Author Topic: Me, us, them. The story and legacy.  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Cabana

• View Profile
    • Awards
Me, us, them. The story and legacy.
« on: December 26, 2011, 02:07:11 PM »
Shit man. It's been a long time since I wrote. I'm not even sure what to write about. I don't even know if I can write properly... But I felt like I had to do this. One day. That day has come. This is my last letter to Emily.

Chapter I: Emily, Uncle, memories

Emily, my love, I still remember the last time I saw you, you were sleeping by my side, on that horrible, sad train full of people crying, that would lead us to one of the new cities composed by the Combine. I ask myself why, why that attitude?...
You shouldn't have done it... We could still be together if you hadn't done it... But I guess, it's our destiny, to live and die, together or apart... Oh Emily, my love... You're gone and I can't change it. I won't share any of my tears anymore, as they will go in vain.
Oh, Emily... What they did to Uncle... It's unforgivable, unforgettable and undeniable. But that's just a part of me. The rest belongs to you, and always will, until I die or someone forgets about me. They shall pay. They will pay. Every single one of them, I can promise you that. There isn't much left about me, except these new friends and enemies that I made. But that's a long story. Pull a chair and sit.

Chapter II: A long story

Right after they took you away, I had to go back to my new life. Not for long, but I was ordered to do so. Not that I liked it, not that I LIKE it. Everything, everyone was falling apart. People getting shot on the streets, chaos, disgraces, babies being thrown into plastic bags. I remember mumbling to myself, as I was acknowledging the fact that we are the last generation of Humanity. The world went from green to grey. Most of the trees were either sawed down or burnt, the other animal species were eradicated, but I still hope that some managed to escape, so that, one day if we have such luck, we will rebuild society like it used to be before this motherfucking invasion. All these thoughts were passing through my head when I was startled by some gasmask guy that tried to beat the fuck out of me just because I was leaning on the wall. There was no one on the alley at that time, I lost my mind, beat the shit out of him and threw him in the trashcan that was on my left. Ran like fuck, to the train, bought a ticket to City 45 with the money I had left after the old coin was exchanged by a new sort of currency. I spent the whole time thinking about what happened on that alley, until the train suddenly stopped and some gasmask dudes came in. My heart started beating so fast, that I thought that it was going to explode. I could feel everything at that moment, and I thought: "That's it, they got me. I'm going to be turned into one of those soulless freaks. One of them approached me. Seemed like a high ranked guy. As he opened his mouth, I wondered: It's my ending. But no. He asked me for my I.D, and I applied. He welcomed me to the new city, gave me a suitcase where I would carry all my shit from that moment on. "Thanks", I replied. Stepped out of the train station, grabbed a cigarette I had left in my pocket. Lighted it up, without anyone noticing, and walked to the local shop. I opened the door; saw a group of guys in a green, dirty old uniform and beanies on their heads. I walked in, said hello. A bald guy, who seemed to stand out from the others, whispered on my ear: "You look like the type. Now, drop that suitcase and that card, and tell us the story of your life." And so I did, getting in the local Resistance group. The first months were difficult, but I was already handling myself really good. We did a lot of shit together. Kane, Russel, Katsumoto, Kesh, Rachel, Amber, Lawrence, Shadix, Krumins, James and me. We spent months together. Kept saving each others' asses. But things didn't go out as planned. Kesh died, Rachel died, Amber died, Lawrence disappeared, Shadix as well, Krumins did too, but I found him again. Katsumoto disappeared on a cold night and I never saw him again. Russel... Nobody knows what happened. He's either dead or left to the outlands. Good guy. I'll never forget any of these. The only ones left were me and Kane. We stood together a lot of time, until Uncle was murdered. I had to leave for weeks to the city where they killed him, and find the guy responsible for it. I lost track of everyone who I had once rolled with. Months passed by, until I decided to forget my old life, and went to City 18. That's where I found him again, Kane,  together with Eriks and Russel, but like I said, never saw the guy again since then. We helped a lot of people, hunted down a lot of CP officers. We did so much shit that we had the OTA and CP on our tails, about to inform other cities. The city was falling apart by then, so we went on a trip to the local Nexus, managed to delete all the info on us, I don’t remember how. Left for 23, where I'm writing this letter now. Kane’s here. We met a guy. He calls himself by Plague. Let’s see how things go. I just hope he’s not another trigger-happy anti-citizen that thinks he can fight Combine openly. That’s not how it goes. Maybe me and Kane can teach him about the old ways. Maybe not.

We're making history here. History that will change everything that you know and knew. We will fall, and rise, until we can't. United, forever, we will stay together. Until we die.

P.S: I'll write more of this shit if I don't die in the process or forget about it.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 08:48:17 AM by Cabana »

Offline Cabana

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Me, us, them. The story and legacy.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 08:21:42 AM »
Chapter III: Starting from scratch

City Twenty-three was a disgrace. The Civil Protection was stronger than us. All our suppliers had been captured, Plague went crazy and decided to start working with a secret group of anti-citizens, who he thought to be here to help. Plain wrong, they were UU loyalists, and by the time we knew what they actually were, it was too late. Everybody knew everything about me and Kane. I exploded in anger, if I could say so; went after them. Kane said that my attempt of going after them was going to be in vain, but it wasn't. They were so dumb to the point of forgetting to lock their apartment. I know where they were hanging at, so I shot the lock, went in, and what I found was absolutely... I can't describe. Pictures of me and Kane were hanging on the wall. I remember seeing books of the Union on the table, and something that seemed to be a diary. I grabbed the diary, read the first pages. What I had found written was unbelievable; the diary was all about us. The places they went through to find us, to discover our names, I don't know, I can't remember anymore. I called Kane, he could not believe what he was reading.

After this whole episode, I pulled my  lighter out of my left pocket and burned everything. Just when we were heading out of the apartment complex, we saw them walk in. And, shit, this was our moment. I whispered to Kane, "Your SMG better not jam this time.”. He nodded back to me. I pulled out my shotgun, and loaded 3 shells. The group was composed by, like, let’s see, ten guys or so. We quickly went into another room, waiting for them to see what happened to their. As they started babbling, we ran inside their apartment and shot everyone down. If you were to ask me, if I still have feelings? I do. Not for everyone.
These motherfuckers were trying to end our lives, this had to be done. There was a huge pool of blood on the floor, we had to leave. But this wasn't over yet. We walked back to the hideout, but he was not there. I always knew he was a fucking rat. I was yelling at how he betrayed us like a little bitch when suddenly we heard footsteps by the hideout's door. The footsteps were making the floor shake a bit, so I  immediately knew it was an OTA squad. It was no surprise, nor I was scared, anymore. I've been in such horrid situations, so I can't feel any kind of fear, anymore. But you know what, I wasn't in the mood for fighting. I told Kane that we should get out of there. We did, ran back to the train station, using one of the secret tunnels to get there. Before getting on the train, we threw our guns and uniforms to the sewer and closed the manhole. I'm not sure what our fate will be. I don't even know where we're heading to. If I have time to write later, I will. I hope.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 08:48:40 AM by Cabana »

Offline Cabana

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Me, us, them. The story and legacy.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 12:23:16 PM »
Chapter IV: The game has changed

The train doors opened. As I opened my eyes... I couldn't believe it. City Forty-five... We meet again. I walked out of the train, holding my suitcase on my left hand. I glanced at the train and started walking to the front door. Opened the door, the sun beams hit my face. I can't believe in what this place turned into. I threw my suitcase in the trash dumpster and started walking to D6. When I walked back to our old base I noticed that they had  closed the tunnels to the farm and to the canals. For a moment I lost all my hope on this place, fell on my knees. I remembered everything that happened in this city in the previous year, and all the faces of everyone that I met went through my mind. They all died, but since then I still can't achieve something. Why. Why only I survived? It's not fair. Everyone else is dead, and I'm alive! I don't understand, is this a punishment? Or is someone putting FATE in my hands? I still remember when I first stepped on this city. Everyone was out of their mind, total chaos. But you know what? I preferred the chaos. Now this shit is full of loyalists and CP. But no, fuck all of them, I ain't afraid of you.

After all this, I decided to go search for a place to stay. The old apartment blocks were mixed and are now one huge apartment complex with a lot of rooms. I went in and the guy with the CWU uniform gave me a key. He tried to talk with me, but all I did was point at the keys. I don't want no contact, this place is full of loyalist scum and liars.

I hear heavy footsteps. It's another sweep. They can't afford to find this book. I wish I could write dates on top of each texts, but I've lost track of time.
Fuck, they're knocking at the door. Time to hide you, little boy.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 08:48:55 AM by Cabana »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal