Author Topic: Gold VIP Bonus Suggestions  (Read 10714 times)

Offline GavinThornBurgShire

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Gold VIP Bonus Suggestions
« on: November 09, 2012, 04:38:58 PM »
Right I started playing harbour roleplay last week and had the idea to donate and i had to choose from VIP to Gold Member and when I saw the bonuses for VIP and Gold member no offence but I think Gold Membership is a rip off for what you get you can pay an extra $15 for a small addon to the VIP which is only $10.

So I will now come up with ideas to make Gold membership more money worthy.

Sorry for not knowing names for certain things.

Overall:

- Have the Ability to Votekick players.
- Have the Ability to Votemute or even the ability to mute players without a vote.
- player takes 15% less damage (not including HL2RP because you know its serious).

Harbour Roleplay:

- The Helicopter that costs 270K (also with the H500).
- A fishing boat.
- Instead of 50K give 70K.
- Make it so you get 50% more cash from when you sell your fish.
- You only have to wait 20 mins to do a smuggle.
- You only have to wait 6 hours (normally a day or 2) to do a pollution mission or what ever it is that the guy pays you to do at blue harbour.
- Able to buy all items from the entity menu (guns, misc, etc...) for 25/15% off.
- Can go a job even when the job app's are full.
- Spawn with 100 armour instead of 50.
- Have a higher fatigue bar.

HL2RP:

- Have a automatic ability to go CP or rebel when they donate gold (if they want too).

(I havent had a go to see what type of things there is in catalyst gaming HL2RP).

Gmod Racer 2:

- The player who donated receives Gold membership items only (Golden Turbo, Golden Engine, Golden Skins Etc...).
- The player receives 35k instead of 25k.
- Have the ability to kill people in the waiting queue with your car (rockets, etc...) for the next race/game.
- Have the ability to have 2 lives in a fight to survive derby, instead of being instantly out when killed.

OCRP:

- Instead of 10 pots make it so they can grow 20 and VIPs can grow 10.
- Be able to go Swat without play time but still cant go mayor without play time.
- Be able to get unlimited supply's from the police locker.
- Be given a decent Gold member car.
- Be able to buy items from NPC retailers for 25% off.

Please post more suggestions that you may have.

I am not saying these things need to be added, some might be terrible but think about making more gold membership bonuses, and you could make more money every month for the servers.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 04:43:58 PM by [IC] Verse Impotent »

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Gold VIP Bonus Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 05:16:42 PM »
When you get gold/VIP, you're not purchasing it. CG is giving you the rank as a thank you for donating, not as a product.

Overall:

- Have the Ability to Votekick players. Would help if there isn't an admin on, but it can be abused easily. I say no.
- Have the Ability to Votemute or even the ability to mute players without a vote.
- player takes 15% less damage (not including HL2RP because you know its serious). No. You're not a "God" compared to other players, you're a player that donated

Harbour Roleplay:

- The Helicopter that costs 270K (also with the H500). No. This would make the gamemode boring fast. You're supposed to work for your items, not buy them with irl money.
- A fishing boat. Same reason stated above.
- Instead of 50K give 70K. 50k is more than enough to get started, so I say no.
- Make it so you get 50% more cash from when you sell your fish. 50% is WAY too much. If at all, 10-15% more is enough, but I still don't support this.
- You only have to wait 20 mins to do a smuggle. We try to discourage constant crimerp and encourage passive, so I don't support this.
- You only have to wait 6 hours (normally a day or 2) to do a pollution mission or what ever it is that the guy pays you to do at blue harbour. I've actually never done this myself, but if at all I would not say 6 hours. If it's 1 day, make it 18 hours. 2 days. make it 36 hours.
- Able to buy all items from the entity menu (guns, misc, etc...) for 25/15% off. Would cause a unbalanced market. If you're gun dealer, and a regular is gun dealer then your weapons sell for less. I don't support this/
- Can go a job even when the job app's are full. This has been suggested, and I wouldn't mind it. But have a 3 player VIP/Gold limit.
- Spawn with 100 armour instead of 50. I'm not sure on this. If at all, VIP gets 50 and Gold gets 75.

HL2RP:

- Have a automatic ability to go CP or rebel when they donate gold (if they want too). Don't play HL2RP, so no idea what this is.

(I havent had a go to see what type of things there is in catalyst gaming HL2RP).

Gmod Racer 2:

- The player who donated receives Gold membership items only (Golden Turbo, Golden Engine, Golden Skins Etc...). I would say no to performance items, but yes to visual items. Stuff like skins, colors, etc. If you get an advantage over other players with speed, it's unfair.
- The player receives 35k instead of 25k. Not sure on this one.
- Have the ability to kill people in the waiting queue with your car (rockets, etc...) for the next race/game. No, just no.
- Have the ability to have 2 lives in a fight to survive derby, instead of being instantly out when killed. No, just no

OCRP:

- Instead of 10 pots make it so they can grow 20 and VIPs can grow 10. No. We try to encourage more passive rp rather than crime rp. More pots = more people growing = less fun for others.
- Be able to go Swat without play time but still cant go mayor without play time. Nah, it's good to have players get used to rules and the map before going SWAT.
- Be able to get unlimited supply's from the police locker. No no no no no. Totally unfair.
- Be given a decent Gold member car. Maybe one or two gold/VIP cars would be cool, but not overpowered. Just regular, daily drivers.
- Be able to buy items from NPC retailers for 25% off. Nope. You buy cheaper = you sell cheaper = regular players have no chance.

I am not saying these things need to be added, some might be terrible but think about making more gold membership bonuses, and you could make more money every month for the servers.

Honestly, it seems like you're giving VIP/Gold WAY too much of an advantage with these benefits. We give you some benefits in-game as a thank you for donating, but we're not making you superior to other players.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 05:34:00 PM »
not for VIP its for Gold membership i mean you pay $10 and you get a nice amount of loot but if you donate a topup if you wish of $15 you wont even realise that you got the gold member benefits cos there so small im saying you should add more benefits for GOLD membership donations.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 05:36:05 PM by [IC] Verse Impotent »

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 05:39:16 PM »
not for VIP its for Gold membership i mean you pay $10 and you get a nice amount of loot but if you donate a topup if you wish of $15 you wont even realise that you got the gold member benefits cos there so small im saying you should add more benefits for GOLD membership donations.
It is still way too much. All of these will give gold members an unfair advantage over regulars/VIPs.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 05:50:27 PM »
It is still way too much. All of these will give gold members an unfair advantage over regulars/VIPs.

I did say these dont have to be added i said these are suggestions for gold member bonuses.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 05:54:13 PM »

I did say these dont have to be added i said these are suggestions for gold member bonuses.
Yes, I know that. All suggestions won't be added unless approved, but just a lot of these suggestions would give gold members too much of an advantage over the rest of the server. We try to give you "thank you" benefits without giving you an advantage over players.

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 06:15:30 PM »
Most people jump straight in with the gold member rank because it is better overall. They have a huge advantage over the regular player as it is and to ask for even more on top is a bit ridiculous. As wakeboarder said you are donating to help support the running and maintenance of CG, It's a donation of your gratitude of the services which are provided to you and in return you are receiving a special rank to show your loyal attitude towards CG. The problem you are providing is asking too much of it and wanting bang for your buck it provides too much of an advantage over the regular player who may not be able to afford to donate. Some may cross the line to say it's a bit elitist.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 07:01:13 PM »
There is a reason this is called a suggestion these came from the top of my head when i started the topic, maybe they are over powering you can probably make others which arnt overpowering but its good to feel like your spent an extra $15 and got more maybe make something for gold membership only which is worth the money, trust me people don't donate unless its children in need or gmt, or if you have people with money burning there pockets.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 07:05:02 PM by [IC] Verse Impotent »

Offline tim

• SPACE JAM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 07:07:40 PM »
this would make regular members leave since people would get upset since they dont have the cash to donate and then just leave, so then it'd just be a frenzy of vip and gold members and you keep wanting to up it, since then it becomes the norm.
#

Offline GRID

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 08:25:53 PM »
Right I started playing harbour roleplay last week and had the idea to donate and i had to choose from VIP to Gold Member and when I saw the bonuses for VIP and Gold member no offence but I think Gold Membership is a rip off for what you get you can pay an extra $15 for a small addon to the VIP which is only $10.

So I will now come up with ideas to make Gold membership more money worthy.

Sorry for not knowing names for certain things.

Overall:

- Have the Ability to Votekick players.
- player takes 15% less damage (not including HL2RP because you know its serious).

Harbour Roleplay:

- The Helicopter that costs 270K (also with the H500).
- A fishing boat.
- Instead of 50K give 70K.
- Make it so you get 50% more cash from when you sell your fish.
- You only have to wait 6 hours (normally a day or 2) to do a pollution mission or what ever it is that the guy pays you to do at blue harbour.
- Able to buy all items from the entity menu (guns, misc, etc...) for 25/15% off.

HL2RP:

- Have a automatic ability to go CP or rebel when they donate gold (if they want too).

Gmod Racer 2:

- The player who donated receives Gold membership items only (Golden Turbo, Golden Engine, Golden Skins Etc...).
- The player receives 35k instead of 25k.
- Have the ability to kill people in the waiting queue with your car (rockets, etc...) for the next race/game.
- Have the ability to have 2 lives in a fight to survive derby, instead of being instantly out when killed.

OCRP:

- Instead of 10 pots make it so they can grow 20 and VIPs can grow 10.
- Be able to go Swat without play time but still cant go mayor without play time.
- Be able to get unlimited supply's from the police locker.
- Be given a decent Gold member car.
- Be able to buy items from NPC retailers for 25% off.

I -support EVERYTHING here. I'm not going to give every single reason, but I'll give a few. First off, HL2RP. Many gold members are complete minges (I.E PKman), and giving them the ability to go CP instantly or become rebel with weapons (you can instantly be a rebel already, so I assume you mean that they get weapons) would destroy it, because idiots would have benefits that only mature players deserve. Second, HRP. EVERYTHING on the list is completely overpowered; and is just way too much. Next, OCRP. 20 pots is really dumb, and would be way too overpowered. Second, play time isn't needed for anything, so the second one would be void. Third, the gold members already get a vehicle that's a lot faster than the old one. And finally, no. It would make weed even more overpowered, and it would DESTROY the OCRP economy.

EDIT: Fixed some grammar errors, I typed this up quickly.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 10:18:25 PM »
Meh. VIP was what we intended people to go for and gold was for the ones who wanted to go the extra mile to help us out. We're not too interested in adding more gold exclusive benefits, however VIP could use a few different things in the future. HL2RP isn't meant to really have benefits cause there isn't much we can do without destroying gameplay.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 01:16:24 PM »
I don't want CG to turn into a 'pay to win' community, because that would be terrible for it's reputation to new players.

Almost all suggestions are simply way to much and unreasonable.
Besides, you forget the fact that you DONATE to the community to support it's uptime. You don't PAY for VIP/Gold member, even if most people donate for these reasons.

The benefits you get is just a small thanks to your donation. Something you should appreciate, not ask for more. (Aka taking the whole hand when offered a finger.)

Overall:

- Have the Ability to Votekick players. - As said, this might be useful on one side, but easily abusable from the other side.
- Have the Ability to Votemute or even the ability to mute players without a vote. - You can mute players from the player menu while in a server. (Second from top on GM12. I have no idea where Garry put this shit on GM13 though.)

Harbour Roleplay:

- The Helicopter that costs 270K (also with the H500). - No. Nope. Nah. Naha. Never. This littlebird helicopter you are talking about is extremely difficult to fly, but once you get used to, it's amazing. This is somewhat the 'end game' goal a gold member can go for since he already has the H500 helicopter. So no, taking this goal away and everyone would just attempt to fly these littlebird helicopters and cause a huge clusterfuck of crashing helicopters.
- A fishing boat. - Same as above really. What else would you still use in-game money for if you already get everything as benefit? <.<
- Instead of 50K give 70K. - Why not happy with 50k?
- Make it so you get 50% more cash from when you sell your fish. - Maybe, but 50% is to much. Perhaps 10-25% though?
- Able to buy all items from the entity menu (guns, misc, etc...) for 25/15% off. - So you want more money AND discounts on everything you use it for? No... That is just doubling the effect.

HL2RP:

- Have a automatic ability to go CP or rebel when they donate gold (if they want too). - No. Nope. Never. CP/official rebel requires a LOT of responsibility and care. And getting access to things like this by paying money will literally kill the server.

Gmod Racer 2:

- The player who donated receives Gold membership items only (Golden Turbo, Golden Engine, Golden Skins Etc...). - Pretty sure this is already included. They do get a few exclusive items, but I forgot what exactly.
- The player receives 35k instead of 25k. - Same as HRP: Why not happy with 25k? Which is more then enough.
- Have the ability to kill people in the waiting queue with your car (rockets, etc...) for the next race/game. - Absolutely not. The car test area is exactly what it's name says: The ability to test new upgrades on your car. Not an RDM fest.
- Have the ability to have 2 lives in a fight to survive derby, instead of being instantly out when killed. - Very unfair to regulars, seeing as it already takes a lot of time for these kind of rounds to end, this will make it even worse.

OCRP:

- Instead of 10 pots make it so they can grow 20 and VIPs can grow 10. - Oh god please... Go out and do some passive RP, kthx?
- Be able to go Swat without play time but still cant go mayor without play time. - Agreed with Wakeboarder: Let them know the server/rules before being able to go SWAT/mayor
- Be able to get unlimited supply's from the police locker. - I don't see police walking around with 200 road spikes stuffed in their ass, right?
- Be given a decent Gold member car. - Yeah, perhaps. Just a regular normal car so you at least have a way to transport yourself/friends.
- Be able to buy items from NPC retailers for 25% off. - Economy breaker.

Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline LG-IM.Swagger

• Given 250 Credits and all I get was this fucking title?
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 05:15:58 PM »
Why do people who donate deserve benefits? A donator badge and maybe an invite to a beta of a gamemode is enough.

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 07:40:52 PM »
Why do people who donate deserve benefits? A donator badge and maybe an invite to a beta of a gamemode is enough.

*has black name* they're aimed as an incentive so they actually get donations

current benefits are fine imo.

Offline LG-IM.Swagger

• Given 250 Credits and all I get was this fucking title?
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012, 10:04:12 PM »

*has black name* they're aimed as an incentive so they actually get donations

current benefits are fine imo.

*Makes no fucking difference* They're aimed as a cash cow then? Okay, you are suggesting terrible ideas for CG then, because frankly it would be absolutely silly whether or not I have a black name or not, now if you don't mind, I have to go and count all my fucks.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal