Author Topic: Petya's Story  (Read 1592 times)

Offline Saints Sasha

• View Profile
    • Awards
Petya's Story
« on: December 23, 2012, 09:27:22 PM »
Date: September 3rd, 2017
Time: 2:47 AM

Cold gusts of wind blew Petya's long dark brown hair back as he walked through the deserted dark street. He held a small brown bag in his hand, his knees were shaking as he walked. He kept turning his head to look over his shoulder. His heart was beating faster then ever and his breathing was fast, deep, and shrill. A loud APC motor broke the silence, spooking Petya, but he realzed it was somewhere in the distance. He inhaled deeply as he turned the corner and set the bag down, as he did so something loudly clanged inside, he quickly and cautiously looked around. He then slowly un-zipped the bag, and took something out, it seemed to be an aluminum spray can. As he moved it out of the bag the metal ball inside clanged loudly with each movement the can made. Petya shook the can with all his strength, looking over his shoulder as he did so. It was heard few districts away due to such silence. He then proceeded to spray some paint into the air, it made quite "PSHHH!" sound, but to Petya it sounded like and explosion. His breathing got faster and faster, he could feel his heartbeat. He then started spraying something on the wall, even a slight movement of the can made the metal ball clang loudly. Before Petya could even finish the second letter of the word a loud vocoded voice shouted from across the street, "Anti-Citizen!". As Petya dropped the spray can, and pushed himself up off the ground a bright spotlight blinded him, he was running, but he couldn't see where. He could feel his knees giving up, a shot rang out from behind him and he dropped to the ground with a helpless yelp. He took his last look at the moon and lost his consciousness. Two dark figures approached his motionless body, the figure on the left chuckled. A pool of blood was getting bigger and slowly followed the crack on the street. A vocoded voice quietly said, "Clean this mess up, you got twenty minutes.". One of the figure then walked towards the  cans and the wall that was written on. The figure wiped the paint on the wall, it was dry and spelled "ON-". The figure exhaled deeply through it's vocoder and crouched down inspecting the bag. The other two figures dragged Petya's body towards the APC, the body was never seen again...

Date: December 1st, 2016
Time: 3:00 PM

The Overwatch Voice echoed through the streets, "Attention, All City Nineteen Residents! Daily Rations Will Be Handed Out in The City Hall at Sixteen O'clock." Petya was reading City 19 Daily Newspaper, which was written by the City Administrator. He sniffed, trying to keep the disgust off of his face as he read the paper. He mumbled something in Russian and threw the paper on the ground with anger, the man next to him chuckled and smiled, but didn't look at Petya. The man had dark gray hair, a 5 o'clock shadow, and reading glasses. Before Petya even looked over at him he was struck with a stunbaton in the back of his head, he didn't know waht hit him. He fell to his knees, grabbing the back of his head in pain. "Ah! What the he-..", Petya couldn't finish his sentence, he was struck in the gut by a hard boot. He fell backwards on his buttocks and leaned against the wall, holding his gut and breathed very quickly. A CCA unit stood over him, "Pick. That. Up.", the unit said with anger in his voice. Petya looked up at the unit with a grumpy face, as Petya was about to try and get up, a gust of wind picked up, taking the paper with the wind. Petya smirked at the unit, the unit brutally smashed Petya in the face with a fist. Petya yelped falling to his side, he closed his eyes and groaned. The man who was sitting next to him, stood up and walked away without looking back. The unit chuckled few times and said, "Looks like I'll have to issue a beating now, huh?". Petya clenched his fists and shut his eyes even harder, then the unit raised his stunbaton and smashed Petya's ribs full force around 10 times. Petya weakly rolled over on his back and groaned in pain. The unit chuckled once more, walking away and saying something into the radio.

Petya tried taking a deep breath, but he felt sharp pain in his left lung and coughed harshly. He used the side of the bench to get up, his hand shook uncontrollably as he did so. He placed his elbows on his knees and held his head in his hands. Each breath was painful, making Petya couch after each breath. He looked up and saw the same unit walking back towards him. Petya instinctively covered his head, and begged the unit, "Please! I didn't do anything!". The unit sighted and grabbed Petya's hand, pushing it away from his head. "Name and CID?" the unit asked with no emotion in his voice. Petya mumbled his full name and CID. the unit tapped on his datapad and put it back on his utility belt. The unit stared at Petya for a second then said, "Don't waste your time in line waiting for a Ration today..." Petya looked up at the unit with devastated eyes, he wanted to say something, but his body wouldn't let him, his throat felt like there was a hairball in it. The unit walked off silently after that. Petya got up, and stumbled back to his Apartment, he was very angry, but he didn't know how to react. He spent the rest of the day laying on the couch, hungry, cold, and mad.

Date: December 3rd, 2016
Time: 9:29 AM

Petya stood in the loving room, looking over the Plaza. Occasionally the wooden ceiling would creek when someone walked upstairs. The sun glared right through the window, making the dust particles visible. Outside four units were patrolling as usual, the man who Petya saw two days ago was sitting on the same bench. Petya looked at him, he then quickly proceeded to rush out of the apartment, through the hall, and down the stairs. Petya quickly walked through the arch into the Plaza. When he got there the man was gone, Petya looked around, surprised. Then a patrolling CCA Officer bumped into Petya, he stumbled off to the side. The unit shouted, "Watch where you're going, citizen!", the unit then forcefully pushed Petya towards the wall and walked away. Petya wanted to apologise, but the unit was already gone. Petya walked through the street, he turned around the corner into an alley. He heard shouting and shooting not far from him, he stopped and looked down the alley. Out of nowhere another citizen came out running towards Petya, he looked Petya in the eyes, clearly scared. He stopped near Petya panting and mumbled through his heavy breathing, "H-help!" Petya didn't know what to do at first, but he then motioned the man to follow him. They both went into another alley, they walked quickly and cautiously. Petya opened a black metal door, and let the man in first, he then followed him in, closing the door. The room was dark and smelled horribly, only some light was getting in through the cracks in the wooded up windows.

The man was very sweaty and was panting against the wall, he had dirty blond hair his sleeves were rolled up, showing many wounds and bruises. Petya sat down on the cold floor, and crossed his arms on his knees. The man looked at Petya and mumbled, "Thank you... Thank you so much.", he took a deep breath and leaned against the wall closing his eyes. Petya tried smiling, but he couldn't, he couldn't even realise what he just did. If anyone found out, he would be executed immediately, he helped a man escape an arrest. The man looked at Petya and said, "I'm Louie, you?". Petya looked at Louie and replied, "Uh... P-Petya." Louie nodded, but he was still visibly very afraid. The silence in the room was broken by an APC alarm echoing outside. Louie asked, "How did you know of this place, man?" Petya quietly replied, "I come here... to get away from reality sometimes.", he sniffed few times, lowering his head. Louie looked around the dark room and said, 'We should probably stay here for a bit, then I need to get to the underground tunnels." Petya looked up at Louie with a confused face and said, "Are you crazy?! I'm not going to the tunnels!." Louie smirked, "We're in this together now, and we need to help each other. I know where we can stay, we will get help." Petya sighted and nodded, "Fuck... You owe me... big time."

Few hours passed, Louie and Petya got to know each other a little more, Petya didn't like Louie that much already. "Alright, let's go.", Louie said with confidence in his voice. Petya stood up and asked, "How are we even getting inside the tunnels, they got surveillance all over the city.", Louie replied "I know a quick route from here." They both cautiously got out of the room, and Petya followed Louie. After thirty minutes of walking around the alley ways and restricted areas they finally reached a sewer entrance. They both climbed in, the smell was horrible and the floor was wet. They were both exhausted and decided to sleep in an old boiler room...

Date: December 4th, 2016
Time: 5:11 AM

Both men woke up because of a very loud screeching noise somewhere outside of the boiler room. Petya rubbed his eyes, asking Louie, "What the hell is that?" Louie replied, "There is a rail system right above us.", as he stretched his back. Louie got up, offering his hand to Petya, "Let's head out, we should be home free soon.", he pulled Petya up onto his feet. They spent the next hour walking through waste filled and radioactive sewer tunnels. They passed a dead body, it looked like the woman was killed less then a day ago. Petya stared at the body as they passed by it, Louie just sighted and kept on walking. Once they reached a utility staircase Louie jogged up the stairs, but Petya stopped and asked, "Wait... we're going up to the surface?", Louie smorked and replied, "I never said we would stay in this shit hole, did I?" Petya shrugged and followed him.

Once they hit the surface the sunrise blinded them, the streets were deserted, only noise that was heard was a mechanical buzz in the distance. Suddenly a scanner flews over one of the roofs, Louie forcefully pulled Petya behind the corner and motioned him to be quite. Petya nodded and kept close to the wall, they heard the scanner slowly pass by. Louie looked around the corner, he then motioned Petya to head out with him. They jogged across the old main street into a building. They entered a humid, dusty, and poorly lit apartment complex. Petya nervously asked, "Is this under the CCA control?". Louie shook his head as they walked up the creaky stairs, once they got up to the fifth floor Louie banged on the door four times. They both heard multiple locks being unlocked, and then the door oepend, a woman with dirt on her face was peaking out of it. Louie sighted and said to her, "How many times did I tell you to make sure it isn't Metrocops, huh?". She walked inside the room replying, "Whatever...", Louie looked at Petya and shook his head, "Come in.", he said. Petya walked into an apartment full of old crates, the windows were boarded up with few cracks letting the light in. Louie locked the door behind them and put his hand on Petya's shoulder leading him to the living room.

Inside the living room the same woman that unlocked the door, was looking out of the crack in the boarded up window silently. On the couch two men played cards, one of them was shirtless, all of them had dirty hands and faces. Louie grabbed an open beer bottle from the coffee table as he walked into the room and loudly said, "This is... Petya! He saved my life, make him feel at home.", the two men nodded. being mostly focused on the card game. The woman looked over towards Petya and said, "I'm Clare.", she smiled. Petya nodded with a smile and looked around the room more. Louie sat on one of the chairs in the room, and took a sip of his beer, "You can sleep on the couch, he pointed at an old ripped up couch on which the two men sat. Before Petya could reply Clare quickly turned around and loudly whispered, "Quite! CPs!." Everyone in the room was motionless and quite. Outside how ever multiple vocoed voices spoke and somewhat synchronised foot steps passed by near the building.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 03:44:07 PM by Saints Sasha »
-Half-Life 2 Characters-

C45.CCA.S1-RCT.226

UU.COTA-THETA.OWR.23988

C45.CCA.JURY-05.034

John White

Stephen Jackson (Tier-2 Bus.)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal