Author Topic: Extend the amount of characters allowed before the name field shows ".."  (Read 1271 times)

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Spoiler for image:
My name only has one more letter and it's not showing it on my HUD because it's replaced with "..".
There is plenty of space left for that letter, and the periods take up the same space of not more than the letter "s". For now, I'd suggest just increasing the chars before it sets them but in the future I think you should just make the names scale depending on the length. Either get a longer bar for longer names or make the text smaller O0

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Agreed, my name is the same way. Atleast make it 15 characters instead of 12.

Below is my suggestion made on another thread which you can go to by clicking on the red below.

• If your RP name consists of more than 12 characters, it will cut your name down to 12 characters and add 2 dots to the end of it. Only in the HUD display.
    • Perhaps it should shorten the first name rather than the last name as first names are more common. Take Danny Matthews as an example, maybe limit it to D. Matthews?

The useful thing with above is that it asks for your first name and last name separately so it should be a possibility.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Extended it to 15 chars in the update.

Locked.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal