a whole fire. They just need to know how to handle it :)

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 02:19:30 PM »
Also, make it have a ram or something, plus make it fire proof, so you can push things away from the fire or out of the fire.

Idk bout that... but... Tow trucks can't tow Fire trucks, but ut a hook on this and give it the ability to tow a truck would... be something.... actually... eh. Karmas call.
Not like that...  I mean to push things out of a fire... you would not be able to tow...
No need to push something out when the Fire comes first. Recovery comes after the fire is out and the area is safe.

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2013, 03:39:53 PM »

No need to push something out when the Fire comes first. Recovery comes after the fire is out and the area is safe.

yea try explaining that to tow truck drivers.. I was cop and a tow truck driver threatened to file a BR on me because I wouldn't let him tow a car that was on fire.  He wouldn't listen so I said go ahead if you really wan to... So his car caught on fire.  I called in fire department and said told you so.
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2013, 09:43:06 PM »
Yup yup. Welp so far much support, not much negative support, any comments from Devs/anyone else? :3

Offline Kasatka ???

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2013, 07:38:47 AM »
If ocrp was serious, i'd give this max support. However being semi serious, im not so sure about the supervisor vehicle. Unless it actually does something script wise and its only available if another engine is on, i dont see much use for it other then for us serious players.
Why take away the fun from us serious players just because the server is semi-serious? It's set at semi-serious, so the rules are that strict, but the seriousness is infinite.

I say add it. Would definitely add goals to firefighter, and would be really fun to RP.
If we are going this far we could use a brush truck. More or less a smaller truck (Ford F350 equivalent) to get in tighter spots that the fire truck finds more difficult. Though it isn't meant to carry water itself it can be a hose extension from nearby trucks that would be too slow or too hard to move in tight areas. I been holding onto that idea since PE.
Keep it quiet and they won't know what killed them.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2013, 08:06:20 PM »
If ocrp was serious, i'd give this max support. However being semi serious, im not so sure about the supervisor vehicle. Unless it actually does something script wise and its only available if another engine is on, i dont see much use for it other then for us serious players.
Why take away the fun from us serious players just because the server is semi-serious? It's set at semi-serious, so the rules are that strict, but the seriousness is infinite.

I say add it. Would definitely add goals to firefighter, and would be really fun to RP.
If we are going this far we could use a brush truck. More or less a smaller truck (Ford F350 equivalent) to get in tighter spots that the fire truck finds more difficult. Though it isn't meant to carry water itself it can be a hose extension from nearby trucks that would be too slow or too hard to move in tight areas. I been holding onto that idea since PE.
Not half bad to be honest... Only one I've seen before was back in training... Would be Ideal and nice.... however... What car should it be... the Escalde would need a new skin redo if not a new model entirely... Just to get the looks right...

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2013, 08:23:37 PM »

Not half bad to be honest... Only one I've seen before was back in training... Would be Ideal and nice.... however... What car should it be... the Escalde would need a new skin redo if not a new model entirely... Just to get the looks right...
Maybe the Jeep?  Or GMC vendura vab thing.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Kasatka ???

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2013, 09:58:45 PM »

I'm sure there are some models out there we can port maybe. Wouldn't look right if we just re-skinned an already existing car. I mean where is the hose coming from? The empty space in the back? :p
Keep it quiet and they won't know what killed them.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2013, 10:08:18 PM »
True true... not sure where we can get the models.... Not sure how we are on terms with SGM... but if he was to make some new models for us that would be cool.

Offline fergfin

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2013, 11:14:48 PM »
Bumped.

This needs to approved by a developer.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2013, 07:55:27 AM »
Added a longer hose at +6 hours as FF. Not adding the car for now.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal