Author Topic: EMS and Fire Siren Stuff  (Read 2787 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
EMS and Fire Siren Stuff
« on: May 19, 2013, 02:15:27 PM »
The police have an alt siren so I thought 'why does the fire and ems have to be stuck with the boring BAAAGH horn?' So here's my suggestions;

For EMS

If your siren is on and you push alt, it restarts the sound from the beginning. This is called a manual. It's used when arriving on scene or when not using the siren for a full loop to go through intersections.

For Fire

Instead of the single truck horn, why not have a looping horn to play? This would only be needed while lights are on.

Or, this alternative for both

Have them play the pier/phaser sound. That's the third siren sound used mainly for intersections or people not moving out of the way.

Bottom line is, having that old air horn is just old and silly when you hear people using it.

Offline fergfin

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: EMS and Fire Siren Stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 09:24:22 PM »
I completely agree, I feel pretty stupid blasting a fog horn "BLAAAAGH" at pedestrians when rushing to a fire.

I like the idea of the phaser. I have heard it quite often and it is quite a good sound. I'll hunt down some samples for you Statua.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 12:16:28 AM »
Yeah that would be nice. I like both ideas. Our fire trucks in vegas has 3 sirens and a horn. (rarely use the 3rd one, but we have it)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 12:16:58 AM »
I completely agree, I feel pretty stupid blasting a fog horn "BLAAAAGH" at pedestrians when rushing to a fire.

I like the idea of the phaser. I have heard it quite often and it is quite a good sound. I'll hunt down some samples for you Statua.
No need, I already have one made. The two things I'm good with for developing is sound and maps. I made all the current sirens and that lifealert tone.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 01:33:42 PM »
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 01:35:28 PM by Statua »

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 03:16:05 PM »
Here's a perfect looping phaser I made last night.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52871438/sounds/ocrp2_phaser.wav

Also, here's a firetruck air horn.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52871438/sounds/firetruck_buzzer.mp3

The phaser is a good one for ambulance, not sure on firetrucks, however it depends where you live and what trucks you have. Ours is... well deeper sounding more or less, we don't use it though. We do however use it a shit ton on our Rescue truck. On our engines and ladders its barely used.

Offline fergfin

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 10:43:17 PM »
Yeah, the ambulance one is really good, but I think the firetruck needs to be a little lower.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 10:54:00 PM »
Yeah, the ambulance one is really good, but I think the firetruck needs to be a little lower.
Maybe put the phaser on the ambulance and I'll make a loop of the firetruck horn for that?

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 11:17:44 PM »
Maybe put the phaser on the ambulance and I'll make a loop of the firetruck horn for that?
Yeah, lets see how that works, still, we need a function/ alt / right click for the ambulance and firetruck for these to be added... Karma? Yes?

Offline Jake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 12:06:46 AM »
That firefighter horn is pretty accurate, it's used in our county for basically telling people that there's an extremely urgent fire, and literally the entire left lane clears and lets the truck pass. +support, I would like to see the horns changed up on emergency vehicles instead of the "BLAAAA" sound..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgViyDwhEo4

example

I know 4 different coding languages, learning LUA right now. aw yis

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 07:02:13 AM »
Statua get with me on steam sometime soon, I'll see if what you suggested to me the other day is feasible.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 01:38:10 PM »
Made about 20 new sounds for OCRP and a whole new set of sirens with the alternates. They might be added soon (-Karma). Locked and moved.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal