Author Topic: Police Rank Suggestion.  (Read 1876 times)

Offline TheTemplar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Police Rank Suggestion.
« on: May 19, 2013, 04:29:07 AM »
Id like to see a some changes done to the police ranks.

Level 1 Recruit
Level 2 Officer
Level 3 Corporal
Level 4 Sergeant
Level 5 Lieutenant

Detectives are a specialized part of the rank system.

Also on the rank insignia on the sleeves can be held the same. Although for the Lieutenant rank instead of keeping it the same as a Sergeant it can be a Silver Bar.

And also for the Chief it should be ranked as Captain.

This will greatly help distinguishing high ranked and experienced officers.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Police Rank Suggestion.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 04:39:58 AM »
In many departments, detective is not a specialized part of the rank system, it is a normal part of the rank progression.
Live free or die

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 05:30:45 AM »
In many departments, detective is not a specialized part of the rank system, it is a normal part of the rank progression.

this. The ocrp police structure is loosly based on the LAPD structure. And I will not change it at all except the layout of it because I don't want more models to have to be added. Anything else to be done to it will be perks of the levels and the like. The base structure is set as it stands now.

Not to mention generally Sergeant is usually the highest ranking field officer, the higher ups generally are special calls and desk work. So yes.

Offline TheTemplar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 06:55:48 AM »
That's where I was heading. It's not following a realistic state as you said. But the point of a Lieutenant is to provide a Higher if any case may be that a chief isn't appointed or unable to act. Which includes warranting searches. Many times cops can't act due to long waits for a response from a mayor is one is even appointed. A Lieutenant on the scene can issue a warrant. Maybe have this a "Special" rank given by the admins to a person that is known for great RP and does his/her job right 98% of the time above the rank of Sergeant.

My intention is that a lieutenant would act more like a armed forces officer that is in the front line with his men.

Offline TheTemplar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 03:19:09 AM »
Some more feedback would be appreciated.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 07:04:29 AM »
I've spoken with templar in steam regarding this. Going to lock it and consider it denied for now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal