Author Topic: Server Suggestion: Underdone  (Read 11329 times)

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Server Suggestion: Underdone
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2013, 02:21:05 PM »
I don't know why people complain about servers only being populated for a short time. Doesn't really matter if it gives our members something fun to do and can bring in entirely new members. Pretty sure me and Rofl would like an underdone server, not too sure about Tomasas or any of the lua devs. I can't say it'll be too soon if we do throw one up, maybe if you guys really want it done now we'll look into it a bit sooner but no promises.

At least for me (i don't know if this goes for Tom as well), it's due to the work put into setting the servers up, link it with all of our forum databases, ranks and shit, only to see it die out 2 weeks later. That's kinda annoying :/

And from what i can understand from some of Smt's first posts, this is not 100% done. Still an issue with a quest? Probably other issues that will follow up when nothing is 100% working.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2013, 02:25:58 PM »
I don't know why people complain about servers only being populated for a short time. Doesn't really matter if it gives our members something fun to do and can bring in entirely new members. Pretty sure me and Rofl would like an underdone server, not too sure about Tomasas or any of the lua devs. I can't say it'll be too soon if we do throw one up, maybe if you guys really want it done now we'll look into it a bit sooner but no promises.

At least for me (i don't know if this goes for Tom as well), it's due to the work put into setting the servers up, link it with all of our forum databases, ranks and shit, only to see it die out 2 weeks later. That's kinda annoying :/

And from what i can understand from some of Smt's first posts, this is not 100% done. Still an issue with a quest? Probably other issues that will follow up when nothing is 100% working.
I understand that completely but I'm almost 100% sure it'll last much longer than two weeks. I know most lua devs are busy with other things at the moment, that's why I said it probably won't be any time soon but I'm sure eventually someone will have time to look at the gamemode and figure out what's wrong and throw it up. I know Khub said he would have done TTT when he was done with the #1 priorities for hl2rp at the moment so maybe he'd do this over TTT if everyone really wanted it. You never know, really. I don't see the point it literally just saying no because we're not sure how activity would be, I mean if it was really unplayable and would take days just to fix then alright that's understandable but it appears to be just a few bugs if any.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2013, 03:03:12 PM »
A single quest not working doesn't mean anything, it isn't like a quest line, it's one level 1 quest that wont activate, but all the other quests work. I guess VIP/Gold/Admin setting up is a pain but seeing as this is a stem off from the one OC used i'd be surprised if it wasn't a 30 minute job

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2013, 09:03:09 PM »
I'm not too savy with LUA, but I can take a look at some of the bugs and such. It's only been like, two years since I've touched it, but if the issues aren't to huge I might be able to fix them. I'll try getting it setup on my computer when I've got some freetime (most likely this weekend), and see if I can find/fix the problem. Connecting the server to the forums and what not, that's a little bit much for me though  ;D

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2013, 10:06:10 PM »
Okay, the quest works fine, I'm just dumb.

Making items and quests, however much I hate it, is just straight up copy pasting and coming up with the ideas (story, rewards), I'd be happy to spend time coming up with new quests and items for us, everything else works 100% fine.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 10:28:07 PM »
I'd really like to see this come up, even if connection to the forums and creating GOLD/VIP ranks takes a little while to complete. I mean, it isn't crucial for gameplay to have that kind of stuff implemented on the server right away. It's obviously useful for the community and what not, but getting the gamemode up and running to a stable state first would be neat, and see how it all works out before having to go through all the rough stuff related to the forums.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2013, 11:04:32 PM »
I've spoken to Waffle and idk how much he wants me to say but we will 99.9% be having one, but we're probably going to work on it before it's released to make it separate from the public one (as it IS now public) and just to improve it for the community, so yeah, this will probably be going ahead~

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Server Suggestion: Underdone
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2013, 03:23:39 AM »
Okay, the quest works fine, I'm just dumb.

Making items and quests, however much I hate it, is just straight up copy pasting and coming up with the ideas (story, rewards), I'd be happy to spend time coming up with new quests and items for us, everything else works 100% fine.
If making quests and items work the same way as they did before, it is fairly easy to make them. I remember making a complete tier set of armor and weapons and make a chain quest to get it back in OC.
But you said making quests/armor is only easier now? Which means it would be a piece of cake.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2013, 03:29:47 AM »
I dunno how much easier as I never did it before, but the quests are literally a short block of lua and it's pretty much the same with items, new content for underdone is literally copy pasting (ugh but it is) and changing some values around

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2013, 04:07:22 AM »
This is great news! I will get thinking of some quests.

Offline Jeff2307

•    
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 05:02:03 PM »
I used to play a lot of underdone about a year ago and I really liked it :)
I would like to see how this turns out, and hopefully we'll ge the server.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2013, 04:08:08 AM »
I've never played it before though from what I've heard, it sounds pretty good.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline GavinThornBurgShire

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2013, 10:06:02 AM »
I say we should have this, I remember I was a level 352 on another server, they made it more tough to level up, so it is a good gamemode.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2013, 09:57:52 PM »
It will be a while before we put a server up, but as of now I think it's a strong possibility.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal