Author Topic: Player-Run Radio Stations  (Read 2101 times)

Offline MOOcow

• MOO
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Player-Run Radio Stations
« on: April 20, 2013, 10:46:49 PM »
With the release of OCRP2, we lost many decent radio stations.
Now are left with Jazz, Shitty Dubstep, 90's, Oldies, Reggae, and CatalystFM

Yes, it's nice that these are here, but we are lacking a lot of modern music. CatalystFM plays decent music when it's online.

So, how about letting users pay for their own ShoutCast server and run their own station. Of course, there would be a limit on the number of available stations.

I personally would pay for my own ShoutCast server if I could get some good dubstep in OCRP.

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Player-Run Radio Stations
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 10:58:41 PM »
I'd like to have a selection on the radio where you can choose to play your own music off your PC. Would be better than having to set up your own radio station and etc.

Offline MOOcow

• MOO
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 11:37:31 PM »
I'd like to have a selection on the radio where you can choose to play your own music off your PC. Would be better than having to set up your own radio station and etc.
That would be nice, but I think the whole point of the radio is for RP. Maybe through your phone to simulate the iPod function of the iPhone, and in your car if you have a phone. (Cars with aux jacks)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 11:44:31 PM »
That would be nice, but I think the whole point of the radio is for RP. Maybe through your phone to simulate the iPod function of the iPhone, and in your car if you have a phone. (Cars with aux jacks)
Same with the club, you can use your songs if you have the phone.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 01:24:47 PM »
You're going to need to talk to Mmmaaattt about this, as he runs the CGFM and the radio in-game is under his control/discretion.

Offline knoxed

• #YOLO
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 03:25:10 PM »
How about a menu on the radio pops up, where you can enter the direct ip/link to the shoutcast stream, and the radio will play the music.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 01:38:16 PM »
Hey. Sorry for the late as fuck reply, but this kinda fell to the back really quick :/

You're welcome to start your own radio station, and then suggest it to be added to OCRP2, as long as it runs 24/7. We, however, won't take more "official" stations to CG. We have CGFM, which is all we're having for now.

I'll class this as accepted.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal